What's new

Lahore is 'Paris of Pakistan,' tweets William Hague

Please see the images from the Great Flood of Paris in 1910:

Photos of Paris flood, 1910

Lahore is just about similar, being a 100 years behind.

This crossing of Lahore collects water from many areas around, it is like a sump and water remain there for next 30 minutes after every rain. Its not a problem of lack of drainage... because one big drain line runs next to this crossing.

You always see pictures of this crossing, otherwise if you go to this place, you will find very good infrastructure.

Its a very important crossing and every on in Lahore knows it and photographers, flock to this crossing after every rain.

It just temporary situation.

Many cities in the world have an atmosphere. Very few have character. Lahore has Character. Beat that!

Bingo!

A trillion dollar GDP can build towers of concrete and glass, but they don't impart any character. All you get is a generic modern city which gets boring real fast.

Lahore has history and character. No amount of money can buy that.

What it lacks is a citizenry that is appreciative of this treasure and has the civic pride to maintain it properly.

Flooding due to heavy rain is normal, for every city.

For example these are "Top 10 cities with the best infrastructure in the world".

1. Singapore

heavy-rains-flood-singapore-shopping-district-as-2010-6-16-5-21-47.jpg

2. Munich

_67941948_67941947.jpg

4. Copenhagen

Regn_Enghave4_556743y.jpg

6. Hong Kong

06072008.jpg

7. London

2072070.jpg

. Sydney

_20120308223954645112-600x400.jpg

Stop hating on your own city cause of silly political differences.

If you search google 'Lahore after rain' than you find only one crossing pictures.. basically same picture on top of the hit.

but at the same time you see hundreds of other pictures, which are from rest of Lahore but are completely ignored by the haters, who are slaves of prince Charles and his queen.
Lahore-Rain2.jpg

Picture above is just 1kM away from the pictures posted by haters and you see no photographer dared to visit this crossing.

Moronic comment which interprets "stupid comment" which doesn't not interpret person attack like you always cry about.

You better focus Thread topic not PTI the subject is lahore is paris of Pakistan said someone where'd PTI land in this Thread. I'm also going to report you for derailing Threads and having possibly 2 IDs. No need to reply back not interested in reading stupid comments.

@Aeronaut please and please for the sake of this forum, this is like more than 10th time I am reporting [batmannow/BATMAN] for being obsessed and bringing in a political party in not related Threads and no one has taken action against these two or same person who knows. Moderators betters do their job and zip these two mouths always hanging on PTI's arse for apparent hatred reason not even pml-n guys are that terrible as these two. I demand action on these two...

He is official representative of PTI on this forum... do you not see his special title?

Every statement he issue, is considered as issued on letter head of PTI!

If that's not the case than remove PTI from your official title.

I report all PTI activists of making posts of no value out of hate.. to Pakistan.

Only blind will say Lahore is not the best city of Pakistan.... Tell us why does, Imran Khan migrated to Lahore?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted to ask one question but couldnt find the right thread.Do men in the cities like lahore and karachi urinate on roads like we indians do?are pakistani cities free of urine stench?

I always wanted to ask one question but couldnt find the right thread.Do men in the cities like lahore and karachi urinate on roads like we indians do?are pakistani cities free of urine stench?

Even Manhattan, NYC is not free of urine stench.
A visit to the New York subway is a "treat" for the senses -- fat rats, urine smell, graffiti, ...

A visit to the New York subway is a "treat" for the senses -- fat rats, urine smell, graffiti, ...

so people urinate on road sides in lahore too.I thought there is a possibility of that not happening since islam commands its followers to urinate in a sitting position and clean the genitals with water after the work is done.That is not possible on roadside.

Beta, Sheikh ki book parh (My vision)...

Sheikh of Dubai wrote that he will make Dubai the greatest city of the 21st century human civilization! And according to him, current Dubai is only 10% of his perceived vision of Dubai :D ...

Agay agay dekh hota kya hai..

Just one example : Dubai is currently building the biggest theme park of the world in which live-size replicas of 7 wonders of planet would be there (including Taj Mahal, Egyptian Paramids, Eiffel tower etc)...and much more in that theme park...or ye sirf aik project hai..lol

Does Dubai have THAT much area?! :unsure:

:raise: London subways and Roman metros too!! :sick:

bird view of Paris :lol: :omghaha:

[/QUOTE]These promoted PTI activists have indigestion.... from small praise of Lahore.

They really provoke enough to attract replies.... they can go rest in real Paris and bury them self among the same kings.. whom their leader cherish, while Shairfs at least had the guts, to put his city in good light.[/QUOTE]

talk abt rest of da cities of pak...LAHORE is not all PUNJAB....ask ur Sharifs to focus on other remote areas....or hav thy taken a contract of dis city only? or shall i say only of posh areas? huge part of lhr is still very very backward....

u can not shut anyones mouth if thy point out any odd in da projects n campaigns startd by PMLN! so please stop pretendin to b da owners of da city n da province ...u PMLNers!

so people urinate on road sides in lahore too.I thought there is a possibility of that not happening since islam commands its followers to urinate in a sitting position and clean the genitals with water after the work is done.That is not possible on roadside.

Which very well proves that how much Islam is followed in Pakistan.. In fact most people don't know that there is an instruction on this...

@Roybot an hour's normal rain can flood lahore like that and the streets would remain muddy and dirt all over for atleast 3-4 days..

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't forget the Eau de Vomit in the subway too.

By comparision, London's Subway is squeaky clean.. and except for the Overground and east end stations(I wonder why)... the rest are well kept and the trains in good condition. Even the district and circle lines arent as bad as the ones in Paris. The only one worth taking in Paris is the Yellow(1) line that runs along Champs Elysees... the rest are terrible.. and the stations worse.

Music however, is much more diverse and entertaining in the subways of Paris.

Back
Top Bottom