What's new

Korean Shipbuilders’ Fully Booked Dockyards Give Chinese Shipbuilders Reflective Benefits

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Korean Shipbuilders’ Fully Booked Dockyards Give Chinese Shipbuilders Reflective Benef
By Jung Min-hee
May 10, 2023, 16:14

114376_130130_1414.png

New ship orders are plummeting around the world. Korean shipbuilders with their saturated shipyard docks have been unable to keep up with reduced demand and have faltered on taking new orders. Instead, reflective benefits went to Chinese shipbuilders.

Clarkson Research, a U.K.-based shipbuilding and shipping market analyst, reported on May 9 that global ship orders for 1.85 million standard gross tons (CGT) (80 ships) in April represented a drop of 62 percent from 4.86 million CGT (153 ships) in the same month of 2022. April 2023 alone became the month with the lowest order intake in three years since 1.91 million CGT in April 2020. It was down 44 percent from 3.33 million CGT (117 ships) the previous month. Global orders have shrunk since the start of this year but posted a surprising increase in March and returned to a drop within one month.

Korea accounted for 380,000 CGT (13 ships) of the new shipbuilding orders in April, a 20 percent share. Its share of new orders dropped by nine percentage points in a month, from 29 percent, while China’s share jumped from 50 percent to 76 percent in the same period. China’s order intake reached 1.41 million CGT (62 ships) in April. With 60,000 CGT (five ships and three percent), Japan, the third place holder, posted the same sharp drop in winning new orders as Korea.

Countries’ shares of the world’s order backlog remained unchanged for the third month. At the end of last month, the global order backlog stood at 111 million CGT. Korea accounted for 38.45 million CGT (35 percent) and China for 50.08 million CGT (45 percent).

The decline in new orders for Korea is attributable to a slowdown in orders after two years of explosive growth. This phenomenon is called a “reverse base effect.” A record number of new orders (54.29 million CGT) were placed in 2021 and the year 2022 saw another large number of orders of 45.53 million CGT. This is partly due to Korean shipyards being too crowded. Korean shipbuilders have been selectively receiving orders for eco-friendly, high-value-added vessels such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers. But they are overwhelmed with significant backlogs. This situation makes them unable to keep up with new demand.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=114376

Another pro-China propaganda thread by beijingwalker. How original.

A small nation with very limited human and natural resources can never sustain a massive shipbuilding industry.

A small nation with very limited human and natural resources can never sustain a massive shipbuilding industry.

Here are some of the factors that have contributed to South Korea's success in the shipbuilding industry:

• A highly skilled workforce: South Korea has a highly skilled workforce that is well-educated and experienced in shipbuilding. This workforce is able to produce high-quality ships at competitive prices.
  • A strong commitment to innovation: South Korean shipbuilders are always looking for new ways to improve their products and processes. This commitment to innovation has allowed them to stay ahead of the competition.
  • A supportive government: The South Korean government has been a strong supporter of the shipbuilding industry. It has provided financial assistance, tax breaks, and other incentives to help the industry grow.
  • A favorable business environment: South Korea has a favorable business environment for shipbuilding. The country has a well-developed infrastructure, a stable political system, and a strong legal system. These factors make it easy for businesses to operate in South Korea.
These factors have allowed South Korea to become a major player in the global shipbuilding industry, and they are likely to continue to drive its success in the years to come.

I'm not a libtard by no means. I'm just against beijingwalker's daily propaganda posts.
Propaganda? CNN is propaganda, BBC is propaganda but you consume it like no tomorrow. This is a analytical article from a friggin KOREAN paper who also tends to be anti China. They gave this analysis because it is REALITY. I am in the same industry and I know it is true. I hope one day Europeans can wake up and be independent and understand a multipolar world is better for all. I too grew up worshipping US, GI Joe Mission Impossible you name it,but the more i know, the more I understand US is not stable and is dangerous and they are not democratic. They have a facade 9f democracy and is controlled by the deep state. So my friend wake up, China is your best bet for a better world. We aren't angels but US is definitely the devil.

Propaganda? CNN is propaganda, BBC is propaganda but you consume it like no tomorrow.
No I don't. I despise it.

In fact,I've talked against it in specific threads.

his is a analytical article from a friggin KOREAN paper who also tends to be anti China. They gave this analysis because it is REALITY. I am in the same industry and I know it is true.
Bro,do you know beijingwalker's history on this forum?

Let me put it this way: If I posted every single day,about 5-6 or more threads about how Greece is amazing and how a gazillion countries bow down to Greece for some reason and then I posted every single day,posts about how almost half of the world sucks compared to life in Greece......................it's a hypothetic scenario,you know what I mean? But yes,if I posted all that every single day,what would you have thought of me?

You have to understand that his posting doesn't help,but actually harms the image of Chinese people on the forum. It's like an endless propaganda radio paid by the Party. I had great respect for Chinese people and their heroic defence against the Japanese in WWII.

Then comes this buffoon and his friend etylo and do everything they can to make me dislike the PRC.

Why? Because they post endlessly EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YEARS articles bragging about the superiority of China and the inferiority in all levels of every other country. USA,Canada,Australia,almost all of Europe,Arabs,in some cases Russia too probably,South Korea,Japan,Taiwan,Vietnam etc.

Let me put it this way: If I posted every single day,about 5-6 or more threads about how Greece is amazing and how a gazillion countries bow down to Greece for some reason and then I posted every single day,posts about how almost half of the world sucks compared to life in Greece......................it's a hypothetic scenario,you know what I mean? But yes,if I posted all that every single day,what would you have thought of me?

You have to understand that his posting doesn't help,but actually harms the image of Chinese people on the forum. It's like an endless propaganda radio paid by the Party. I had great respect for Chinese people and their heroic defence against the Japanese in WWII.

Then comes this buffoon and his friend etylo and do everything they can to make me dislike the PRC.

Why? Because they post endlessly EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YEARS articles bragging about the superiority of China and the inferiority in all levels of every other country. USA,Canada,Australia,almost all of Europe,Arabs,in some cases Russia too probably,South Korea,Japan,Taiwan,Vietnam etc.
I have no idea if he is a genius or an idiot but that article is NOT PROPAGANDA. IT IS REALITY. Outside my office are 5 Greek ships being made in China, yes the country you hate so much. Crazy some can be so full of hatred just from consuming US propaganda.

You libertards are even glorifying Nazis in Europe because of hatred towards Russia. So yes laugh and applaud what Japan did 80 years ago. We wanted to have a strong navy to protect ourselves not invade others. But hell the US propaganda machine brainwashed you well.

Until today i seriously don't know why we are threat to Europe or US apart from the ability to be free from their control. I know your frustration, how can poor yellow people be equal, how dare they brag. But notice most articles are not even by us, it is by foreigners, because nobody believed in us. You want to know why some Chineze are proud and sometimes arrogant? Because we have been bullied beaten and exploited so much until we fear to be weak. We have done nothing to Japan. Japan killed millions of us and destroyed my family. They did not even offer a single apology and here you are cheering for a monster. I have seen 1970s communist fanatics but now i have also seen some crazy libertard fanatics who think US is spreading love and freedom, in the religion of 'democracy'.

Last edited:

A history of making your pathetic haters lives miserable, I m very proud of upsetting you this much, lol..

I have no idea if he is a genius or an idiot but that article is NOT PROPAGANDA. IT IS REALITY. Outside my office are 5 Greek ships being made in China, yes the country you hate so much. Crazy some can be so full of hatred just from consuming US propaganda.
Why do you still say that I "hate" China?

Why can't you understand my english? I'm talking to you in a simple way.

This guy is not here to debate in other threads,he is not here to discuss. He is here to promote the PRC and defame other countries. After a point,that becomes annoying and tiresome if you check the forum every day.

But moreover,it's AGAINST the forum rules.

So basically,this guy should have been banned a long time ago. Just like others before him who were doing the same. Because this isn't information. This isn't even discussion.

His daily program is to find articles that praise the PRC and defame the societies,economy and military of adversary countries and organisations. And post them here.

So that means he has an agenda.

One look at his thread history and you'll understand what I mean.

@LeGenD @waz It's against the rules to do systematic propaganda here.

Which rule? rules made by teeny tiny greece? lol....

The forum rules:

Propaganda

Sometimes the news sources are being used to spread propaganda: weaponized information aimed at achieving a certain political goal. Usually this is to incriminate hatred amongst groups of people or vilify them. PDF does not believe in aiding the spread of propaganda that does not mean that PDF is closed to discussions about such pieces. When you are to post such pieces of information for the sake of discussion or clarification, kindly clearly state so in your post otherwise it would be treated as aiding the spread of propaganda and would result in penalization.

Back
Top Bottom