What's new

Kashmiri women are strictly forbidden from nose piercing

Punjabi Kashmiris are also known for their big families, even in urban areas until a few decades ago

I think punjabis of all tribes used to have big sized families until recently, it was not specific to kashmiris only. The main reason behind this practice was that in the culture of punjab the numbers matter "a lot" so people tend to have a lot of children to catch up to others in numbers.

For example there is saying in punjabi language that "Pai paiyan diyan bawan hondey nay" which means more brothers you have more protected you are. Waris shah also wrote about the importance of having brothers as your protectors in heer waris shah but I do not know the exact wording of those verses. So in older culture of punjab , bigger family (particularly brothers) = more protection

It comes from Kashmiris in Punjab, many of whom look fat and white like Nawaz Sharif.

Yup. Nawaz Sharif BuTT is fat because he is no longer a pure Kashmiri

Punjabi Kashmiris are no longer pure. No Muslim biradari is pure. All this endogamy is a fad. Even generations back, intermarriages happened all the time, though not the vast majority of the times, but they did happen.

A 2% intermarriage rate is enough to destroy the pureness of any ethnicity. Over time, all Punjabis look similar. This refutes the hindu caste systems prevalent in ultra-caste ridden india

That is why there is great Hikma, when in Islam, tribes were told to foster ties by giving eachother their daughters and sons in marriage.

In some areas of Punjab, there is this stereotype of BuTTs being gangsters and into the prostitution/criminal industry

Yup. Nawaz Sharif BuTT is fat because he is no longer a pure Kashmiri

Punjabi Kashmiris are no longer pure. No Muslim biradari is pure. All this endogamy is a fad. Even generations back, intermarriages happened all the time, though not the vast majority of the times, but they did happen.

A 2% intermarriage rate is enough to destroy the pureness of any ethnicity. Over time, all Punjabis look similar. This refutes the hindu caste systems prevalent in ultra-caste ridden india

That is why there is great Hikma, when in Islam, tribes were told to foster ties by giving eachother their daughters and sons in marriage.

In some areas of Punjab, there is this stereotype of BuTTs being gangsters and into the prostitution/criminal industry

Nawaz sharif is NOT Batt/Butt, he belongs to Wani/Wain tribe of kashmir which are shopkeepers or businessmen in kashmir. Their punjabi equivalent are Khatri Sheikhs of punjab. And when I say that most of the kashmiris have slender bodies this does not mean that "all" of them are slender, there would be some who will be fat also but that is surely not the dominant trait among "pure" kashmiris or any other dardic speaking folks.

Last edited:
Nawaz sharif is NOT Batt/Butt, he belongs to Wani/Wain tribe of kashmir which are shopkeepers or businessmen in kashmir. Their punjabi equivalent are Khatri Sheikhs of punjab.

In southern Punjab, we call all of them BuTTs

Armstrong will prove this false by having a piercing on his nose. :omghaha:

But Armstrong has already stated many times that his mother is from rajput tribe and I think in rajputs there is no such custom that forbids them from nose piercing.

I'm Shaikh love your booty :D

And @Hyperion is the dancer i pay to show me her moves.

Shake Shake that thing!

Btw Kashmiris are traitors. Chop chop their heads, first in line @Armstrong.

Punjabi Kashmiris are also known for their big families, even in urban areas until a few decades ago I do not believe there are 2 million Kashmiris in Punjab. Because if you include all Kashmiris from Jammu, Mirpur, Punch areas, the figure doubles.

Kashmiris in Punjab have mixed with Punjabis. Yup. I hear the claims of endogamy, but they have mixed with the Punjabi Jatts, gujjars, shaikhs, arains etc In Punjab, everyone is mixed now to various degrees. There is no pure anyone.

This pure stuff is only found in hindu caste system. Muslims in Pakistan have maintained their tribal biradari systems, but they are not pure

BS.. I can still find you people who dont marry outside their "clans" ...

Imagine, why would dardic kashmiris leave Kashmir Valley, Doda/Kishtwar/Ramban/Neelum valleys and settle in GUJRANWALA in the middle of a much different looking group of people PUNJABIS?

Is it because Gujranwala is full of rice fields, and these Dardic Kashmiris love rice. And Gujranwala is also full of meat. While, the Kashmir valleys are small and have not had enough space for the rice and meat loving Kashmiris, as there would not be enough space for both cows and Kashmiris there.:lol:,

We are punjabis of kashmiri origin and in our family it is "STRICTLY" forbidded for women folks to pierce their noses which is quite normal for all other punjabi tribes among whom we live in. I never understood this anomaly in our case but my mother told me that this is the defining feature of a "kashmiri" that their women will never ever pierce their noses. All the women in my extended family and relatives (all kashmiris) are without nose piercing.

Does anybody else also has such custom in their families or some knowledge regarding the background behind this particular custom?

I just asked my mum about this custom in Kashmiri families. She confirmed it. However she said that Kashmiris now are ok with nose piercings but weren't before. I asked her why and she said she didn't know, it was just the custom.

BS.. I can still find you people who dont marry outside their "clans" ...

Yaar, they say and show you on face how endogamous they are. Ham ne sirf Rajputon me shaadi karni hai.

But, if you check their family, you will find one uncle to have married outside family. Sometimes, a secret second marriage. That is enough.

Back
Top Bottom