What's new

Karrar MBT l Updates, News & Discussion

most of the time you don't get what you need.
the worst ever that can't get the right girl you need then you either live alone or you sick to some one with you prefer to spend it lonely so tanks are the easiest things to accept.

guys isn't this guy the same superboy or im wrong
He is a false flagger Iranian.

Some people are saying that it is modified version of T90ms .... Not karrar ....

Considering the Russians offered Iran the T-90 with ToT & domestic production recently it likely does have T-90 tech within it.
also to be honest I don't see why everyone says the zulfiqar-3 looks like the M1 abrams, i do not see this resemblance & it just looks like a T-72 to me.
How can it look like T72 when it is based on M60 body ?!

Some people are saying that it is modified version of T90ms .... Not karrar ....

How can it look like T72 when it is based on M60 body ?!
this is an M60 patton tank
highres_118686052.jpeg

This is a Zulfiqar
300px-Zolfaghar3Tank1.jpg

& this is a T-72
n2738957-4005585.jpg

some source claim the Zulfiqar takes some design portions from the M60 but i really don't see that much resemblance. to me it looks like a domestic T-72.

we started Zulfiqar project before importing T72s .... so it was base on M60 body .... just look at M60 body and compare it with Zulfiqar body ... although there are some modification ...

we started Zulfiqar project before importing T72s .... so it was base on M60 body .... just look at M60 body and compare it with Zulfiqar body ... although there are some modification ...
Iran did capture some Iraqi T-72s during the Iran-Iraq war though. thus the tech was in Iranian hands

Iran did capture some Iraqi T-72s during the Iran-Iraq war though. thus the tech was in Iranian hands

this is Zulfiqar 1

zulfiqar_1.jpg

compare it with M60 body ....

whatever , Zulfiqar project is a dead project ... Army commanders didn't approve it and asked for more reliable Tank ( T90 )

this is Zulfiqar 1

zulfiqar_1.jpg

compare it with M60 body ....

whatever , Zulfiqar project is a dead project ... Army commanders didn't approve it and asked for more reliable Tank ( T90 )

true the 1 is more like the M60 than T-72 in chassis. although the turret shape.....
i think Zulfiqar production is more or less done. although Iran is said to have anywhere from 100-273.

this is an M60 patton tank
highres_118686052.jpeg

This is a Zulfiqar
300px-Zolfaghar3Tank1.jpg

& this is a T-72
n2738957-4005585.jpg

some source claim the Zulfiqar takes some design portions from the M60 but i really don't see that much resemblance. to me it looks like a domestic T-72.

I dont agree with any of the claims, however when it comes to the first generation they might be right.

Seems they chosed T-90MS design for a reason!

Big number of T-72S tanks in artesh/irgc

Syrian T-72s

Upgrading old T-72s to Karrar standard is fast & economical !!!

I can't see anything wrong about it if the new tank works fine ...

Koreans used American expertise

Turkey used korean expertise

Our defense minister said karrar doesn't have t-90s & t-72s problems...

Developing a new tank from A-Z needs a big mount of time & money !

Syrian T-72s

There is quite a difference in license production, license for design, transfer of technology and coaching assistance. We dont know wether this tank is any of the aformentioned project. If Iran did infact go the way of ToT or with license of the design then this is indeed a big step and completely understandable and a really positive development for the Iranian defence industry aswell considering the Zulfiqar had run into many problems in its developments(mainly staling). This doesnt look like an upgraded T-72, lets get this clear. Russia is involved one way or another in this tank development and that is a good thing.

Syrian T-72s

If the karrar is even remotely like the t90ms then it certainly wont be either fast or economical to upgrade irans t72s to that standard.The t90ms is a deep modernisation of the t90 with a brand new turret both inside and out there are also numerous improvements to the gun and autoloader plus the chassis/hull,you`re talking at least a 50%+ brand new tank which is why I`m more than a little skeptical about the karrar,does it have the same level of improvements as the t90ms or is it just a bog standard t72 made to look like t90ms on the outside?, just like zulfiqar was made to look like an abrams but in reality was nothing but a hodgepodge of m60 and t72 components.Personally I think iran should`ve gone for license production of the t90ms as it was an excellent tank without some of the big flaws of the t72 and in addition the russians were willing to play ball and provide license production,I think iran missed an opportunity here.

The most important part is mass production ... we need an affordable system ... affordable and effective !

+

Syria war experience helped iranian designers alot ...

Similarities with T-90MS is clear !

But differences are also clear ...

Seems karrar designed independently by iranians from T-90MS

t-90ms_keyshot.1-1020x572.jpg

t-90ms_keyshot.5.jpg

They are both upgraded T-72's and clearly Iran implemented many of the same things as the Russians did off the T-90 but the T-90 is not the future of Russian tanks! as i'm sure everyone knows Russians are smartly building

"The "Armata" Universal Combat Platform (Russian: Армата) is a Russian prototype of an advanced next generation heavy military tracked vehicle platform. The Armata platform is the basis of the T-14, the T-15, a combat engineering vehicle, an armoured recovery vehicle, a heavy armoured personnel carrier, a tank support combat vehicle and several types of self-propelled artillery, including the 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV under the same codename based on the same """"""chassis""""". It is also intended to serve as the basis for artillery, air defense, and NBC defense systems.[10] The new "Armata" tank platform is meant to replace the older Russian MBTs and APCs that are currently used by the Russian military

It's main purpose will be to improve battlefield repair and maintenance performance and costs which is vital both during peace and war time.

For Iran right now every single type of tracked vehicle we have require their own parts and maintenance personal the smart thing for Iran to do is to design and build tacked universal combat system based off 2 different chassis (Light & Heavy).... because supplying parts and maintenance for so many different types of vehicles that we currently have will be a nightmare in any type of war....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom