What's new

Karrar MBT l Updates, News & Discussion

I was talking about Soheil posts a while ago about the Karrar tank and that it's a totally different story than the zulfaghar tank which is based on the t-72 and has its gun and engine and he also said it will have active protection system and as he said that it seems Iran managed to reverse engineer the 120mm rheinmetal gun and he talked about an advanced FCS!

Now all I see is a T-90ms tank which is very good by the way but it's still not good enough to confront the joint French-German next generation tank which is meant to beat the armata tank and don't forget the merkava-5 tank which is still under development!

Our enemies are now working on tanks and IFV with laser and electromagnetic offensive and defensive systems,and we are happy with the Karrar?!:hitwall:

Don't forget that when the Karrar enters service it will stay in service for about 20-30 years so......!
bro this is t-90 with some modification on it if you like t-90 then that's what you got.

Soheil said a while ago when I was just a visitor to his forum(this is my first post)that it will have a rheinmetal 120mm gun and now he says it's based on t-72!

This is the first prototype amigo !

& every Iranian member in our telegram group can confirm that i said karrar based on t72 !

This is a heavy improvement...

@SOHEIL
Why members from a certain country doesn't seem to be happy at development?
Maybe they don't want to see their neighbours develop anything.

Some T-72/T-90 bits present their from side and turret area. Main gun surely resembles PL-01 's gun to a certain level.

T-90MS Tagil ,Also see the side. In above post here , you can see clear resemblance at multiple points.
T-90MS.jpg

img_20160821_004559-jpg.327564

They have similarities

bro this is t-90 with some modification on it if you like t-90 then that's what you got.
It's not about what I like or hate!
It's about what is needed
This is the first prototype amigo !

& every Iranian member in our telegram group can confirm that i said karrar based on t72 !

This is a heavy improvement...

They have similarities
What about the final prototype?

How good will it be?
Is Iran working on more advanced tanks to match enemies next generation tanks?

I know it's raining questions brother,but we need to know more about tanks and armour programmes!

This is based on T72 and we have at least 350 - 500 t72s .... So in first phase we can upgrade our t72 to karrar standard and modernize our tanks with lesser price and in short period of time ( especially that we have some finicinal problems ) ....

After we gain more experience , we can go for making new generation of tanks ( Armata , Merkav V , Altay and etc... )

There so many countries that operate t72 , if there are no pressure , then maybe we can offer karrar as an upgrade for them ....

What about the final prototype?

How good will it be?
Is Iran working on more advanced tanks to match enemies next generation tanks?

I know it's raining questions brother,but we need to know more about tanks and armour programmes!

The most important part is mass production ... we need an affordable system ... affordable and effective !

This is based on T72 and we have at least 350 - 500 t72s .... So in first phase we can upgrade our t72 to karrar standard and modernize our tanks with lesser price and in short period of time ( especially that we have some finicinal problems ) ....

After we gain more experience , we can go for making new generation of tanks ( Armata , Merkav V , Altay and etc... )

There so many countries that operate t72 , if there are no pressure , then maybe we can offer karrar as an upgrade for them ....

+

Syria war experience helped iranian designers alot ...

Similarities with T-90MS is clear !

But differences are also clear ...

Seems karrar designed independently by iranians from T-90MS

t-90ms_keyshot.1-1020x572.jpg

t-90ms_keyshot.5.jpg

@SOHEIL
How long before you can post some clear shots?

Can you post details available to you like some specs?

it looks like T-90SM with a shorter cannon like Merkava

I was talking about Soheil posts a while ago about the Karrar tank and that it's a totally different story than the zulfaghar tank which is based on the t-72 and has its gun and engine and he also said it will have active protection system and as he said that it seems Iran managed to reverse engineer the 120mm rheinmetal gun and he talked about an advanced FCS!

Now all I see is a T-90ms tank which is very good by the way but it's still not good enough to confront the joint French-German next generation tank which is meant to beat the armata tank and don't forget the merkava-5 tank which is still under development!

Our enemies are now working on tanks and IFV with laser and electromagnetic offensive and defensive systems,and we are happy with the Karrar?!:hitwall:

Don't forget that when the Karrar enters service it will stay in service for about 20-30 years so......!

Considering how badly the Merkava IV did in Lebanon, how the other variants did in the first Lebanon war against the T-72 & considering the base of the Merkava family is actually a Centurion with chieftain parts. I wouldn't be too concerned about the Merkava V at all,unless the Israelis copy a Leopard 2 or M1 Abrams.
Even their much toted trophy system isn't a game changer considering weapons like the RPG-32 are being made & the fact you could probably just damage the Sensors on the tank to prevent it from activating (i also have a hunch the Merkava's trophy could be vulnerable to a hacker)
The main point of the Karrar program, I believe is to get more experience with tank building not to match western tank programs.
also laser tech isn't that reliable considering it has been proven to be ineffective in sand storms & misty conditions which scatter the laser beams. (another thing worth noting is it is easy to beat them with reflective coatings as the Chinese have already tested such coatings for their missiles).

I think the big question here is whether this is just a t72 thats been made to just resemble the t90ms just like zolfiqhar externally resembled the abrams[why oh why in gods name did they do that?] or does this actually have some of the same internal features that the deep modernization t90ms possesses.Only time will tell I guess

I think the big question here is whether this is just a t72 thats been made to just resemble the t90ms just like zolfiqhar externally resembled the abrams[why oh why in gods name did they do that?] or does this actually have some of the same internal features that the deep modernization t90ms possesses.Only time will tell I guess
Considering the Russians offered Iran the T-90 with ToT & domestic production recently it likely does have T-90 tech within it.
also to be honest I don't see why everyone says the zulfiqar-3 looks like the M1 abrams, i do not see this resemblance & it just looks like a T-72 to me.

most of the time you don't get what you need.
the worst ever that can't get the right girl you need then you either live alone or you sick to some one with you prefer to spend it lonely so tanks are the easiest things to accept.

Considering the Russians offered Iran the T-90 with ToT & domestic production recently it likely does have T-90 tech within it.
also to be honest I don't see why everyone says the zulfiqar-3 looks like the M1 abrams, i do not see this resemblance & it just looks like a T-72 to me.
guys isn't this guy the same superboy or im wrong

most of the time you don't get what you need.
the worst ever that can't get the right girl you need then you either live alone or you sick to some one with you prefer to spend it lonely so tanks are the easiest things to accept.

guys isn't this guy the same superboy or im wrong
Nope our buddy is German and superboy is Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom