What's new

Karrar MBT l Updates, News & Discussion

Very reminiscent of the Polish PL-01 design.

polish-tank-PL-01.jpg

As far as T-72 upgrades are concerned, it's not bad. The slats should be moved out a little more though and the remote gun systems mount looks a bit flimsy. Does the shrouded barrel design offer any advantages over the traditional ones?

Is it worth perusing over upgraded T-72s will be an interesting point to watch.

USH_2205.jpg

@SOHEIL
Why members from a certain country doesn't seem to be happy at development?
Maybe they don't want to see their neighbours develop anything.

Very reminiscent of the Polish PL-01 design.

polish-tank-PL-01.jpg

As far as T-72 upgrades are concerned, it's not bad. The slats should be moved out a little more though and the remote gun systems mount looks a bit flimsy.
Some T-72/T-90 bits present their from side and turret area. Main gun surely resembles PL-01 's gun to a certain level.

The turret looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on the exact one it looks like.
T-90MS Tagil ,Also see the side. In above post here , you can see clear resemblance at multiple points.
T-90MS.jpg

img_20160821_004559-jpg.327564

Last edited:
I was disappointed with the Karrar tank not because it's not an initially good tank according to first sight evaluation,but because Soheil said a while ago when I was just a visitor to his forum(this is my first post)that it will have a rheinmetal 120mm gun and now he says it's based on t-72!

I thought I would see a western style tank!
It seems Iran still not self-sufficient in advanced and state-of-the-art tank like armata tank!

I was disappointed with the Karrar tank not because it's not an initially good tank according to first sight evaluation,but because Soheil said a while ago when I was just a visitor to his forum(this is my first post)that it will have a rheinmetal 120mm gun and now he says it's based on t-72!

I thought I would see a western style tank!
It seems Iran still not self-sufficient in advanced and state-of-the-art tank like armata tank!

Nobody but Russia currently has anything on par with the T-14 armata yet.
In addition the gun is only 1 thing out of many in a tank, the 120MM rheinmetall is a good gun just not Sino-Soviet stock.
likewise in theory Iran could probably make it's own caliber tank gun however this would be somewhat wasteful of resources when cheaper & efficient alternatives exist.
& yes it is a T-72 base as one can see from the turret (the T-90 is also a T-72 base). I literally see nothing wrong with basing a design upon an older model & improving it, especially when the design still has potential to evolve (see T-84 & or T-90S as an example of this done right).

Nobody but Russia currently has anything on par with the T-14 armata yet.
In addition the gun is only 1 thing out of many in a tank, the 120MM rheinmetall is a good gun just not Sino-Soviet stock.
likewise in theory Iran could probably make it's own caliber tank gun however this would be somewhat wasteful of resources when cheaper & efficient alternatives exist.
& yes it is a T-72 base as one can see from the turret (the T-90 is also a T-72 base). I literally see nothing wrong with basing a design upon an older model & improving it, especially when the design still has potential to evolve (see T-84 & or T-90S as an example of this done right).
I was talking about Soheil posts a while ago about the Karrar tank and that it's a totally different story than the zulfaghar tank which is based on the t-72 and has its gun and engine and he also said it will have active protection system and as he said that it seems Iran managed to reverse engineer the 120mm rheinmetal gun and he talked about an advanced FCS!

Now all I see is a T-90ms tank which is very good by the way but it's still not good enough to confront the joint French-German next generation tank which is meant to beat the armata tank and don't forget the merkava-5 tank which is still under development!

Our enemies are now working on tanks and IFV with laser and electromagnetic offensive and defensive systems,and we are happy with the Karrar?!:hitwall:

Don't forget that when the Karrar enters service it will stay in service for about 20-30 years so......!

Back
Top Bottom