What's new

Karachi will remain hostage to PPP ruling? What is in it for us? What's our future in this province/country? TV Anchor to PSP Mustafa Kamal

I agree, make a North Pashtunkhwa and South Pashtukhwa (Quetta and Pashtun areas of Balochistan), cut down balochistan into 3 provinces based on its princely state boundaries.

Make South Punjab (Saraikistan)

Make Peshawar a special economic zone because its halfway point between Pashtuns and Hindkokhwan. Make a separate Hindkokhwan porvince
Need 2/3rd majority
And when PMLN get it they don't do it due to political engineering reasons
B- divide Balochistan BLA types will go nuts (but issue is they'll lose the biggest city of Queeta hard for provincial governments presepctive to get over that loss)
C- make hindko province ANP will go nuts (although I think if PTI gets 2/3rd they have the best chance because ethnos are the weekest they have ever been in its history except for during the rules of isalmist parties)
- 2 Pashtun province will upset baloch and maybe they'd rather want a union with KP than to be independent

Potohar and SP won't raise issues in public conscious but politically speaking can spell doom for PMLn (again due to political engineering reasons)

Muhajir suba
A- Sindhis will go insane
B- you'll leave interior Sindh on its own without any major city to back it financially
That'll be problem for Sindh (so imo powerful mayor is the way to go)

Yeah there's just one US diaspora that's started this self victimisation, seems like an identity crisis to be honest..

Its due to 2 factors

First factor is the emergence of Punjabi in the desi scene. No disrespect, but out of all Punjabi diaspora I have met, only Sikhs can speak Punjabi fluently. I have never met a Muslim or Hindu Punjabi that could. All of the top songs and rappers are Punjabi. AP Dhillon, Sidhu Moosewala, Ezu, etc. It is quite remarkable how Punjabi has become #1. As a result, this leads people to try to self internalize, and in the process they end up chauvinist

Second factor is that some of it is reactionary due to Afghan/PTM/BLA antics. Their rhetoric is sometimes picked up and regurgitated back towards those groups.

Obviously anyone in Pakistan and all of the Pakjabi diaspora I know, they aren't ethno nationalist one bit.
Need 2/3rd majority
And when PMLN get it they don't do it due to political engineering reasons
B- divide Balochistan BLA types will go nuts (but issue is they'll lose the biggest city of Queeta hard for provincial governments presepctive to get over that loss)
C- make hindko province ANP will go nuts (although I think if PTI gets 2/3rd they have the best chance because ethnos are the weekest they have ever been in its history except for during the rules of isalmist parties)
- 2 Pashtun province will upset baloch and maybe they'd rather want a union with KP than to be independent

Potohar and SP won't raise issues in public conscious but politically speaking can spell doom for PMLn (again due to political engineering reasons)

Muhajir suba
A- Sindhis will go insane
B- you'll leave interior Sindh on its own without any major city to back it financially
That'll be problem for Sindh (so imo powerful mayor is the way to go)

Its actually crazy how ethno nats have been in their lowest point. However, with the recent setback for Imran Khan and with frustrations brewing in Sindh, troubles may happen.

Pakistans basic problem is justice and law enforcement. Karachi is just a symptom. Not a disease. It's just shows how people treat each other in Pakistan.
But a strange thing about Pakistanis in general : we want to feel as if we are best, most brave, the most generous, most hospitable and most genius in the world. Obviously :lol:

Karachi should have been a wealthy port city by default.

Its due to 2 factors

First factor is the emergence of Punjabi in the desi scene. No disrespect, but out of all Punjabi diaspora I have met, only Sikhs can speak Punjabi fluently. I have never met a Muslim or Hindu Punjabi that could. All of the top songs and rappers are Punjabi. AP Dhillon, Sidhu Moosewala, Ezu, etc. It is quite remarkable how Punjabi has become #1. As a result, this leads people to try to self internalize, and in the process they end up chauvinist

Second factor is that some of it is reactionary due to Afghan/PTM/BLA antics. Their rhetoric is sometimes picked up and regurgitated back towards those groups.

Obviously anyone in Pakistan and all of the Pakjabi diaspora I know, they aren't ethno nationalist one bit.

Its actually crazy how ethno nats have been in their lowest point. However, with the recent setback for Imran Khan and with frustrations brewing in Sindh, troubles may happen.

If PTI can get a majority in 2023 then ethno nats will stay low, have to keep pmln,ppp and others out

I think PTI ko chahiye 3 divisions Gujranwala Lahore and Sahiwal ko separate province bana da noon league sa PTI ki jaan chot jaye gi

No thank you! If it ever came to that make every division in punjab a separate province as no one other than lahoris would want to associate theirsleves with lahore. saara fund choos Jay ga.

As for the other three provinces, they can decide for themselves.

Here is the dilemma. We should have at least 4 to 5 such coastal cities. No working on it. The whole country should have linked to these ports so that you don't necessarily have to set up your industry in any of the coastal cities, no working on it. Lahore should have been a huge dry port handling all trade out of India towards central Asia, no working on it. At least three more dry ports in GB, KPK, and Balochistan, no working on it.
Rona Hai ham Pakistanion ko bs. Roty rahaingy or koi hamary masly Hal nai karyga. Yeh kam hamara apna Hai, or hamko khud hi kerna hoga. And PPP and Sindhi nationalists are after destroying whatever capability we have at the moment. And people who are in power are watching it.

Last edited:
Matters or not

You said PPP would get more popular which is a lie and these numbers show that

Now stop behaving like a clown and stop posting on Karachi issues since your opinion doesn't matter
neither does your, only PPPP opinion matters because they have been powered by the people of interior sindh(vadera system) and bhutto zinda hey in karachi
people hate PTI so either they will not vote or vote for PPP PML MQM all of whom will ally them sleves with PPPP as they have in the past with no results

unless Karachi votes together nothing will change for now the city is divided on ethnic lines

neither does your, only PPPP opinion matters because they have been powered by the people of interior sindh(vadera system) and bhutto zinda hey in karachi
people hate PTI so either they will not vote or vote for PPP PML MQM all of whom will ally them sleves with PPPP as they have in the past with no results

unless Karachi votes together nothing will change for now the city is divided on ethnic lines

STFU man. You speak nonsense

Come back when you can talk on facts

Pls don't think I'm triggered by your message. But that's an interesting point.

However, actually:
- All economy driving cities should be wealthy by default
- There shouldn't be a single port city
- Port city's aren't supposed to be financial hub by default either
- There are countries with ports outside of cities

At least Mustafa Kamal is putting blame on MQM in his interview along with on PPP and even on PTI.
MQM has faced two massive operations against it and paid heavy price for its sins including expulsion and disgracing of the Haramkhor Altaf Hussein. MQM, as long it reasonably plays by the rules, is okay and should not be shunned. Most political parties, with the exception of Jamat e Islami, don't play by the rules. But such as it is. But if/when MQM was given resources they (and Jamat e Islami) did 'deliver' in Karachi. What has PPP been doing with literally TRILLIONS of Rupees given to it for Sindh?

We can't stay stuck in the past about various political parties. ANP was openly against Pakistan but then became part of various central govts. Various Baluch parties had been openly calling for Baluchistan's breakaway from Pakistan but the joined the ruling parties in both Baluchistan and Center. PTI wasn't clean with its political opportunism and anarchy via Dharnas... And PPP... is a party which if not given power in Sindh is ready to play The Sindh Card. Contrast to them, MQM's supporters are staunch Pakistanis; there is ZERO chances of Karachi breaking away from Pakistan. Not only the demographics are not the same as they were 2-3 decades ago but level of patriotism is very high.

I partially agree with you. But saying that MQM should now be allowed as a political party wouldn't be just. I know there is no justice served in any other matter.

While other parties have had different ideologies but MQM turned out to be working on agenda's which weren't philosophical but rather anti-Pakistan and they have blood at their hands and punishing Altaf alone wouldn't be correct. You see Altaf never came riding a bike for target killings and for all the other dirty business MQM was involved in as an organization. It was the raabta committee at the helm of affairs and we can't say someone being part of senior leadership wasn't involved in all that or at least wasn't aware and yet continued to support the party. Infact even at workers level there had to be hundreds of people if not thousand who had to actually go out and do the dirty job.

As for PPP, all rhetorics and they haven't openly claimed any such things they do indirectly refer to Bangladesh incident using Sindh card but that too after a fertile ground created on this topic by Altaf. If they had to then Benazir's assassination was the best time of action but they dint do any such thing. Secondly, ANP yes they were against the creation of Pakistan at the ideation stage but everyone had a right to have and raise their opinion at that time, however, after creation of Pakistan did they resist or was there an armed rebellion or even a rebellion against it, nope.

Lastly BLA - its a terrorist organization.

I partially agree with you. But saying that MQM should now be allowed as a political party wouldn't be just. I know there is no justice served in any other matter.

While other parties have had different ideologies but MQM turned out to be working on agenda's which weren't philosophical but rather anti-Pakistan and they have blood at their hands and punishing Altaf alone wouldn't be correct. You see Altaf never came riding a bike for target killings and for all the other dirty business MQM was involved in as an organization. It was the raabta committee at the helm of affairs and we can't say someone being part of senior leadership wasn't involved in all that or at least wasn't aware and yet continued to support the party. Infact even at workers level there had to be hundreds of people if not thousand who had to actually go out and do the dirty job.

As for PPP, all rhetorics and they haven't openly claimed any such things they do indirectly refer to Bangladesh incident using Sindh card but that too after a fertile ground created on this topic by Altaf. If they had to then Benazir's assassination was the best time of action but they dint do any such thing. Secondly, ANP yes they were against the creation of Pakistan at the ideation stage but everyone had a right to have and raise their opinion at that time, however, after creation of Pakistan did they resist or was there an armed rebellion or even a rebellion against it, nope.

Lastly BLA - its a terrorist organization.

I supported MQM from 1985 till about 1988-89 when I saw that MQM was Fascist organization. After that, I supported PPP then, briefly PMLN and now PTI. I have no rigid support for any political party. Someone might call me a Lota or whatever but wouldn't matter to me. Pakistan comes first. But, I again say that MQM should be allowed its due role in the politics of Pakistan. Already that role is greatly diminished because of PTI. If tomorrow PTI loses Urban Sindh to MQM then SO BET IT. Anyway, the people of Karachi are NEVER going to be anti-Pakistan. It will work out.

I supported MQM from 1985 till about 1988-89 when I saw that MQM was Fascist organization. After that, I supported PPP then, briefly PMLN and now PTI. I have no rigid support for any political party. Someone might call me a Lota or whatever but wouldn't matter to me. Pakistan comes first. But, I again say that MQM should be allowed its due role in the politics of Pakistan. Already that role is greatly diminished because of PTI. If tomorrow PTI loses Urban Sindh to MQM then SO BET IT. Anyway, the people of Karachi are NEVER going to be anti-Pakistan. It will work out.
Surprised you never gave JI a shot, being pro-Pakistani and all...

Surprised you never gave JI a shot, being pro-Pakistani and all...

Before MQM's rise in mid-80s, my family supported Jamaat e Islami. Most Urdu Speakers were either supporting JI or JUP (Noorani) or even PPP. But by mid 1980s, all these parties were discredited in the eyes of the Urdu Speakers. The social and political suffocation under Zia's rule gave rise to MQM and, except for a tiny foothold of PPP, the urban Sindh voted for MQM.

BTW, Jamaat e Islami is a comparatively decent political party. Corruption free, holds internal elections, non-ethnic, and generally follows the rules of political conduct better than any other significant political party in Pakistan. But ideologically, they can be too harsh. Their student wing used to beat up co-educational activities in educational institutions of Karachi and they had other extreme measures like banning partying on Clifton beach for New Year Eve etc. They were also violent in enforcing 'Islamic' rules. Some of you might think I am too harsh on JI but in my opinion extremism and suffocation destroys a country's youth. Having said that, I think the current version of JI is not as extreme as it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom