What's new

Karachi will remain hostage to PPP ruling? What is in it for us? What's our future in this province/country? TV Anchor to PSP Mustafa Kamal

Mustafa Kamal seems to know what caused these issues starting 2008--when PPP rose to power in Sindh and the Center--and he is also blaming the MQM leadership for these issues. He is also claiming that Imran Khan is powerless against Zardari's PPP to make a strong move in Sindh because, according to M. Kamal, Zardari could bring down Imran Khan govt.
We have the 18th Amendment and also the political compulsions of PTI. No need for anarchy. It will be counter-productive. The best hope would be that all non-PPP parties in Sindh join hands together in the next elections with some help from 'the Establishment' of Pakistan to topple PPP from power in Sindh. Both Zia ul Haq and Pervez Musharraf were able to do such engineering and they did it when PPP was arguably more popular in Sindh. So that's the path forward and they have barely two years to cobble together such coalition in Sindh, setting aside petty political differences.

Establishment want to keep PPP alive and allow Karachi to remain hostage to PPP. Government had any brain cell, they should have brought Governor rule in Sindh and created South Sindh secretariat to put pressure on PPP.

Presidential system (something like US where small provinces get the right to veto)
2 provinces max
Empowered local government at metro levels

Everything PTI wants to do but need 2/3rd majority
We need to create several more provinces based upon local regional culture langauage
South punjab is a good start
Mustafa Kamal seems to know what caused these issues starting 2008--when PPP rose to power in Sindh and the Center--and he is also blaming the MQM leadership for these issues. He is also claiming that Imran Khan is powerless against Zardari's PPP to make a strong move in Sindh because, according to M. Kamal, Zardari could bring down Imran Khan govt.
We have the 18th Amendment and also the political compulsions of PTI. No need for anarchy. It will be counter-productive. The best hope would be that all non-PPP parties in Sindh join hands together in the next elections with some help from 'the Establishment' of Pakistan to topple PPP from power in Sindh. Both Zia ul Haq and Pervez Musharraf were able to do such engineering and they did it when PPP was arguably more popular in Sindh. So that's the path forward and they have barely two years to cobble together such coalition in Sindh, setting aside petty political differences.
Wont happen
As PPPP is more popular in karachi
People hate PTI
So they will vote for either PPPP PMLN JUI or MQM all of whom will alley with PPPP

Establishment want to keep PPP alive and allow Karachi to remain hostage to PPP. Government had any brain cell, they should have brought Governor rule in Sindh and created South Sindh secretariat to put pressure on PPP.
The corrupt judiciary would have ruled against it and restored the PPP rule, just like it did when Zardari imposed governor rule in Punjab in 2009.

You are a clown who thinks PPP is popular in Karachi

Your opinion doesn't matter
What matters is number of seats..
PPPP won 15+ provincial seats from karachi (20%)

Doesnt matter if its popular or not

Its number game not a beauty contest

Anyone who thinks popularity matter is a clown

What matters is number of seats..
PPPP won 15 provincial seats

Doesnt matter if its popular or not

Its number game not a beauty contest

Anyone who thinks popularity matter is a clown

What matters i that out of 21 seats of Karachi only 3 are owned by PPP

PPP lost numbers game too but you are two big of a clown to accept that

What matters i that out of 21 seats of Karachi only 3 are owned by PPP

PPP lost numbers game too but you are two big of a clown to accept that
National seats dont matter in 18th amendment
We had this dicussion 30 times over last 3 years
Either you have multiple doubles and you have dementia
I am talking about provincial seats :hitwall:

Because of those PTI seats karachi is getting 1100 b rupees from bankrupted center in next 3-5 years of which atleast 60b has been spent

200b is just being spent on water supply

The feasibity study is done ..10b got wasted for not doing a feasibility study for K IV!!! And working without one..

National seats dont matter in 18th amendment
We had this dicussion 30 times over last 3 years
Either you have multiple doubles and you have dementia
I am talking about provincial seats :hitwall:

Matters or not

You said PPP would get more popular which is a lie and these numbers show that

Now stop behaving like a clown and stop posting on Karachi issues since your opinion doesn't matter

Such comments (referring to tv program) are a disappointment. This shows how successful MQM was in implanting the idea of parting away from Sindh/Pakistan as a convenient option for solving city-level issues. Surprised to see PPP being blamed alone without any mention of MQM from Karachites. They have an equal or infact a larger share of blame than PPP for the issues of the city. (I'm not a PPP supporter). And when people can let MQM go blameless despite the economic and esp human loss to the city then they should have a stomach for infrastructural issues too.

Following in line, the responsibility goes to our media and other political parties who play on this sensationalized narrative of Karachi being the treated as a second son, neglected, being revenged etc etc while being more deserving than the rest of Pakistan. From Imran Khan to Mustafa Kamal, you would occasionally find statements boasting the ego of citizens for popularity which if were said for some other region/city of Pakistan would piss-off the very same Karachites for portraying the rest of Pakistan & Pakistanis as inferior.

And lastly, the problem lies in the people of Pakistan, we always like to act creatively for the sole purpose of attention, generally over frustrated and unnecessarily big mouthed. Without daydreaming of shortcuts like a new province or a new country let's focus on the correct path which requires a bit of effort (effort which we always like to doge and find solace in venting out on the internet or social gatherings) which can be extensive non-political campaigning by general public on a single point agenda of solving city's issues demanded directly this will act as a pressure and leave ground open with an invitation to other parties for action and justify any interference in the provincial matters by other forces.

Now I might sound like a daydreamer to some but this is the only solution because no other party can come openly as it will be considered an interference in another province's administrative affairs which is the card that will be used by PPP/MQM and then you will find the very same people news media divided and reporting against it. But when there is an loud and clear demand from public then things are viewed from a different lens.

M

Logon ko baat samjh arahi hai...

A reformed MQM must be brought back. Sindhi and Pashtuns ko sahi ka danda deti thi..... MQM ki sab se bari galti was going against its own people and unnecessarily pissing off punjabis/establishment.

So you want to bring back Altaf's MQM to start an ethnic war?
cant beat PPP vote PPP ... fck mqm , psp , ji and others they are failures full stop ! give ppp a chance

Give PPP a chance? You must be joking? Don't you consider ruling for over 13yrs uninterrupted a chance?

And hey guys, yes my parents migrated from east punjab(now Haryana) and I don't call myself a mohajir. I am Sindhi by birth, urban Sindhi, Pakistani by choice and Haryanvi by DNA.
I don't like this word mohajir for me, when I actually am not.

The only solution:- A militant ethno fascist Muhajir party that solely protects muhajir interest. Just like MQM but without extortion , killing and abduction of muhajir people.

This time they should join hands with Punjabis and do a deal with them to protect their interest.

Anything else is futile.

MQM going against own people cost them a lot - many got humbled.

Hope they have learnt the lesson now.

Block the port for the week, hold the economy hostage!

I hope that day never comes !!!

cant beat PPP vote PPP ... fck mqm , psp , ji and others they are failures full stop ! give ppp a chance

This is a second opinion among Karachi circles regarding PPP only due to Murtaza Wahab.

Try to choose a leading title so that the reader may have an Idea before reading details. Let us not to become some click bait website seeking attention.

I got your point.

I put that because It was a quite a thing when anchor of national TV said that on live program.

Your entire comment is absolutely on the mark. IMO Karachi should be a separate province, or a federal territory with a mayor at the helm of affairs, chosen directly by the people of Karachi. Empower the people, and stamp out the terrorists, and ethno fascist groups of all shades. Good governance should take care of most of Karachi's problems.

Good Governance along with space to US in their own city would be a good start as all nations have their own provinces except US.

Such comments (referring to tv program) are a disappointment. This shows how successful MQM was in implanting the idea of parting away from Sindh/Pakistan as a convenient option for solving city-level issues. Surprised to see PPP being blamed alone without any mention of MQM from Karachites. They have an equal or infact a larger share of blame than PPP for the issues of the city. (I'm not a PPP supporter). And when people can let MQM go blameless despite the economic and esp human loss to the city then they should have a stomach for infrastructural issues too.

Following in line, the responsibility goes to our media and other political parties who play on this sensationalized narrative of Karachi being the treated as a second son, neglected, being revenged etc etc while being more deserving than the rest of Pakistan. From Imran Khan to Mustafa Kamal, you would occasionally find statements boasting the ego of citizens for popularity which if were said for some other region/city of Pakistan would piss-off the very same Karachites for portraying the rest of Pakistan & Pakistanis as inferior.

And lastly, the problem lies in the people of Pakistan, we always like to act creatively for the sole purpose of attention, generally over frustrated and unnecessarily big mouthed. Without daydreaming of shortcuts like a new province or a new country let's focus on the correct path which requires a bit of effort (effort which we always like to doge and find solace in venting out on the internet or social gatherings) which can be extensive non-political campaigning by general public on a single point agenda of solving city's issues demanded directly this will act as a pressure and leave ground open with an invitation to other parties for action and justify any interference in the provincial matters by other forces.

Now I might sound like a daydreamer to some but this is the only solution because no other party can come openly as it will be considered an interference in another province's administrative affairs which is the card that will be used by PPP/MQM and then you will find the very same people news media divided and reporting against it. But when there is an loud and clear demand from public then things are viewed from a different lens.

Dude, PPP is ruling for 13 years in Provincial Government.

MQM never stopped PPP from doing her job.

Karachi - is pro establishment city as of now but the way mainstream people are talking and noticing the PPP's 13 years consecutive rule, Karachi can create problems.

Karachi's issues need to be solved once and for all......

We need to create several more provinces based upon local regional culture langauage
South punjab is a good start
Wont happen
As PPPP is more popular in karachi
People hate PTI
So they will vote for either PPPP PMLN JUI or MQM all of whom will alley with PPPP

Yes, more provinces are needed.
And wrong about PPP is popular in Karachi. I know Murtaza Wahab is doing some good work but too little, too late. But if MQM and PTI fight each other for votes in Karachi then PPP could gain.
IF the non-PPP politicians of Sindh have any long term vision, they should join forces together and make the next coalition govt. Jam Sadiq was able to do so and even achieved the 1991 Water Accord between the provinces which was a big achievement.

Back
Top Bottom