What's new

Karachi: Mustafa Kamal announces protests against PPP from Jan 2

It seems to me that Sindhis overall don't like outsiders to come and rule over them, this is why they rather let ppp rule them, it is Sindhi party and the leadership belongs to Sindh, therefore they only have one choice, its ppp or others parties with bigger interests in heart than Sindh will rule over them.

PSP is a good party but they are desperately trying to please the establishment and showing their loyalty to them. The interest of their voters must be first in order for it to be successful and not those who are in Islamabad.
That's fine Sindhis can be ruled by Sindhis, however there's huge problem with that premise...

Sindhis in actuality are now a minority in Sindh, if the establishment allowed for a fair and proper census to be carried out in Sindh, urban Sindh would outnumber the rural areas by atleast 50-60%. Democratically speaking, there is just no way for Sindhis/PPP to continue ruling Sindh with impunity...

They've have been propped up by establishment's divide and conquer strategy which though has strengthened their grip on power throughout the country especially the center, but has wreaked havoc in Sindh, particularly the urban areas.

Last edited:
That's fine Sindhis can be ruled by Sindhis, however there's huge problem with that premise...

Sindhis in actuality are now a minority in Sindh, if the establishment allowed for a fair and proper census to be carried out in Sindh, urban Sindh would outnumber the rural areas by atleast 50-60%. Democratically speaking, there is just no way for Sindhis/PPP to continue ruling Sindh with impunity...

They've have propped up by establishment's divide and conquer strategy which though has strengthened their grip on power throughout the country especially the center, but has wreaked havoc in Sindh, particularly the urban areas.

Only propped up because ether threaten seperatism otherwise. What can establishment do in this situation?

Only propped up because ether threaten seperatism otherwise. What can establishment do in this situation?
They can never separate from Pakistan, it's only an empty threat and this isn't E. Pakistan...

Establishment needs to hold a fair census in Sindh, give Karachi it's due share of NA and PA seats, 40 odd and 80 odd respectively. This alone would put PPP or any other aspiring PPP's out of business forever.

Last edited:
Nobody buys into your ‘Pakistaniyat’ except for Punjabis and maybe Hindustani Muhajirs. Sindhis, Baloch and Pashtuns don’t buy into it. At the end of day we all are separate, there is nothing uniting us except a common faith which Bengalis also shared with us.

India neither uses religion or imposition of single language to unite itself. As as soon as it got independence, it’s lawmakers started working on constitution and removing grievances of native people by reogranzing the states along ethno-linguistic lines where state languages and cultures were promoted. While Pakistan still has same pre-colonial province borders, hell it was only after 60 years that name of NWFP was changed and that only due to PPP. PPP maybe right or wrong has brought big changes to Pakistan like no other political party. It’s reforms has affected everyone and it gave us the constitution, brought back federation, the 18th amendment and others are good things which removed grievances of native people.

Don't use us Pukhtoons for your BS mentality. The achievements of your beloved PPP are such that its been wiped out of of the whole country and is now just a regional party limited to interior sindh

Don't use us Pukhtoons for your BS mentality. The achievements of your beloved PPP are such that its been wiped out of of the whole country and is now just a regional party limited to interior sindh
Not too long ago Pukhtoons were considered the bullwark of the establishment despite the initial influences of the surkh inqilab/ANP/Bacha Khan/Pukhtoonistan followers, but they were co-opted by conservative, patriotic, religiously oriented Pukhtoons who outnumbered the former.

Pukhtoons were at the forefront of the Kashmir liberation and formed the backbone of the military along with Punjabis. Pukhtoon have large population centers in all provinces particularly in Balochistan and Sindh besides the obvious KPK. Karachi is the biggest Pukhtoon city in the world.

There was a bit of falling out with the establishment during the war of terror but amends have been made. And still Pukhtoons are patriotic and you won't hear any separation talk out of over whelming majority of the Pukhtoon mainstream population.

Pukhtoons biggest contribution and relevance to Pakistani nation at large is their inane nature to be free, which has been best manifested in their electoral behavior, something other ethnicities in Pakistan can learn a lot from.

Brother , I can speak/write/listen/understand sindhi language to native level. I taught Altaf was a chtuiya and MQM was not required in my ignorant days.

The more I read Sindhi sources and the more I understand them ,
the more I read muhajir history and the their subjugation ,

The more I have realized that Pakistan was a very bad , net negative deal for us. Now I can make a case for it in a long post when I get the time but the point I trying to make us that Muhajir youth should thoroughly read history and educate themselves. Learn to understand sindhi so you can understand what and how your enemy thinks. You can't reverse History so prepare for future.

Right now , we are in state of losing a battle but the war is still on. Don't rely on Punjabis and Pashtuns to solve your problem. Muhajirs need to be cunning and start forming alliance with the largest majority in this country and leverage that for our interest.

Pehle yeh mulk bana diya dosron ke liye , Apne log marwa diya kesi our ke faida ke liye our khod ko minority mein tabdeel kardiya dono India and Pakistan mein
Phir andhon our ghadon ki taran qurbaniyan dete rahe wars mein (especially 1971) for the greater good of the country our phir second genocide bardasht kiya
Iske baad tomere logon ko beyar o madadgar chordiya (Biharis aka loyal Pakistani of 1971)
Afghans par tomein Foqiyat nahi di kiyonke you don't have son of soil group to advocate your rights
Iske baad thori bohat ezat thi , woh quota system and 18th amendment ne poori kardia
1980s,90s ,2007 mein kaatle aam and rapes ke bare mein tou baat hi nahi ki

Ab bhi ankhein nahi khologe tou agle decades mein slave bane ke liye tayar hojao.

Do your part and support your own brethren and for once start being selfish ... Punjabiyon ke liye Punjab hai , Balochon ke liye Balochistan , Pashtuns ke liye KPK .........
Start demanding Matruka sindh ....

Check his last name... gives away everything.
Pakistan was necessary, as you will see many Pakistans will come out of India soon. Even bodh people are scared in India. No one will subjugate to sanatan dharam. Just 1 to 2 years more. I have a close eye on India, and I can assure you there will be no India in coming few years.
The main problem of Pakistan is, the govt of Pti is not acting on the matters which requires immediate attention. People do recognise that PPP kept Karachi hostage, so that it may blackmail center and keep engulfing the budget. PPP is anyway a recognised cancer, and everyone knows it. Weakening Pakistan will give India a chance, and that we must prevent at all costs. So better reunite the political forces, and ask people to act now. At least we should know who is our enemy and who should we not give any type of employement. Karachi main ager koi mithai ki dukan bhi kholta Hai tu sari workforce multan se Lata Hai. That's what is happening with us. We better act on our own. We can do it, trust me. MQM na sahi.

@pakpride00090 or aik request. Har waqt is kisam ki batain achi nahi lag teen forum pe. Is forum pe Boht piary knowledgeable log bhi hain, unsy normal bat kerna bhi Acha lagta Hai. Baqi Jo bat aap nain likhi hain unper Amal kernay k liay yeh forum mozo nahi. Better awake family and friends.

Pakistan was necessary, as you will see many Pakistans will come out of India soon. Even bodh people are scared in India. No one will subjugate to sanatan dharam. Just 1 to 2 years more. I have a close eye on India, and I can assure you there will be no India in coming few years.
The main problem of Pakistan is, the govt of Pti is not acting on the matters which requires immediate attention. People do recognise that PPP kept Karachi hostage, so that it may blackmail center and keep engulfing the budget. PPP is anyway a recognised cancer, and everyone knows it. Weakening Pakistan will give India a chance, and that we must prevent at all costs. So better reunite the political forces, and ask people to act now. At least we should know who is our enemy and who should we not give any type of employement. Karachi main ager koi mithai ki dukan bhi kholta Hai tu sari workforce multan se Lata Hai. That's what is happening with us. We better act on our own. We can do it, trust me. MQM na sahi.

I agree with the central idea but there are few points that I feel will always be contentious between us. Khair. I'll delete the main post since its not relevant.

PPP ka band baja bund ho jaiga if Karachi is shutdown with agitation like the Indian farmers demonstrations. The entire province (and a significant part of the country) runs on the revenue from Karachi. With apologies, Karachi is the backwater metropolis of South Asia thanks to PPP policies. They have failed Karachi miserably and even the interior is suffering.

Every time I get out to Karachi, it looks worse. I have seen that city up close since the late 70s when I moved there from Quetta. It is now a dirty, disorganized dump that has not had any attention paid to it for the last 10 years (all PPP years). At least in Musharraf's times, things were looking up. Not so the case now. There is relative peace but no peace dividends in the form of development and uplift. One would be blind to suggest otherwise (perhaps those sitting in CM's office or in Larkana would disagree with me).
Those guys are 'visiting' or 'studying' in the UK or UAE.

nothing gonna happen untill all these parties join hands with pti and then do protest then karachi voice will be heard in Islamabad too

Urdu speakers/muhajirs who migrated to other parts of Pakistan, particularly Punjab/Lahore fared well, they assimilated with the locals and have no issues living in those parts of Pakistan...e.g. Inzimam is urdu speaking but no one can tell.

They only problem has been in Sindh and it's not a function of not wanting to assimilate, rather the dynamics in Sindh. Karachi was never a dominant Sindhi city and urdu speakers gravitated towards it for palpable reasons, being the capital, opportunities and not dominated by any one ethnic group. Secondly, Sindhi language and culture was alien to urdu speaking migrants whereas Punjabi language and culture has proximity and commonality to northern Indian culture and languages and urdu enjoying a special place in Punjabi intellectual circles, made the assimilation easier in Punjab.

It was all working fine, until the establishment decided to move the capital and institute the quota system with it's architect being Bhutto, therein started the demise of urdu speakers in Pakistan.

It's 18th amendentment which has given PPP a backdoor to rule Sindh. Needs to be abolished. I don't think there will be accountability in this province until this is done.

Back
Top Bottom