What's new

Kalma Chowk project will only benefit 'automobile elite'

Dance

Reaction score
Advocate Rafay Alam, speaking on The Morning Show on Express24/7, said huge investments being undertaken for the Kalma Chowk project in Lahore will only benefit the ‘automobile elite’.

Alam is advocating the Lahore Conservation Society’s appeal against the construction of a flyover at the Kalma Chowk.

“This project is being created at the spot where two major stations of the rapid mass transit project were to be made,” he said. “Mass transit project is a subway system which should be a part of the solution to Lahore’s transport system.”

Commenting on the alternative to the project, Alam said that instead of two bridges, a single beam having six lanes should be constructed which would be less costly and would consume less land.

He stressed on the importance of public transport and said it would benefit the majority rather than only the rich who can afford cars. He also said that the car prices and parking prices should be increased in order to promote public transportation.

Kalma Chowk project will only benefit ‘automobile elite’ – The Express Tribune

I agree ... there could be another solution to Kalma chowk ' choke ... I m for making cycle/public transport routes in Lahore , like they hav in London ... otherwise number of cars /rickshaws etc is unsustainable for both city and country .
only traffic allowed on a cycle /public transport route is cycles, bikes , public transport buses and emergency vehicles (ambulances, police and fire brigade etc.) ... we hav to try this as soon as possible in Lahore.

well i don't know if it is feasible or not but surely something needs to be for Kalima Chowk. I used to get stuck in traffic for hours whenever i was travelling on Ferozpur road towards Kalima chowk.

what about multan road, Khad-e-Alllllllllllllllaaa sahib wahan bhi ja ker dekh ayen kia ho raha hai...:P

It is a good project.Hopefully it will free up the traffic on road and there wont be any road blocks anymore.

Well I disagree with Lahore Conservation movement especially if they are the one behind cases against widening Canal Road. Man-planted trees are not something which should be conserved upto the extent that people start suffering because of them. Reason i am saying this is because if we cut one such tree we can plant 10 more. If anyone of you have seen Canal Traffic and even Kalma Chowk traffic, i am sure you will not disagree that this is a great project and these kinds of projects should be made in future too.

Well helloooo there's been 10-feet space left open between flyovers just in case LMT comes into action.

Well I disagree with Lahore Conservation movement especially if they are the one behind cases against widening Canal Road. Man-planted trees are not something which should be conserved upto the extent that people start suffering because of them. Reason i am saying this is because if we cut one such tree we can plant 10 more. If anyone of you have seen Canal Traffic and even Kalma Chowk traffic, i am sure you will not disagree that this is a great project and these kinds of projects should be made in future too.
agreed:agree:

There is always pseudo conservatives in every countries.. bcos of useless politicians and media they get boost..
There are always way to keep balance between nature and infra development if we use human body part called mind

Kalima Flyover, subhanallah. we have one Allah Wali Chowrangi in Kiranchi - even the name of bridges and roundabouts of the glittering cities of khodad e Pakistan are very Islamic that evince the firmness of our faith in the true religion. One difference I have observed are the national flags waving on this Kalima Flyover, whereas in Kiranchi hundreds of flags of MQM are hoisted on newly inaugurated flyovers, roads and gutters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom