What's new

Kalma Chowk project will only benefit 'automobile elite'

look i have never been to lahore so don't know much. but staying in karachi i know one thing new infrastructural development is necessary for large cities in the long run!

Advocate Rafay Alam, speaking on The Morning Show on Express24/7, said huge investments being undertaken for the Kalma Chowk project in Lahore will only benefit the ‘automobile elite’.

Alam is advocating the Lahore Conservation Society’s appeal against the construction of a flyover at the Kalma Chowk.

“This project is being created at the spot where two major stations of the rapid mass transit project were to be made,” he said. “Mass transit project is a subway system which should be a part of the solution to Lahore’s transport system.”

Commenting on the alternative to the project, Alam said that instead of two bridges, a single beam having six lanes should be constructed which would be less costly and would consume less land.

He stressed on the importance of public transport and said it would benefit the majority rather than only the rich who can afford cars. He also said that the car prices and parking prices should be increased in order to promote public transportation.

Kalma Chowk project will only benefit ‘automobile elite’ – The Express Tribune

How is the construction of six lane, single beam, going to save space and be less costly??,,,compared to a two bridge, 3 lane each concept???,,,,,of course a flyover is going to benefit the automobile class. You don't expect flyovers to be made for the donkey carts and tongas!!!, It was a good project and well done to shahbaz sharif on this, although it was completed very quickly, concerns are that it might be a bit fragile.

KALMA CHOWK flyover is so that Nawaz & Shabaz Sahrif do not get stuck in the traffic that normally used to be at the Chowk while driving from the Motorway to their Model Town House. This is also to bring up the otherwise falling property value of the Model Town Area due to the high rush of vehicles on the road.

Mainly built for PML (Nawaz) self-comfort then for public convenience.

KALMA CHOWK flyover is so that Nawaz & Shabaz Sahrif do not get stuck in the traffic that normally used to be at the Chowk while driving from the Motorway to their Model Town House. This is also to bring up the otherwise falling property value of the Model Town Area due to the high rush of vehicles on the road.

common pakistani thinking.. dude give the devil its due!!!

I faced many trafic jams at kalma chowk , it took so much time to cross from kalma chowk , I really appreciate the completion of this fly over in a record three months time . the infrastructural development is very good sign for acountry and i appreciate the projects of shahbaz sharif . VERY WELL DONE , I travelled last night on this flyover , its lights , plantation and make was wonderfull . I LOVED IT.

those who love trees more than humans go and start living in jungle. you guys really need doctor :mod:

chief minister Punjab believes that he is the king of punjab
corrupt and angry old man

I'm amazed you have said this thing, I don't like shahbaz sharif but give credit where it is due, He has done some good work especially ring road lahore, outside the Allama iqbal airport. All roads leading to airport has widened and beautifully constructed.

And about kalma chowk project, i agree, that, a fly over was needed because of too much trafic flow, coming from Ferozpur road (Model town wali side say) to Kalma chowk, Gulberg wali road to Kalma Chowk.

Well I disagree with Lahore Conservation movement especially if they are the one behind cases against widening Canal Road. Man-planted trees are not something which should be conserved upto the extent that people start suffering because of them. Reason i am saying this is because if we cut one such tree we can plant 10 more. If anyone of you have seen Canal Traffic and even Kalma Chowk traffic, i am sure you will not disagree that this is a great project and these kinds of projects should be made in future too.

there is No suffering because of trees... I have travelled my whole life on canal daily, at different times. there is actually no problem of traffic there, the flow is just absolutely fine, oh yeah compared to posh areas, you have to drive your expensive car at 50 kmh, and that hurts...

EATING up GREEN BELT IS NO SOLUTION...

if anyone is not happy the way Lahore is, get your ***** out of here, back in your mud village... freaking outsiders !

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

chief minister Punjab believes that he is the king of punjab
corrupt and angry old man

he is like his brother, enough said ! anyways, he is spending all the money of PUNJAB in LAHORE... which is unfair.

Yes, and moreover, they want to destroy Canal road just to have a smooth wide run to CM house from his newly wed wife in model town, as if yeh CM house iskay baap ka hai... baki punjab is ganjay ko nazar nahi ata...

I faced many trafic jams at kalma chowk , it took so much time to cross from kalma chowk , I really appreciate the completion of this fly over in a record three months time . the infrastructural development is very good sign for acountry and i appreciate the projects of shahbaz sharif . VERY WELL DONE , I travelled last night on this flyover , its lights , plantation and make was wonderfull . I LOVED IT.

you Dont face Traffic Jams at signals, nor being held on a signal twice is traffic jam...

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

those who love trees more than humans go and start living in jungle. you guys really need doctor :mod:

good good, you keep on supporting development in Lahore, while living in a dusty town of multan... I have no issue what so ever...

Back
Top Bottom