What's new

Jordanian F-16 "Shot Down" by ISIS

B5nPIS5CUAATGBh.jpg

That light weapon will not get the pilot that far. Only makes the animals more angry. In the pictures, there are so many of these animals surrounding the pilot. And the pilot looks petite compared to these filthy animals. He was no match even if had a heavy machine gun. You could see the most extreme form of human fear in the eyes of the pilot while the animals were pushing him around in the pictures. I think he should not have ejected. He should have instead gone down with his one-engined bird.

BBC reporting it. It is reliable enough. Pictures of the pilot are on the internet.
At least he could defend himself till his last leg.He could have shown more bravery toward those pigs.

Anyway, its impossible but I hope he will escape.

Yeah,because carrying a 9mm while you get assaulted by 50-100 AK wielding loonatics would any good.

Still I believe dying in a gun battle, a hero's death against a bunch of cockroaches is way better than them torturing and ending their play with a beheading for his family and friends to see. I hope some miracle saves the poor soul.

At least he could defend himself till his last leg.He could have shown more bravery toward those pigs.

Anyway, its impossible but I hope he will escape.

Theoretically, you are right. But after going through a high-g ejection procedure. Falling out of sky, on enemy turf, tired, and with just a light hand gun, there is not much hope to battle crazy zombies. The only function that hand gun can have then is to take one bullet to the head before the zombies approach. They are really zombies.

Still I believe dying in a gun battle, a hero's death against a bunch of cockroaches is way better than them torturing and ending their play with a beheading for his family and friends to see. I hope some miracle saves the poor soul.

Whenever a pilot goes on a mission they are briefed to a location where they should go to for a Search and Rescue mission. They are not instructed to go down in a haze of glory for our amusement, they are discouraged from doing so. And even if they are captured they are instructed to wait for rescue and not commit suicide no matter what.

Whenever a pilot goes on a mission they are briefed to a location where they should go to for a Search and Rescue mission. They are not instructed to go down in a haze of glory for our amusement, they are discouraged from doing so. And even if they are captured they are instructed to wait for rescue and not commit suicide no matter what.

Where did you get "our amusement" part? Whoever said that?

You really expect any rescue operation from Jordan when US wasn't able to rescue their media people ending up in beheading?

I think there is a fine line b/w reality and movie scripts. Instructions will always remain the same but its up to the person to decide when its time to go with the better option while keeping in mind the volatile situation.

No one should ever commit suicide and getting captured by them would probably make the prisoner think suicide was a better option.

Where did you get "our amusement" part? Whoever said that?

You really expect any rescue operation from Jordan when US wasn't able to rescue their media people ending up in beheading?

I think there is a fine line b/w reality and movie scripts. Instructions will always remain the same but its up to the person to decide when its time to go with the better option while keeping in mind the volatile situation.

No one should ever commit suicide and getting captured by them would probably make the prisoner think suicide was a better option.

Jordan has a better intelligence network in the ground in Syria than the US. He must have had the names of a few handlers, and a few plans in case he is captured. We'll see the result of the SAR operation.

Why he ejected when he knew what is going to happen to him jordan air force should court martal this pilot this will set example for other pilots so they will think twice before becoming embaressment for their country.

Jordan has a better intelligence network in the ground in Syria than the US. He must have had the names of a few handlers, and a few plans in case he is captured. We'll see the result of the SAR operation.

There is a huge "If" and risk in every aspect of rescue/ intelligence ops.

But hopefully you are right and he does get rescued, I'll have a tremendous increase in respect for Jordan.

Since Jordan played a big role in training and equipping ISIS, there is perhaps some hope that ISIS might let him go home. That is if the zombies still remember their Jordanian nursery, where they had been incubated and let loose on Syria and Iraq. That is a big if though. Zombies usually have a very short memory.

This is very bad. He looks too young to be a pilot though.
Apparently he was shot down by a shoulder fired FN-6 missile. He was flying too low. Now they are going to use this pilot as a scare tactic for coalition air force pilots most likely. Sad news.

If it was FN 6 then certainly either KSA provided it or Pakistan through KSA.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom