What's new

Jinnah made a mistake and I am ashamed of being Pakistani!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an Indian, I am glad Jinnah created Pakistan otherwise his entire incompetent Muslim League was going to bring disaster for India. @LURKER what do you think.
I agree. Thank the Gods they left.
Else they and their 'misguided brothers' and their assorted alphabetical soups would be bothering us.

I've thought about that, too. Maybe that would have been the best course.

And what you think should have happened to Germany carries no weight just like what you think of Pakistan doesn't as you are a citizen of neither. @MarkusS should answer this.

I doubt that would have helped. But for Pakistan, Pakistan can indeed invite back the British, if it so wishes. The Queen could once again appoint a governor-general to exercise, as in Canada, the royal prerogative of calling bureaucrats to account. I can't see how that wouldn't help - if the Brits picked a lawyer and human rights activist rather than another Jinnah - but I'm not sure it would suffice, either.

No we don't wish so just like the newly created nation of US won't have in it's formative years.

The French DID go back to the decadent monarchy! And 150 years before that, the Brits reverted from a republic to constitutional monarchy and just about everyone was happier for it!

Temporary reversal is not what I was pointing to, the end result is we known and for all to see.

You're taking "great" as axiomatic, whereas the author severely calls that label into question.

The author is not the final authority on who is and who is not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom