What's new

JF17 V LCA Picture Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One_JF-17_in_front_of_two_parked_Mirage_5_cropped_version.jpg

Right now JF-17 is a clear winner. It is used by PAF as a operational fighter. Untill Tejas acheive a same status, comparisons are useless.

It’s a SLAF Decision, Currently SLAF F-7 jets also Modified with western defense products in PAC.
But from what the Jane's tells, weren't you a special customer of Russian fighters earlier? They are cheap as well as combat proven. I don't intend to criticize the Sino-Pakistani design or the Indian one, but both are relatively new and unfamiliar platforms as compared to the MiG-35 or the Su-35BMs.

I take it that you need something medium as you have no threats or enemies. So how about considering the MiG-35 instead since it is bound that Indians will choose something that is from one of our countries in Europe?

JF-17 Dropping Bombs - Video recorded from another JF-17's cockpit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about bad quality of pictures - it is taken from youtube vid.
2vi37ud.png

aypzn.png3

2cxt5xs.png

345j1wz.png

24fbwqf.png

2qdvl2h.png

well for me JF 17 is nothing till paf get it on time

Did you tell the Tejas's Pilot to take the queekest posible turn as it was being recorded for comparison with others??? A clip from a air show proves nothing....

I didnt either asked F-16 and JF-17 pilots to do so, which completed 360 turn in 18 and 20 seconds respectively! :rofl:

The tejas was not engaged in a dog fight in the video and was merely performing for the spectators who had come to watch the show.Moreover the tejas is slated to have more powerfull GE engines later on.It is true that the other aircrafts covered 360 degress in a shorter time but one must also understand that the radius of the path taken by tejas was mush more than the other crafts.

Do you mean F-16 and JF-17 were engaged in dog fight, which completed its 360 degree turn in 18 and 20 seconds respectively?

When performing in air show, the pilot uses all powers of plane to make 360 turn in lowest time of its capability!

Hasnain

Your comments re Dog fights simply sums up the PAF doctrine.

The rest of the world has moved to BVR and stand off engagements INCLUDING THE INDIANS. I

infact in NATO they don,t even train for dog fights.

MOVE on its all about first detection and BVR no body will be dog fighting.

Hasnain

Your comments re Dog fights simply sums up the PAF doctrine.

The rest of the world has moved to BVR and stand off engagements INCLUDING THE INDIANS. I

infact in NATO they don,t even train for dog fights.

MOVE on its all about first detection and BVR no body will be dog fighting.

Well if they don't train for dog fights then why are they having WVR missiles being developed more and more deadlier and their aircraft still equipped with latest WVR missiles.

The reason is, BVR is not the end game, with advanced counter measures being introduced, BVRs may become ineffective once employed, thus the game can go well to the old days of dog fights.

And the success rate of BVRs in real combat scenario under intense EW environment is still to be seen and tested.

And its very strange to be hearing that Air Forces around the world have stopped training for dog fights, few names with sources would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom