What's new

JF-17II (concept)

At the moment you should ask... Is it worth to put a ferrari engine is a Subaru impreza?

You can surely add 5 million radar in a plane that cost around 15 million. But it can be used much efficient if you do it in J10 like aircraft. Besides that there are some minor advantages with Aesa. If you search around the net then you might see that not everything told is true. It cannot burn other radars. Neither can it look further or a lot better it does have less parts, less maintenance and so more reliable. On the other hand, you need a lot more hardware (weight) and software... So your complexity shifts...

+Munir.
Is it your assesment that the thunder will be better off at least in the first tranche with RC400 radar. Perhaps in the second tranche where the Aircraft might acquire a bit more "beef and power", there may be a good time to look at the issue again.I suspect this is the way things are going with PAF.
Araz

At the moment you should ask... Is it worth to put a ferrari engine is a Subaru impreza?

Subaru got their own engines, then why they bother to put Ferrari engines in their car ? :rofl:

Why not Carbon Fibre???

Carbon Fibre is 3 times lighter than steel and more than 2 times stronger.

carbon Fibre can be used in areas like Tail, Cockpit and outer layer of Aircraft to reduce the weight of aircraft significantly.

U talking about AESA radar, Is there any option available?? and can JF-17 house and Big AESA radar??

Composite materials include carbon fibre as well along with other light wieght materials, reinforced plastic and things like that. So composite materials in general term is what i meant.

I am personally not aware of any possible option availabe to the PAF. At the most it would be a chinese option. About housing a big radar well it will be clear with the next batch, obviously its in the minds of the PAF top brass to induct an AESA radar into the JF-17, so most probally there will be some structural change before inducting a new AESA radar. Also note that though many say that KLJ-7 is the radar for the first batch of the JF, yet nothing is finalized for the same.

Wow, this looks quite western. If you notice the front end of the plane kinda looks like F-16, the wing shape and the rear rudders look like an F-18, and funny thing the engine looks like its from a JSF-35. Dont you guys think so. Good job Pak/china.:china::pakistan:

Composite materials include carbon fibre as well along with other light wieght materials, reinforced plastic and things like that. So composite materials in general term is what i meant.

I am personally not aware of any possible option availabe to the PAF. At the most it would be a chinese option. About housing a big radar well it will be clear with the next batch, obviously its in the minds of the PAF top brass to induct an AESA radar into the JF-17, so most probally there will be some structural change before inducting a new AESA radar. Also note that though many say that KLJ-7 is the radar for the first batch of the JF, yet nothing is finalized for the same.

Oe can add F16 an aesa without structural changes... I di not think that JF17 needs structural changes to ge the aesa.

Oe can add F16 an aesa without structural changes... I di not think that JF17 needs structural changes to ge the aesa.

I agree, nonetheless there are areas which can and will be improved on for overall performance and to reduce visibility on enemy radars. The aircraft must be a complete package in order to utilize such powerful radar to its maximum potential. JF-17 already has glass cockpit and HUD in tranche 1, there are a substantial list of improvements which will see reality around 2012-2013 when the improved batch will be manufactured (which will include AESA for the last 100 aircraft and stealth characteristics borrowed from FC20). The IAF is supposed to start inducting LCA with AESA and improved airframe around 2015 (although nowhere near as many JF17). As for the pictures on page 1, fanboy art was mentioned previously so I will go with that assumption.

We need to see if and with what the LCA will be inducted. Since some posters are telling that Bison is the most dangerous Indian weapon we should keep any info from that nation as unreliable.

LCA had Kaveri then it had US engine and now they are even beyond that. Do remind that one needs a radar but putting an aesa in lightest aircraft is a serious mistake if you have to think about costs.

PAF inducts six more JF-17 Thunder fighter jets
March 15th, 2008 - 1:59 pm ICT by admin -

Islamabad, Mar 15 (ANI): Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has inducted six new JF- 17 Thunder aircraft, an advanced multi-role light combat aircraft.

According to the Daily Times, this is the second time JF-17 aircraft have been inducted into the Pakistan Air Force since last year.

The JF-17 Thunder is jointly developed by China and Pakistan, the result of a key strategic collaboration project between the two countries in the military field.

The aircraft is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and is regarded as one of the most capable multi-role aircraft in the world.

The Pakistan Government is also trying to acquire the latest related missile technology from France.

The PAF said four of the six jets would be on display at the National Day flypast on March 23.

The first flight of JF-17 took place in August 2003, while the third was flight-tested in April 2004.

In May 2006, the fourth prototype, with fully integrated configuration, made its successful flight in Chengdu, China, while the sixth prototype took to the air in September 2006. (ANI)

PAF inducts six more JF-17 Thunder fighter jets

How many JF-17 do we have?

ok just a stupid question i am asking it again....Why did Pakistan Air Force while investing huge amount of money into such a large scale project not considered an aircraft with equal the size of F-16? I need a detailed answer cuz i didn't find any good answer on this forum...where we have spent 550 million dollars we could have spent 650 million dollars instead a 100 million more investment.

ok just a stupid question i am asking it again....Why did Pakistan Air Force while investing huge amount of money into such a large scale project not considered an aircraft with equal the size of F-16? I need a detailed answer cuz i didn't find any good answer on this forum...where we have spent 550 million dollars we could have spent 650 million dollars instead a 100 million more investment.

Remember ,we were the servants of the British for two hundred years, it has limited our horizon, we are afraid of imagining something big or noble. We see ourselves as inferior people and we behave accordingly and we describe it as prudence or pragmatism.

Remember ,we were the servants of the British for two hundred years, it has limited our horizon, we are afraid of imagining something big or noble. We see ourselves as inferior people and we behave accordingly and we describe it as prudence or pragmatism.

Nobody was born as inferior, the Chinese has been humiliated for over a century with invasions, wars, civil wars, opium, foreign occupation et al. Look at their progress within a short span after opening up.
If there is a will by the people, you will eventually accomplish what you wanted to achieve. You just need self belief and confidence.

Nobody was born as inferior, the Chinese has been humiliated for over a century with invasions, wars, civil wars, opium, foreign occupation et al. Look at their progress within a short span after opening up.
If there is a will by the people, you will eventually accomplish what you wanted to achieve. You just need self belief and confidence.

Inferiority is a state of mind not a state of existence. If you believe you are inferior, you'll always be inferior.

I have seen this inferiority complex in many people, especially regarding racial or cultural issues. I have seen many South Asians, including some friends of mine, being mesmerized by white people. One of them even called me 'very cool' coz i could talk to white girls like i could talk to any other human beings! when i asked him why he didn't go talk to them, he replied that he felt white chics wouldnt talk to indian guys!

and this guy is not the only one. sometimes entire societies believe others are better than them. only when they realize their own strengths, and that they can achieve anything if they set their mind to it, will they progress as a society

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom