What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

tbh, i dont think the jf-17 should be turned into anything.

What i think is the way forward is focusing on one thing, we dont have enough money to diversify, what we need to do is identify an area and work on that, i.e missile tech. We could focus our institutions on development of very high performance missiles, research leading tech like the others and become truly good at it, as opposed to having many mediocre things. I fear we are falling behind quickly, especially seeing the performance of ad against Ukrainian missiles and vice versa

tbh, i dont think the jf-17 should be turned into anything.

What i think is the way forward is focusing on one thing, we dont have enough money to diversify, what we need to do is identify an area and work on that, i.e missile tech. We could focus our institutions on development of very high performance missiles, research leading tech like the others and become truly good at it, as opposed to having many mediocre things. I fear we are falling behind quickly, especially seeing the performance of ad against Ukrainian missiles and vice versa
I disagree, the PAF needs a dedicated EW platform to operate with each of its fighter squadrons. The PAF doesn’t have enough DA-20 Falcon EW aircraft to cover the entire fleet, and can’t give each squadron a HAVASOJ.

Dominating the electromagnetic spectrum (or at least being able to contest it) is a key battlefield, and not having enough platforms in that regard surrenders the domain to anyone able to operate in it. The JF-17B is the smallest platform to be able to operate along side the rest of the fleet.

As far as investing is concerned, if we put the best minds towards building up cutting edge capabilities in dominating key electromagnetic domains such as EW, Cyber warfare, and Comms, we can maximize the use of our limited resources. It’s having unique EW capabilities that can be paired with “off-shelf” systems and platforms that can give us a cutting edge. We could acquire those missiles in a ToT deal, and build a local version and develop it further.

But not having a dedicated EW platform for each and every squadron leaves them vulnerable to enemy air defense and fighter aircraft, long before any better missiles we develop can be used, as well as disrupted comms. No comms no coordination.

Last edited:
1695564901554.png

JF-17A and JF-17B from No 26 "Black Spiders" Squadron conducting Air to Air Refueling with IL-78 over the Arabian Sea.

IL-78 is considered a force multiplier as it enables the fighter to fly at longer distances, thus increasing their strike range almost twice!
1695837572585.png

Back
Top Bottom