What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Yes it does look cool, but now that I think of it, and people have said it before this aircraft will not have big changes. If the current tail works well then why change it.
But still I wonder why PAF has decided to go with 2 different types of tail configurations instead of sticking to one found in earlier Block I and II aircrafts. Or just upgrading the Block III tail found on JF17B

What are you talking about? the only difference is the new placement of the updated MAWS sensor

I am talking about the tail and how the single seater version tail is different then the 2 seater version tail. I like the 2 seater tail much better and do not understand why it was not adopted as the block 3 tail. However like others have mentioned before there will be no major differences in Block 3. I was just hoping the block 3 JF17 would get the more swept back tail.

So basically what I wanted to see for JF17 Block III tail was this:
upload_2019-12-29_13-29-40.png

But PAF still kept the original tail that is this:
upload_2019-12-29_13-33-33.png

Maybe we will find out why they decided to keep the original tail instead of adopting the "B" version tail.

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-29_13-33-12.png
    upload_2019-12-29_13-33-12.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 44
I am talking about the tail and how the single seater version tail is different then the 2 seater version tail. I like the 2 seater tail much better and do not understand why it was not adopted as the block 3 tail. However like others have mentioned before there will be no major differences in Block 3. I was just hoping the block 3 JF17 would get the more swept back tail.

Maybe we will find out why they decided to keep the original tail instead of adopting the "B" version tail.

Simply since the new tail - regardless how fancy you might find it - was only introduced to compensate for other structural and as such aerodynamic changes made for the trainer. As such the Block 3 single seater would in no way benefit from using the trainer's tail since it is structurally simply still a single seater.

Simply since the new tail - regardless how fancy you might find it - was only introduced to compensate for other structural and as such aerodynamic changes made for the trainer. As such the Block 3 single seater would in no way benefit from using the trainer's tail since it is structurally simply still a single seater.
Yes you are absolute right. Aside from that Im really looking forward to reading more information about the new avionics upgrades it has received. I have to say the most impressive thing that stands out to me so far is that BEAUTIFUL new HUD. Completely WOWed by it

Last edited:
Can the MAWs, noticed in the recent pic of a Block III (behind the air intakes and the verticle fin), be retrofitted to the earlies Blocks?

and do we know who flew this Block III, one of our boys or the CATIC big shot?

HGU-55 is the helmet, obviously its our boy.

View attachment 596595

View attachment 596597

windtunnel tests... if there was no advantage why change and cause problems for rest of the airframe. This is good approach ... kaizen to its very core.

Yes you are absolute right. Aside from that Im really looking forward to reading more information about the new avionics upgrades it has received. I have to say the most impressive thing that stands out to me so far is that BEAUTIFUL new HUD. Completely WOWed by it

Hi,

You really are illiterate about the subject---.

Hi,

Thats why I ask questions, and want to learn from others experience. So if you (meaning others on the form) know more then me share your knowledge. I never said I knew much in the first place. Also I just complemented the HUD and how an amazing piece of tech has been incorporated into the fighter that will assist the pilot. How is this illiterate.

The "tail" and how amazing the "B" variant tail looks and how I would have loved to see it on the JF17 Block III is just wishful thinking on my end. I did not state any facts that would make me an illiterate.

But if you feel I am illiterate then please state some facts about what I said that was illiterate. Dont just call me illiterate, explain yar.

Thats why I ask questions, and want to learn from others experience. So if you (meaning others on the form) know more then me share your knowledge. I never said I knew much in the first place. Also I just complemented the HUD and how an amazing piece of tech has been incorporated into the fighter that will assist the pilot. How is this illiterate.

The "tail" and how amazing the "B" variant tail looks and how I would have loved to see it on the JF17 Block III is just wishful thinking on my end. I did not state any facts that would make me an illiterate.

But if you feel I am illiterate then please state some facts about what I said that was illiterate. Dont just call me illiterate, explain yar.

Yar,

Ok---it is all about the flow of air over the surface of the aircraft---.

You have a known product---a known design---the blk1---its tail has a certain design---. The function of the tail is to provide stability to the aircraft---.

So the design of the tail of the BLK1/2/3 has been ascertained before mass production---. The design has been put thru the wind tunnel and the best position of the tail was what we see on these three blks is for the job it is best designed to perform.

But in the BLK B---we have thrown an in swing or an out swing---whatever you prefer---. We have changed the shape of the top of the aircraft---and how did we do that---we have extended the canopy farther back to accommodate for another seat---and we have thickened the spine of the aircraft---possibly added more weight in the front ( which would have changed the center of gravity of the aircraft )---and the hump on the back of the aircraft---.

What that change has done is to change the pattern of air flowing over the skin of the aircraft---. So---the wind tunnel testing showed that a canted tail would be providing the best solution for the stability of the aircraft for the purpose it would be used for---.

Remember the term " the purpose it would be used for )---. Remember pakistani snow leopard---seen any videos on it---very large and massive tail---why---to give it control over sudden direction changes going over the cliffs and steep slopes..

The chinese had learnt it the hard way---. They put a rotating dish on an aircraft and made an awacs out of it---. The aircraft crashed on its first flight---. Th radar dish had changed the air flow coming towards the tail rudder---it made the aircraft unstable and thus it crashed---.

The chinese forgot or did not calculate the effects of the change of air flow---.

Now the same type of aircraft has a massive tail rudder to compensate for the radar dish on the back of the aircraft---.

Put your age in your info---so that we know who we are talking to son---:enjoy:.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am sure it will be really difficult for you to limit yourself with these words ....... This forum is full of people who have no technical knowledge (including myself) ....... You are great person with great knowledge ........ Except few, all of people here need it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom