What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17 Thunder (NAF-720) Nigerian Air force

1614609439172.png

if there are no extra hardpoints I think jf17 with AESA will be handicapped.
how is that? please explain why
it has 7 hard points yes? which gives a big mix of weapons, fuel and avionics pods for A2A ad A2G roles BVR and short range missiles, guided bombs etc.
why you want the plane to carry extra weight when it might not get the chance to use any or all of its ordinance?
I would rather want its current weight the same with same external weight but more powerful engine to give it more thrust to weight , more agility and movement.

Internal fuel carrying capacity is 4,910lb or equivalent to 2,227.14 litters of fuel.

Total fuel carrying capacity is 1o,ooolb or equivalent to 4,535.92 litters of fuel with all 3 external fuel tanks

So B model lost about 200 lbs due to dual seat not bad , single seater total internal capacity block 1 and 2 was 5130 lbs or 2330 kg not sure about block 3

so...question about range...how much is the range of the Thunder with a no external fuel tanks, say 4 BVR AAMs under the wings, 2 WVR AAMs on wing tips and a KJ600 self protection jammer pod on the centerline. How much would the combat radius be if:

The Thunder does not air refuel after taking off with the said load.

The Thunder does air refuel after taking off with the said load.

how is that? please explain why
it has 7 hard points yes? which gives a big mix of weapons, fuel and avionics pods for A2A ad A2G roles BVR and short range missiles, guided bombs etc.
why you want the plane to carry extra weight when it might not get the chance to use any or all of its ordinance?
I would rather want its current weight the same with same external weight but more powerful engine to give it more thrust to weight , more agility and movement.
There should be dedicated hp for pods period

Back
Top Bottom