What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The last point Milenium makes is how the jf-17 can allow a quantity advantage - which is something PAF may not choose to benefit from, given its doctrine. However, it is something that @Signalian is well known to advocate - a larger PAF would be a force multiplier for PN and PA.

@The Raven @MastanKhan
so he says at least J-10 got some input form JF-17 program

That's related to the work done on the DSI intake for the JF-17, which was later adopted for the J-10. That doesn't mean Pakistan or the PAF had any input in the development of the J-10, and as he clearly stated, the J-10 is still maturing, including the adoption of thrust vectoring.

117358802_169748704678475_1731270708493808354_o.jpg

MK watched all his videos. He gives some good basic aerodynamics lessons quite simply and in a meaningful manner.

I think the point about not properly area ruling the wing-fuselage of the JF-17 is true. But then this is offset by the side intakes, the bulge just immediately after the intake and the LERX, all of which compensate but perhaps not 100% (meaning better area ruling would help the Jeff).

I think the commenter also has his biases, he loves delta canards and can't really see another design choice as a true counterpart. For him, the delta canard gives 20% superior performance (which is open to debate on exactly what parameters that is true).

Truth of the matter is that the JF-17 does an amazing job with the limited resources and is, in terms of actual combat capability, competitive in BVR and WVR against any 4.5 gen fighter. The only issue that Pak has to worry about is the advanced EW of the Rafale. Pak has not faced high tech EW so far against India.

Rafale's advanced active cancellation and aircraft masking are serious concerns, but the Youtuber in another of his videos says we should take that Rafale capability with a bit of salt, so perhaps I am overplaying this. The Meteor is the other concern and Pak has already countered that.

With the recent acquisition of high tech radars, Rafale's active cancellation and other EW capabilities will be significantly diminished. I hope this works to Pak's advantage.

In terms of aerodynamics, the Rafale is not optimized like the Eurofighter for high-high performance. So it will have an advantage but a marginal advantage. The only concern is when this marginal advantage is combined with the Meteor and the EW, it may (or may not) become a bigger advantage.

All this of course if India can do a great job (an not an average job) of operationalizing the Rafale.
Even though i am a amateur but the active cancellation claims are outlandish
Somehow rafale ability to jam a radar particular frequency was interpeted as "active cancellation "

That's related to the work done on the DSI intake for the JF-17, which was later adopted for the J-10. That doesn't mean Pakistan or the PAF had any input in the development of the J-10, and as he clearly stated, the J-10 is still maturing, including the adoption of thrust vectoring.
J10=Jf17 except
MCA>LCA rest all are same. same weapons and same impacts. J10 carry more weapons and fuels because its medium class fighter

The last point Milenium makes is how the jf-17 can allow a quantity advantage - which is something PAF may not choose to benefit from, given its doctrine. However, it is something that @Signalian is well known to advocate - a larger PAF would be a force multiplier for PN and PA.
I agree PAF needs to really flood its force with jf17s. It has enough pilots already.
Given IAF size and IN size. PAF needs to up its squardons from 18(frontline) to 25ish

Hopefully the new rd93ma (be it block 3 or 4) will up the range/lotering of jf17 to considerable amount

That ratio has been falling - other opportunities available now to target candidates.
In this case, the benefit of more fighters is to have more operable jets (70% of 100 is more than 80% of 75) and enable our pilots to log more hours (especially if there are 1 or 2 pilots assigned to each jet).

That ratio has been falling - other opportunities available now to target candidates.
Yeah. True that. Now you can install an app like tiktok and do nothing but some pathetic videos and you become a billionaire and a superstar. Why would u go for the Airforce when you can have more money & fame without doing much. And that also at a very young age in a very short time

Back
Top Bottom