What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Your explanation does not make sense. I don't think the height of pylon would impact the plane stability or there would be no concept of CFT's. There are numerous examples of missiles fitted on top of wings as an urgent wartime solution with no impact on stability. The major reason as I mentioned in my original post and confirmed by others is the risk of released payload hitting the mothership

jaguar-solo_1024.jpg

main-qimg-24b362dbbb3ffeb8f54f5a46f81b84fa.jpeg

QUOTE="StormBreaker, post: 12570357, member: 197683"]There would be stability issues, I don’t know how to explain it to you, Let’s say, You hold some weights on both hands, Stand normally, Weights facing the ground, hands straight down.

Now, Just think, If you lift and stick both weights to your shoulders, You would easily tilt or fall off as compared to hanging weights on straight hands.

It is all about stability[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The airflow that lifts the plane is above the wings not below. It's the vacuum created above the wings that hold the plane up not the air pushing up on the wings.
Keywords search: "pylon", "design", "flow", and "aerodynamics".

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/12042381.pdf
The investigations demonstrated the need for a careful contouring of the pylon/wing interface to reduce the adverse installation effects, such as lift loss due to the acceleration of airflow and subsequent shock caused by the presence of the pylon.
Differential pressures to produce lift is a balance first created by the wing foil. What you are asking for is a real time dynamic change of that balance with an extensible underwing store pylon structure. Safe ejection of external stores would require the pylon to extend itself, possibly under maneuvers, and that would produce unpredictable vortices that could produce disasters like video posted 10797. Then there would be reprogramming of the flight controls algorithms to accommodate that dynamic change. Then there would be the inevitable cost/benefits analyses to see if it is worth it to produce such a new pylon design.

There are numerous examples of missiles fitted on top of wings as an urgent wartime solution with no impact on stability.
Never used again.

Aselpod doesn't need to directly talk to other jets. Aselpod feeds the jet it is umbilically connected to, and let's that jet share the data using link 17 or whatever. It's like having a USB camera rather than a wifi camera, in very simple terms.

Based on the open source data, Link-16 transmission rate is 1 Mbps. Not enough to beam Live video back to ground station via Link-16

There is a reason Pakistan bought Data linked Sniper Pods back in 2014-15 capable of transmitting the the video in real time directly to groundstation. PAF F-16 Link-16 can handle data and voice but transmitting a video in real time? It doesnt.

Based on the size and the make of SDR Pakistan is using in JF-17 and mirages and F-7pgs and since Link-17 is base on the Link-16 and Link-22, Those SDR and TDL would mostly have 1-2 Mbps transmission rate as well.

The question is, Is Link-17 Capable of transmitting video feeds back to Ground station? @SQ8 worked on Link-17 a decade or so. The Voice and Data it can transmit in encrypted form. The video feed? Not so much.

What are those numbers written on the Thunder?
I think, which part fits with which part...
In a 6 sigma following quality company, it doesn't matter... as precision is 99.6% ...
For instance, one mirage part doesn't fit to another mirage, as it is tailored specifically for that particular plane...
Like, rotors of Puma sometimes had a difference/variance of 1kg.
French must have improved their production quality now, I think..
BTW, there seems to be a massive clearance issue between parts 1112-5

Last edited:
Based on the open source data, Link-16 transmission rate is 1 Mbps. Not enough to beam Live video back to ground station via Link-16

There is a reason Pakistan bought Data linked Sniper Pods back in 2014-15 capable of transmitting the the video in real time directly to groundstation. PAF F-16 Link-16 can handle data and voice but transmitting a video in real time? It doesnt.

Based on the size and the make of SDR Pakistan is using in JF-17 and mirages and F-7pgs and since Link-17 is base on the Link-16 and Link-22, Those SDR and TDL would mostly have 1-2 Mbps transmission rate as well.

The question is, Is Link-17 Capable of transmitting video feeds back to Ground station? @SQ8 worked on Link-17 a decade or so. The Voice and Data it can transmit in encrypted form. The video feed? Not so much.
Correction - I did not work on Link-17, the next cubicle did. Mine was SDR for Army. PAF SDR is Rhode&Schwartz
https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/pk/ab...hwarz-pakistan/about-r-s-pakistan_230303.html

Back
Top Bottom