What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

question : Is this red afterburner from the start or its new indication an engine change from RD93 to ws-13 ?

question 2 : we can also observe that no smoke like in the AB residual fumes which was previously very visible , so have they been able to adjust the previous engine or again an indication of new engine?

I assume after seeing the patle patern on the visible part of engine are similar to rd93 if I am not mistaken ..

View attachment 354745

RD93

RD93 - the engine doesn't "smoke" on all throttle settings, especially in afterburner mode as "smoke" goes through complete combustion due to afterburn.

RD93 again

3887ff4db4039402ccd205eddc1c05d5.jpg

respected senior and knowledgeable guys...plz tell me is it possible to aski china to tailor KLJ-7A for us with irst to integrate it behind nose of thunder just like flankers rather mounting it externally thus saving hardpoint and also providing better lift...
i am no fanboy [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Last edited:
respected senior and knowledgeable guys...plz tell me is it possible to aski china to tailor KLJ-7A for us with irst to i tegrate it on nose of thunder rather mounting it externally thus saving hardpoint and also providing better lift...
i am no fanboy [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

IRST suppose to in the nose not related to radar .:-)

so irst will be before starting of nose in front of cockpit

The KLJ7A range is 170KM at max, what is the estimated range of vixen AESA offered to Pak?

Raven is more advance then vixen series because it is successor model.
Selex never said that it is a successor model of Vixen 1000 E ..they just said that it is made for grpen ng
I agreed that it is introduced after the vixen 1000E and Raven was developed from vixen family
but there is no difference between them in weight , field view , number of TR Modules , interface , radar modes and cooling system

there might be a slight difference between them in detection and tracking range, max tracking of target , max number of engagement etc

Last edited:

IDEAS 2016: Pakistan, France sign MoU on technical collaboration for JF-17 Thunder
https://www.geo.tv/latest/121494-ID...-on-technical-collaboration-for-JF-17-Thunder

KARACHI: Pakistan Air Force signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a French company on technical collaboration in production of JF-17 Thunder jets during the ongoing IDEAS 2016 defence expo on Thursday.

As per the MoU, the French company will provide technical assistance to Pakistan Air Force for electrification of JF-17 Thunder jets.

Air Commodore Waqar Haider signed the said MoU with the French company.

Earlier at the expo Pakistan also signed an agreement with Turkey to sell 52 Super Mushak basic trainers and is preparing Super Mushak jets for Nigeria and Qatar.

ToT engine harness

Both Raven and Vixen 1000 are based on the same model. The only difference being that Raven is customized for Gripen. The Vixen1000E is the latest iteration of this radar.

Back
Top Bottom