What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Maybe a question, that was already answered but I wasn't able to find anything: Is there a book on the JF-17 available, which describes its history, gestation, development thru different concepts and finally the results, aka the FC-1/JF-17 as we know it today?

Any recommendations are highly appreciated!

Best,
Deino
Their used to be a guy name @Najam Khan who I believe wrote a book about JF-17 and was member of PDF as well lot of his work used to appear on website name PAF wallpaper [visit here] I think old members of the forum can guide you more about him ....

@Horus could you help @Deino here

Last edited:
http://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17-Thunder/2435

Photo-2435.jpg

Why such a low production rate?
I thought production rate was increased to 20 per year.
Thisis block 3. A lot of capacity has been added and quality needs to be assured before ramping up numbers. Secondly we will need to keep our workforce busy. We buildenough that we can integrate into our squadrons. There is no sense building fighters you cannot integrate into your squadrons because you need to establish spares and depot level maintenance. It seems we have not been able to stand up more than one squadron a year. With no new orders it seems pointless to increase production.
A

Thisis block 3. A lot of capacity has been added and quality needs to be assured before ramping up numbers. Secondly we will need to keep our workforce busy. We buildenough that we can integrate into our squadrons. There is no sense building fighters you cannot integrate into your squadrons because you need to establish spares and depot level maintenance. It seems we have not been able to stand up more than one squadron a year. With no new orders it seems pointless to increase production.
A

Production rate is directly dependent on budget as well $$$ is also perhaps the reason

Pad /pac target is 16 per year
Block 3 schedule is little off not sure why

Such way of working is illegal in developed world. As well that's not how quality is produced. They need to shift from Chinese standards to European standards.
jf-17-18000-parts-and-26000-rivets-nuts-bolt-jpg.591099

Back
Top Bottom