What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Air commodore Khalid said Thunder being used for CAP missions.. Hope to see it next time armed with SD-10

I hope Pakistan can take this pressure. UK has given refuge, in fact citizenship to Pakistan leaders who openly offer their services to their foreign intel service against ISI, who run extortion and target killing networks in the financial capital of the country and whose political cadre at city level have been found to be working for British intel.

I dont want to politicize this thread, but you know what I mean and who I mean.

I look at this story differently. It is more likely that Pakistan had asked British authorities to hold action against Altaf Hussain as his arrest and prosecution in UK would have a blow-back in Karachi and that wasn't a time when PA would want to diverse their attention from western borders. Since Operation agaisnt TTP is concluding, we are witnessing some screw tightening against Altaf's terrorists in Karachi but I see these screw tightening again a field leveling operating and actual assault would come when PA is ready has enough available resources and attention to deal with MQM terrorists.

BLOCK II is the most important thing for our Air Force that is why I am interested in that

Oh okay, you have to wait next year when everything is clear. Don't get panic if BLOCK II is inducted recently or not. I think, PAF officials doesn't need to proof every new plane to the public for us.

keep-calm-and-pray-namaz-6.png

Keep Calm and Pray Namaz

No Angry, No Panic, No Bad Languages, No Talibans, okay?

UK is not happy with sales to Argentina, there will be lot of direct & indirect pressure.

Bhai Jan believe you me if Argentinian some how agreed we will not give a rat what UK think about it. About pressure they are building :) just remember the 10 May 1998 we will show the middle finger.

JF-17 ADV, armed with four AAMs .

10857296_1593140084256676_9135434086180099378_o.jpg

That's not Enough it should have 9 hardpoint's like the f-16 has so it can carry 2 Aim-9x on wing tips two SD-10 BVR's Two Anti ship missiles C 602/802 or JDAM's for ATG mission and Two extra Fuel Tanks one bigger under fuselage..! then it would be True Multirole 4++ Gen fighter!

Sir jee cun-phusa dia. Ok I will try to answer.

I can update with the deal of Nigeria but Argentine it's still in its infancy it will take a little more time to mature where as if Nigeria finalised the deal they will be getting 1 squad of Block 2 and later they may be offered with Block 3 for 2nd squad but it depends if they may stick to block 2 and later when Pakistan begin to retire its first block 50 JFTs that may be offers to both Nigeria and Argentines with upgrades.

Significance of these 2 deals are establishing grounds in the market of foreign sales of fighter jets and funds for further improvements coming blocks.

And yes first 50 block 2s are for Pakistan for now that's the plan.

If I remember correctly then JF-17 is supposed to have a block update every 51st Aircraft. As far as the 49 Block 1 aircraft are to be upgraded to the standard of Block II for which they are to be sent to China. Hence the retirement of 50 block I is not going to happen any time soon.

If we do consider that these sales to Nigeria and Argentina are for FC-1 then they can technically be equivalent to JF-17 Block II but not JF-17 Block II's hence no effect on the JF-17 production and upgraded Blocks.

UK is not happy with sales to Argentina, there will be lot of direct & indirect pressure.

There are reports that SANG is looking into purchasing JF-17 with EJ-200 engines which are the same as Euro Fighter Typhoon (EFT). UK would be interested to sell these engines because RSAF is flying the EFT hence a commonality in engine maintenance. UK might as well be also considering that if such a deal is signed that the engine would reveal what the true performance of JF-17 is which might be beneficial RAF. Hypothetically it can be a catch 22 for UK.

Zhuk AESA would be nice :D

Is good good enough platform like Raven AESA or Vixen-1000e?

I found following pic on a Indian Defense Forum (where Pakistan is hated most and they show their real face) but that pic is good and JF-17 block-2 or above should have those capabilities (sorry if it is posted already or against PDF rules)

JF-17 pic from Bharat Rakshak forum.jpg

@Horus you mentioned Zhuk radar option for JF-17s, which radar can be fitted in its nose and as per technical parameters?

Although Zuke AE (AESA) customize as per PAF need will be awesome to have and it will put Thunder in 4.5 gen fighter list and it will become very potent bird for any advance jet below 5th gen.

Zhuk (radar) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We tend to dream a lot don't we? as dreaming doesn't cost a penny ? In reality AESA radar is good but its practical use is not so invincible against Dedicated EW pods and Jamming systems. AESA gap is filled for now with EW suite and Jammer for JF17 with support of awacs. In Indo pak scenario even jf17 can lock any stealth jet too all our PAF friends need to do is introduce is Joint strike system using awacs and ground radars to actually lock targets for our aircrafts. This in my opinion PAF is able to introduce with current armament and equipment. In It sector and linking stuff Pakistan has many intellectuals. IF we create our on C4i and Threat matrix we can do wonders in IT. IMHO :)

That's not Enough it should have 9 hardpoint's like the f-16 has so it can carry 2 Aim-9x on wing tips two SD-10 BVR's Two Anti ship missiles C 602/802 or JDAM's for ATG mission and Two extra Fuel Tanks one bigger under fuselage..! then it would be True Multirole 4++ Gen fighter!

Hi,

It does not work like that---on anti ship mission's----the aircraft will only have the anti ship + extra fuel tanks----. The aircraft does not carry extra weight for these type of missions. Other support aircraft may carry the missiles.

Let's just settle for this package for now.
885910_1534940176743334_154621746376566249_o.jpg

If I remember correctly then JF-17 is supposed to have a block update every 51st Aircraft. As far as the 49 Block 1 aircraft are to be upgraded to the standard of Block II for which they are to be sent to China. Hence the retirement of 50 block I is not going to happen any time soon.

If we do consider that these sales to Nigeria and Argentina are for FC-1 then they can technically be equivalent to JF-17 Block II but not JF-17 Block II's hence no effect on the JF-17 production and upgraded Blocks.

Yes that is true its meant to be updated with later standards. But as we got our budget improved we will go for new versions similarly as USA did with their F-16s as we can see the pattern of evolution in JFT project is somewhat similar to F-16.

There are reports that SANG is looking into purchasing JF-17 with EJ-200 engines which are the same as Euro Fighter Typhoon (EFT). UK would be interested to sell these engines because RSAF is flying the EFT hence a commonality in engine maintenance. UK might as well be also considering that if such a deal is signed that the engine would reveal what the true performance of JF-17 is which might be beneficial RAF. Hypothetically it can be a catch 22 for UK.

Thats an early news and I believe this is quiet a possible scenario but it will increase the price and performance as well because EJ-200 in comparison to RD-93 is much better in TWR and other performance. Indeed it is going to increase JFT capability multifold and I think if RSAF goes for a bigger quantity of JFT like 150 or more then they can ask for a assembling or partial transfer of technology for the engine because both Typhoon and JFT uses these engines and it will be a sizeable quantity like around 500 engines. 120 EFT is equal to 240 engines and spare engines may be around 40 to 60 and JFT if in quantity like 150 then including spare engines the quantity will be around 180 to 200 :D Thinking LOUD :D.

Hi,

It does not work like that---on anti ship mission's----the aircraft will only have the anti ship + extra fuel tanks----. The aircraft does not carry extra weight for these type of missions. Other support aircraft may carry the missiles.

I was just giving the example for having 9 hardpoints. I know how weapons payload have been manage for different mission's..

Sir its a Fighter jet not MAULA JUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom