What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ghazaliy2k, The SC, Ace of the Air, Dazzler and especially Irbis for picking up the ball.

Good day all, Tay.

Last edited:
IMG_1697701533720.jpeg

@Oscar

What anti-armor bomb is that, in the bottom right pic?

Stop trolling, it achieved FOC years ago. Block 1 production completed and you think it went ahead without FOC? Wake up, get real and have some common sense.
Are you stupid? Read my post. I said I know it did. Just wanted to know the year and whether the certification was done in China or Pakistan.

Zhuk AESA would be nice :D

Yaar Horus I remember I have seen it somewhere in a thread that Chinese have AESA Tech from Israel and its live example is their AEWACS which were actually dropped but may be tech transferred secretly and they also have some knowledge transferred from Elta 20xx project which also reflects in our current JFT avionics and other EW systems as well as in J-10.
So I believe we are flying with avionics having genes mix from Russians, Israel, China and input from PAC as well and that's somewhat a mix plate of technology and may be it is better then having some system like Zhuk but that is just my understanding which I have developed with this forum and a few drawing room discussions with highly involved people don't know the degree of precision in this knowledge.

Are you stupid? Read my post. I said I know it did. Just wanted to know the year and whether the certification was done in China or Pakistan.

Tum nay certification KA jaan ker kia kerna hai hum Tum Ko nahin baichain gay jao Pehlay fully certified aur war proved Rafael ki deal final ker lo phir aana. Waisay I think Rafael kay chakker main French JFT ki avionics ki deal say gaye aur Rafael ka bail bhi mundair charhta nahin dikhta:p

Last edited:
Considering that the deals with Nigeria and Argentina are signed what would that signify in terms of JF-17 Block's?
Will these 40 or so be classified as Block III?

First 50 JF-17 Block I Second 50 Block II are for Pakistan.

Sir jee cun-phusa dia. Ok I will try to answer.

I can update with the deal of Nigeria but Argentine it's still in its infancy it will take a little more time to mature where as if Nigeria finalised the deal they will be getting 1 squad of Block 2 and later they may be offered with Block 3 for 2nd squad but it depends if they may stick to block 2 and later when Pakistan begin to retire its first block 50 JFTs that may be offers to both Nigeria and Argentines with upgrades.

Significance of these 2 deals are establishing grounds in the market of foreign sales of fighter jets and funds for further improvements coming blocks.

And yes first 50 block 2s are for Pakistan for now that's the plan.

Sir jee cun-phusa dia. Ok I will try to answer.

I can update with the deal of Nigeria but Argentine it's still in its infancy it will take a little more time to mature where as if Nigeria finalised the deal they will be getting 1 squad of Block 2 and later they may be offered with Block 3 for 2nd squad but it depends if they may stick to block 2 and later when Pakistan begin to retire its first block 50 JFTs that may be offers to both Nigeria and Argentines with upgrades.

Significance of these 2 deals are establishing grounds in the market of foreign sales of fighter jets and funds for further improvements coming blocks.

And yes first 50 block 2s are for Pakistan for now that's the plan.

UK is not happy with sales to Argentina, there will be lot of direct & indirect pressure.

Sorry if I am asking a wrong question. I understand that JF 17 is in operational status at this time. However it entered that status long before everything got integrated. I remember when the 1st squadron was raised in 2010 (I think), it could not fire BVR missiles and had very basic avionics. That was the time Pakistan had tried to source French avionics but the deal got scuttled due to Indian pressure. So the question is still the same. All new platforms go thru IOC and FOC formally. When did JF 17 go thru these two? And was it in China or in Pakistan

No new aircraft ever becomes totally operational from very first version or very first deliveries. Just look at Typhoon. Britain only announced yesterday a program to integrate Brimstone BVRs to Eurofighter Typhoon. Before this, only their 30 years Tornados could fire this advanced weapon.

Also, it might cheer you but it wasnt Indian pressure that scuttled French avionics deal. Pakistan wants total independence in Thunder platform from western sanctions. We've had enough of them. You might be unpleasantly surprised but China is also doing quite well in defence electronics.

UK is not happy with sales to Argentina, there will be lot of direct & indirect pressure.

I hope Pakistan can take this pressure. UK has given refuge, in fact citizenship to Pakistan leaders who openly offer their services to their foreign intel service against ISI, who run extortion and target killing networks in the financial capital of the country and whose political cadre at city level have been found to be working for British intel.

I dont want to politicize this thread, but you know what I mean and who I mean.

“We will hand over 16 Block-II JF-17s to the PAF every year,” said Air Marshal Javaid Ahmad.

16 is quite a good number for a year. Dassault produces 11 Rafale every year. I m not saying French cant ramp up production but just a comparison.

But sir, why are you obsessed with 5 Block II on December whether delivery or not ? What proof do you need????
BLOCK II is the most important thing for our Air Force that is why I am interested in that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom