What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! OK, mate, got that! Part of the bug is then your use of FOC which is what I was trying to outline.
If you mean **** FOC of BLOCK 1, it got that de facto in December as the last of these rolled off the
assembly line since production of the Block2 begun on the 18th Dec. 2014 although the date could be
also that of induction to active service of that last aircraft so a couple weeks ago.
If you meant FOC of any block as in the US meaning, it will get that when the last ever gets delivered?

In any case, FOC is delivered by the PAF; here it would be the Black Panthers
with IOC in 2011 and FOC late 2014 or early 2015 as we just saw. I can't give you the date.

You seem to be confusing introduction of new capabilities with FOC. By that count, the Mirage are then
not yet FOC since you are still upgrading them. :blink: Is that clearer?

Tay.

P.S. "FOC certification" as you said is akin to PAF force. No need to raise the certification word to square! ;)

Oh and gift to you to derive these dates directly from the manufacturer :
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra - JF-17 Thunder Aircraft
What is ****?

Sorry if I am asking a wrong question. I understand that JF 17 is in operational status at this time. However it entered that status long before everything got integrated. I remember when the 1st squadron was raised in 2010 (I think), it could not fire BVR missiles and had very basic avionics. That was the time Pakistan had tried to source French avionics but the deal got scuttled due to Indian pressure. So the question is still the same. All new platforms go thru IOC and FOC formally. When did JF 17 go thru these two? And was it in China or in Pakistan
Just describe what you mean by final operational capability here. And don't you think that each jet qualifying foc separately is odd? like tejas got ioc a few months back, if you produce a production frame now; it 'll be considered ioc qualified.

What is ****?
If you aren't kidding, then it's Pakistan!

Just describe what you mean by final operational capability here. And don't you think that each jet qualifying foc separately is odd? like tejas got ioc a few months back, if you produce a production frame now; it 'll be considered ioc qualified.
I dont mean every single plane to be FOCed. I wanted to know which year JF 17 as a new platform got its FOC certification and if it was done in China or in Pakistan

I dont mean every single plane to be FOCed. I wanted to know which year JF 17 as a new platform got its FOC certification and if it was done in China or in Pakistan
My 1st reply to you is the answer again! They didn't give us a date but the machine was put to work ASAP. PAF is a little shy in sharing these kind of things

IMG_1697701533720.jpeg

My 1st reply to you is the answer again! They didn't give us a date but the machine was put to work ASAP. PAF is a little shy in sharing these kind of things
That doesnt sound right. It could be an internal detail for PAF, but since China and Pakistan are both angling for export orders, I think these certifications would be important , if not necessary.

That doesnt sound right. It could be an internal detail for PAF, but since China and Pakistan are both angling for export orders, I think these certifications would be important , if not necessary.
Customers are shown these things. Who's gonna buy anything blind folded?

Considering that the deals with Nigeria and Argentina are signed what would that signify in terms of JF-17 Block's?
Will these 40 or so be classified as Block III?

First 50 JF-17 Block I Second 50 Block II are for Pakistan.

Sorry if I am asking a wrong question. I understand that JF 17 is in operational status at this time. However it entered that status long before everything got integrated. I remember when the 1st squadron was raised in 2010 (I think), it could not fire BVR missiles and had very basic avionics. That was the time Pakistan had tried to source French avionics but the deal got scuttled due to Indian pressure. So the question is still the same. All new platforms go thru IOC and FOC formally. When did JF 17 go thru these two? And was it in China or in Pakistan

Stop trolling, it achieved FOC years ago. Block 1 production completed and you think it went ahead without FOC? Wake up, get real and have some common sense.

May 27, 2011
Special updates from the Pakistan Air Force

1. China and Pakistan have signed a memorandum to manufacture the second batch of JF-17 Thunder with some upgrades. The next 50 JF-17 Thunder Block 2 would be assembled in PAC Kamra and will require a visit to China because of the complicated modifications. The delivery is expected to complete in the next 6 months.

2. JF-17 Thunder Block 2 would operate AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) radar, For FC-20 (J-10B) PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array) will be observed. The Block 1 will start to retire after the end production of first 150 aircraft.

UPGRADES:
1. The integrated avionics, Sensors and EW suites would be entirely from China. Block 2 would have reduced RCS (Radar Cross Section), RAM Paint, Complete new structure for AESA operating nose, Retractable Refuelling probe and low composite material to be used for weight reduction.

2. A-Darter missiles from Brazil and HMS (Helmet mounted system) to be inducted from South Africa giving the capability of look-and-shoot the bogey without getting it in the HUD (Head up display).

3. SD-10B BVR (Beyond Visual Range) missile equal of AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM and an unknown meteor missile is in pipeline for Block 2.

(4. FC-20 or J-10B may be inducted a bit earlier than planned, in coming December or January.

5. Also, there are some unconfirmed reports suggesting that Pakistan Navy is in negotiation with China to buy J-11B which is said to be a clone of Russian SU-27 Flanker.)

Special updates from the Pakistan Air Force | Terminal X

Production of improved version of JF-17 aircraft launched
Baqir Sajjad Syed | Yaqoob Malik Published Dec 19, 2013 07:43am

ISLAMABAD / ATTOCK: Pakistan launched on Wednesday production of an improved version of JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif performed the inauguration of the manufacturing of Block 2 of JF-17 at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in the town of Kamra.

Block 2 jets come with air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, better weapon carriage and enhanced data link and electronic warfare capabilities.

The aircraft costs around $20-25 million apiece, compared to Block 1 which costs about $15m.

The Kamra production facility has been reconfigured for the production of the new version.

Production of Block 2 is expected to continue till 2016 after which manufacture of Block 3 is planned which may have new engine and different weaponry.

dawn.com/news/1075055/production-of-improved-version-of-jf-17-aircraft-launched

So what a 5 to 10 million $ will add to the JF-17 block1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom