What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
well will all jf-17 block 1 get ifr probe any idea
They will. PAF doesn't have enough refuellrs as yet and JF-17s first role is to provide air defence inside Pakistan that is why IFR has low priority. Radar and air to air weapons are first priority thus the focus on them. Smart weapons for ground attack especially maritime security is second priority thus you see emphasis on Anti-Ship weapons and other things.

Opening too many projects dilutes resources and focus. Eventually everything gets delayed. PAF is focusing on giving most critical capability first and then moving on to the next in priority. I am forced to think that even export is not that high on PAF priority. They need to replace ageing fleet first and do it fast.

10959373_336636329874532_5169388954020807396_n.jpg

Can JF-17 drop these external fuel-tanks during a sortie if required?

10959373_336636329874532_5169388954020807396_n.jpg

Can JF-17 drop these external fuel-tanks during a sortie if required?

Yes. Or drop only selected ones. All aircraft (almost) can do that.

Recent photographs of JF-17s have been with three drop tanks. I am assuming PAF is flying much more and JF-17 pilots are getting a lot of flying hours now. Mastery of aircraft in full swing it seems!

Yes. Or drop only selected ones. All aircraft (almost) can do that.

Recent photographs of JF-17s have been with three drop tanks. I am assuming PAF is flying much more and JF-17 pilots are getting a lot of flying hours now. Mastery of aircraft in full swing it seems!
It's that or JF17 is a relatively short legged aircraft needing 3 tanks for any mission of a reasonable duration. I wonder if there is any room to increase internal fuel.

We have seen JF 17 fly comfortably without these fuel tanks for very long time. I think aircraft has sufficient fuel. Look at the ferry range at PAC site. It is more than Grippen. So my guess is aircraft are flying more and longer duration stories.

Wow! Do I see a pod on left wing of JF-17. Undergoing trials for targetting / EW / Recce pod? Can anyone recognise this pod for me? @Deino

analyst Usman Shabbir of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank believes the JF-17 is a victim of geopolitical circumstances, though Egypt may struggle with the French fighters.
Totally, agree to Usman Shabbir's analysis..... unfortunately people on this forum don't like him very much.

Wow! Do I see a pod on left wing of JF-17. Undergoing trials for targetting / EW / Recce pod? Can anyone recognise this pod for me? @Deino

its the IR pod used during the time PT-06 acted as the chase plan for J-20 (some of the people claim it to be a Camera pod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom