What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
53ad07b1571b0.jpg

A JF-17 Thunder prepares for landing at Bacha Khan airport in Peshawar, June 26, 2014.

Hi,

Our BLK 52 F16 is far superior to any J10B that china has---. Right in your face kind aircraft would be like rafale, eurofighter, J11---. Remember---you got SU 30's on the other side---.

You ought to have something that your enemy is seriously concerned about---the french radar, electronic package and missile system being prepared for the JF 17 was big concern to the indains & see what they did to it---to cancel that deal---the indins decided to buy the french aircrft---that much was the concern the indians had with that joint venture---even though the indians had the option of buying the best american equipment.

Masta, SU30 is not that superior. I think it is still not able to counter block52. Just give me info when the Su30 had its last avionics update?

I posted this in the other IAF V PAF thread, suffice to repeat it here as well.
I discussed in detail with a PAF Block-52 pioneer on the F-16 Vis MKI scenario. According to the PAF officer, a Group Captain, the MKI is a superb aircraft but it has it's advantages and disadvantages.... the main advantage being the fuel capacity hence it can loiter for longer periods. Those who argue that it can carry a dozen or so missiles, what good they be if it gets hit by even a single missile, one of it's main disadvantage is it's huge RCS, the officer disclosed that during an exercise with somewhat similar kind of aircraft belonging to a friendly air force, even the JF-17 detected it before it picked up the smaller aircraft, by that time the JFT had launched it's weapon and broken off. !!!!

53ad07b1571b0.jpg

A JF-17 Thunder prepares for landing at Bacha Khan airport in Peshawar, June 26, 2014.
I have noticed that Americans focus a lot on the finishing and look of Aircraft. Chinese don't care much though :-) IMO thunder would have looked much sleeker with F-16 like landing gear, rather small wing around inlet like the one in first prototype and finally the main wing should have blend with fuselage like with F-16. :p: BTW I hate when they demo thunder during airshows with its landing gear still open :mad:

I posted this in the other IAF V PAF thread, suffice to repeat it here as well.
I discussed in detail with a PAF Block-52 pioneer on the F-16 Vis MKI scenario. According to the PAF officer, a Group Captain, the MKI is a superb aircraft but it has it's advantages and disadvantages.... the main advantage being the fuel capacity hence it can loiter for longer periods. Those who argue that it can carry a dozen or so missiles, what good they be if it gets hit by even a single missile, one of it's main disadvantage is it's huge RCS, the officer disclosed that during an exercise with somewhat similar kind of aircraft belonging to a friendly air force, even the JF-17 detected it before it picked up the smaller aircraft, by that time the JFT had launched it's weapon and broken off. !!!!

Hi,

Thank you windjmmer---" launched its weapons & had broken off "----there will be lesser merges & more of launch & break off's @ BVR---.

Paf will follow what the usaf does for F22---" launch and break off "---I have stated that a long time ago---merges will be the last resort against a supreior enemy force.

First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan

Alan Warnes, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
26 June 2014

Production of the first two of 50 Block 2 JF-17s on order by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is now well under way at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra, with the first expected to fly by the end of the year.

p1526478.jpg

Production of the first two of 50 Block 2 JF-17s on order by the Pakistan Air Force is now well under way at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra. (Alan Warnes)

The Block 2 JF-17 has several capability increases over the Block 1s, but the main boost to the PAF as well as to export potential is the installation of an air-to-air refuelling system. One aircraft has been fitted with a refuelling probe, which protrudes from the right side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit, sitting forward of the pilot's position.

(102 of 324 words)

First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan - IHS Jane's 360

Good to see it taking shape, if it indeed is the photo of first block II under construction.

There is too much one can NOT see in this pic. No rudder (its on the floor in the back ground, I think), no IFR probe (probably too early to install as of yet in the assembly process).

There seem to be no significant physical changes that one may be able to discern, as expected.

Hi,

Thank you windjmmer---" launched its weapons & had broken off "----there will be lesser merges & more of launch & break off's @ BVR---.

Paf will follow what the usaf does for F22---" launch and break off "---I have stated that a long time ago---merges will be the last resort against a supreior enemy force.

It is kind of contradiction intermino. We build small agile dogfighter yet we use it as BVR killer. But that is what now the tactics are. Try to stay out of the kill zone of the opponent. Be the first to act and hide asap. In that case you would be not surprised that block 2 will have the dual bvr launcher. Anyway, strange the delay towards end of the year of the production ready of the first two JF17. Is it because of RD93MA?

It is kind of contradiction intermino. We build small agile dogfighter yet we use it as BVR killer. But that is what now the tactics are. Try to stay out of the kill zone of the opponent. Be the first to act and hide asap. In that case you would be not surprised that block 2 will have the dual bvr launcher. Anyway, strange the delay towards end of the year of the production ready of the first two JF17. Is it because of RD93MA?

You are so right Munir. But we have thought so all along that see first shoot first deal would go in favor of JF-17. But one thing that I can guess is that JF-17 would probably have been at a lower altitude comparatively to take advantage of ground clutter. Consequently the BVR shot would likely have lower range because of that. Suppose the enemy does not buy the bluff?

The delay is indeed troubling. I was hoping of unveiling of the bird in August at the latest. Now end of year is just nuts. This means that Block III would be that much more delayed. I can not say about RD93MA being a factor. I doubt if PAF would let it be known.

There are many options... It is still not as expensive as block52

It is when you calculate the operation and life cycle costs. We're developing a missile bourne device to kill ships. No one is going to mount a marine landing in Pakistan.

What we need is more vipers from Norway. They are available soon and are integrated with Penguin AShM systems with ongoing development of JFT program.

Our only big ticket purchase now should be J-31 production a decade down the line.

Vipers are not going to be delivered with all the items without USA saying yes. They will not do that. And why buying more if we already have 75 of those? You need something like SU35. Nothing less. It is the range and the load... Even J31 will not match that easily. And... If you really want to protect the coast/sea lanes you really really need it very very badly.

@Munir l We do need a lot of things i.e ballistic jackets for all of our boys and a new battle rifle to replace the rifles we bought in the 70s.

Before everything though we need money which we don't have. I do have my own laundery list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom