What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, I think, fukk, fukk, fukk

We trust sources and not what some dickheads think or believe

Read the following report

JF-17 Thunder set to convert interest into mature orders - Khaleej Times

We have also seen reports that 14 Sq. Tail Choppers will be the third JF-17 squadron. And the guys here will be greatly disappointed if they start believing you, i.e, no third JF-17 Blk 1 squadron.. :mad:
URL]]

You are even more uneducated that I thought because so far nothing is confirmed its all speculation I couldn't care less who is disappointed and who isn't

Zarvan:
Block 2 is now ready to be produced in Pakistan. First delivery in March. So probably block2 is already being produced in China. Most insiders know what is in it. I cannot tell more. And during Dubai airshow it was officially told that design and negotiations are started for block3. So yes we will get from now on block2 and then move on to block 3 in (2015-)2016. Block 1 will be upgraded towards block 2. I do not think that there is any upgrade to block 3. That is a lot more newer design.

Sir, you are a senior member here. I don't want to put any questions to you, but just state this, isn't JF-17 blk 3 a little too late?

We need that capability today, not in 2017. We need superior avionics and weapons right now, so that our pilots are trained on them for 3-4 years.

This comparison with F-16 is very unfair. The threat on our borders is not F-16 BLK 15 class, but rather BLK52+ and beyond that type. Unless, a medium-heavy fighter (J-10, J-11, Typhoon etc) is planned to come between now and 2016 time frame, PAF is seriously losing edge.

Sir, you are a senior member here. I don't want to put any questions to you, but just state this, isn't JF-17 blk 3 a little too late?

We need that capability today, not in 2017. We need superior avionics and weapons right now, so that our pilots are trained on them for 3-4 years.

This comparison with F-16 is very unfair. The threat on our borders is not F-16 BLK 15 class, but rather BLK52+ and beyond that type. Unless, a medium-heavy fighter (J-10, J-11, Typhoon etc) is planned to come between now and 2016 time frame, PAF is seriously losing edge.
Our military is puts too fucking much trust in those nukes !!! :tsk:

Last edited:
Reactions: HRK
Our military is puts too fucking much trust on those nukes !!! :tsk:

You cannot keep nuclear threat alive and expect the enemy to show mercy. Any nuclear attack in South-Asia is going to be bad, very bad for the region. This is a lame excuse to pre-empt nukes in your war planning.

Thanx. Our journalists at their best. Can't get their facts straight in defense reportings and that 13.143 was not at Dubai show

So the road so far in JF-17 program.

11-136 was last JF-17 produced in 2011.

12-137 to 12-142, 5 JF-17's produced in 2012

13-143 to 13-150 8 JF-17 produced in 2013

Things were pretty bad for PAF that they had to make a such a drastic cut in JF-17 project and It does show why third Squadron of JF-17 is being put on hold uptill now. Due to very low rate of production

Don't know where you people get your Maths from basic arithmetic skills are clearing lacking

In 2012 they built 6 and in 2013 they built 8

You cannot keep nuclear threat alive and expect the enemy to show mercy. Any nuclear attack in South-Asia is going to be bad, very bad for the region. This is a lame excuse to pre-empt nukes in your war planning.
Yes sir we need. To go for J-10B as soon as possible sir

Don't know where you people get your Maths from basic arithmetic skills are clearing lacking

In 2012 they built 6 and in 2013 they built 8

You might want to cut back on sarcasm a bit. A simple typo ought not to excite one over-much. We have enough trolls as it is.

not sure but why are we not discussing a possible squadron of JF-17 dedicted for nuclear strike role?

This should be a variant with atleast speed in excess of mach 2 and the capability to atleast lauch 3xRaa'd ALCM's?

what you guys say?

You might want to cut back on sarcasm a bit. A simple typo ought not to excite one over-much. We have enough trolls as it is.
We should stop speculating and wait for PAF to bring BLOCK 2 in front I mean show it and let them tell what features it has and what are just rumors @farhan_9909 we still are waiting for BLOCK II and you are talking bout Nuclear strike role :hitwall:

not sure but why are we not discussing a possible squadron of JF-17 dedicted for nuclear strike role?

This should be a variant with atleast speed in excess of mach 2 and the capability to atleast lauch 3xRaa'd ALCM's?

what you guys say?

Mach 2 (needs a lot more thrust) and three ra'ad? Not only impossible but for why do you need that?

Mach 2 (needs a lot more thrust) and three ra'ad? Not only impossible but for why do you need that?
But it should be able to launch at least 2 raad I think but still we should wait for government to bring in BLOCK II and tell what is in it and what is now wikki by the way is placing JF-17 in the list of 4.5 Generation Fighters but I would now wait for PAF to end these speculations by bringing forward the BLOCK II if its ready

what you guys say?

Ballistic missiles are enough for that role. They can do much better job then a fighter jet, but only stealth jet can perform then better then a ballistic missile. And JF-17 isn't stealth. Thus don't give it that role, it will do poorly. Also, with Ra'ad integrated, it automatically has a nuclear role.

Don't know why you are asking for a Mach 2 jet. And for 3 Ra'ad would be kind of impossible, as JF-17 is a light weight jet, weight and dimensions of the missile might be other factors.

Even if it can carry two, that is more then enough.

There is no seniority nor should it block the right to ask questions my friend.

I think it is shocking the world that Pakistan achieved JF17. Not many nations can do that. Look at India. Whether is late? Other nations are busy since decades or since the first flight of the brothers Wright. If you want a honest answer. Pakistan and China are moving forward to newer technologies no other nation has achieved. Whether block3 is to late? I do not think so. If f16A could stop fully armed MKI... We jumped into AKG400, BVR, LGB, Ra'ad etc etc All open source for us. Trust me. We are doing fine to have block 3 in 2-3 years!

There is no seniority nor should it block the right to ask questions my friend.

I think it is shocking the world that Pakistan achieved JF17. Not many nations can do that. Look at India. Whether is late? Other nations are busy since decades or since the first flight of the brothers Wright. If you want a honest answer. Pakistan and China are moving forward to newer technologies no other nation has achieved. Whether block3 is to late? I do not think so. If f16A could stop fully armed MKI... We jumped into AKG400, BVR, LGB, Ra'ad etc etc All open source for us. Trust me. We are doing fine to have block 3 in 2-3 years!
But again I have only one question where the hell is BLOCK II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom