What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it feasible to have the Thunder equipped in this configuration. ??

jf-17_f4.jpgb372da7e-98f8-462a-a09f-3dd1859ddd8eLarger.jpg

Yes it can be. No big issue in such configuration, with Inflight refueling capability,this may be the ideal configuration for AD missions. And who knows one of the hard points gets the dual rack system, thus it may be able to carry 6 SD-10s with 2 WVR missiles and a drop tank under the fuselage.

It's photo shopped. Would there ever be a twin seated JF-17?

Well according to some serious member Yes there might be a dual seat version of JFT. According to sources PAF is seriously pursuing it.

Simply that means they are coming to KARACHI :yahoo: houshanghai :kiss3:

Based on this picture i can assure that JF 17 can carry another C802 underneath its belly. C802 weights around 971kgs, where as a 300 gallons (1100 liters) drop tank weighs around 981 kgs at room temperature. I have seen pictures of JF17 carrying 3 300 gallons fuel tanks.

Based on what i have seen from weight comparison JF17 will carry another C802 underneath its belly.... thats huge for Pakistan !!

i might be wrong experts. please chime in !

Based on this picture i can assure that JF 17 can carry another C802 underneath its belly. C802 weights around 971kgs, where as a 300 gallons (1100 liters) drop tank weighs around 981 kgs at room temperature. I have seen pictures of JF17 carrying 3 300 gallons fuel tanks.

Based on what i have seen from weight comparison JF17 will carry another C802 underneath its belly.... thats huge for Pakistan !!

i might be wrong experts. please chime in !

I am sure it's practical but these lightweight babies need to carry the extra juice to travel the distance.

JFT and Rafale mixed I am sorry but I am not so sure Chinese would come up with such a canopy not that they can, but we might see something like that most likely on a twin seater J-10B-?

Well, I don't know about the J-10B. But there are many pictures of twin seated J-10As. In that case, I don't see much reason to work on a twin seated JF-17.

exactly my point. Plus looking at the development right now the entire focus is on the development of Block-II and weapon integration.

Please read through the thread for your answer.

santro i read an article about it. so i just asked.

Mikoyan joins Chengdu on fighter

Print

By:
12:00 21 Jun 1995
Source:

CHENGDU AIRCRAFT (CAC) has teamed with Mikoyan MAPO to design and produce a new single-engine fighter to replace China's now defunct Super-7 project

The FC-1 is being developed as a private venture funded by CAC, China National Aero-Technology Import and Export (CATIC) and Pakistan. The aircraft is aimed principally at the export market, with the Pakistan air force expected to be the initial user.

CATIC is pushing for support from Aviation Industries of China (AVIC) and is confident of selling the lightweight fighter to China's PLA air force.

The aircraft has been under development since 1991, and is now in the detailed design phase. Two partial forward- and rear- fuselage mock-ups have been completed. A single-seat prototype is scheduled for a first flight in 1997. A two-seat aircraft is also planned.

Production is due to start in 1999 at CAC. Pakistan Aeronautical Complex will initially, produce parts for the FC-1 and is discussing the establishment, of a second production line.

Mikoyan is providing design support and has seconded a team of engineers to CAC. The aircraft resembles an earlier Mikoyan design given the internal designation MiG-33. The design, developed in the early 1980s, was intended as a light dogfight aircraft.

The FC-1 has been designed around the 80kN (18,300lb)-thrust Klimov RD-93 turbofan. The engine is an improved modular development of the RD-33 engine, which was also intended to power the MiG-33.

The FC-1 design, however, differs with adoption of twin side-mounted air intakes. Liyang Machinery of Guizhou, plans to produce the RD-93 under licence in China.

It will feature seven hard-points, including wingtip pylons for PL-7/10 short-range air-to-air missiles. A pulse Doppler multi-role radar has yet to be selected. Pakistan is expected to make a decision on its own avionics suite and weapon system within three to five months.

^^^^^^

ISLAMABAD: Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff on Wednesday said PAF has come a long way from a small force in its formative years to a modern, war experienced and efficient Air Force.

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff delivered a comprehensive presentation on Development and Service-entry of the JF-17 Aircraft into PAF at the 11th International Fighter Conference in the UK.

Addressing the conference as a key note speaker, the Air Chief said "PAF has come a long way from a small force in its formative years to a modern, war experienced and efficient Air Force. This progressive journey has resulted in the indigenous development of JF-17 Thunder aircraft. The JF-17 project is indeed a great achievement for the PAF and is an outright reflection of PAF’s inbuilt strength; technological acumen and perseverance of its personnel who have made this dream come true. The programme underwent various challenges which were successfully overcome by our committed operational and technical teams. Resultantly, performance of the aircraft has far exceeded our expectations. In terms of gains, JF-17 project has provided cutting edge operational capabilities at an affordable cost.

The Project worked under the direct supervision of Chiefs of the Air Staff, PAF. The success of the programme from conception to fruition is a tribute to successive Air Chiefs who nurtured it and made it a success."

The Air Chief further added, "Co-produced with our all-weather friend China, induction of JF-17 Thunder into PAF’s combat fleet is indeed a land mark occasion which would go a long way in the history of PAF and Pak-China Strategic relations. The aircraft offers the best replacement for PAF’s ageing fleet which is currently more than 75% of its inventory. In addition to providing affordable replacement of vintage fighter aircraft, the project is helping our national economy by providing job opportunities to a large number of civilian population through in-country production.

Moreover, it has also introduced cutting edge technology in the country for use in numerous civilian fields. The number of JF-17 aircraft inducted corresponds to an enhancement in capabilities to meet PAF’s operational requirements. This is in-line with PAF’s new capability-based developmental strategy. The aircraft has also made its mark internationally by participating in Air Shows at Farnborough UK, Zhuhai China and Centennial Celebrations of the Turkish Air Force in Turkey. It will also participate in Dubai Air Show 2011 next week".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom