What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As all you gents must know that a Sukhoi has landed at KHI. It is safe to assume that the Russians are interested in baby steps towards some relationship. I know that this one is a civilian jet but it portends good tidings for Russian-Pakistan relations. You may not get all you desire but it is time to begin working on it.
BTW Algerians bought 40+ Su-30 MKAs which are identical to Su-30 MKIs. Once they realized that, they apparently grounded them. If you desire "parity" with Indians you may want to offer Putin to take those Flankers off his hands in some kind of an exchange in which Russia does not have to pay reparation$ to mon Algerie. ....Perhaps you can subsitute them with an undisclosed number of JF-17 Thunders. Win-win-win for all three nations? Huh?

Man you took words out of my mouth. If you read all of my posts this is what I am trying to explain that along with China there is nothing wrong improving relations with Russia.

Man you took words out of my mouth. If you read all of my posts this is what I am trying to explain that along with China there is nothing wrong improving relations with Russia.

i think its not the point the thing which concern is that "Does Russia wants military relation with us or not" ?

i think its not the point the thing which concern is that "Does Russia wants military relation with us or not" ?

Hani Sahib:

It all depends on the idiots and corrupt people in power. If we could play our cards (which I have a doubt that weather we have any) right we could amend some of the political mess we have created in the past.

Baby Step 1 We should secure the future of JF-17 especially get a deal for power plant for JF-17. May be more reliable and powerful engine.

Hani Sahib:

It all depends on the idiots and corrupt people in power. If we could play our cards (which I have a doubt that weather we have any) right we could amend some of the political mess we have created in the past.

Baby Step 1 We should secure the future of JF-17 especially get a deal for power plant for JF-17. May be more reliable and powerful engine.
yep. self reliance is best option,
politically we are corrupt and we select corrupts.
economy is at its lowest ebb and without strong economy nothing is possible in present day world.

The current radar is missing the SAR mode..

IT does have a SAR mode, better then the one in Grifo-S

JF-17ThundersMMR.jpg

Hani Sahib:

As Nabil said earlier : The guys at PAF are quite happy with the RD-93, China guarantees its delivery and the PAF sees the WS-13 as perfect for future procurement !

As Nabil said earlier : The guys at PAF are quite happy with the RD-93, China guarantees its delivery and the PAF sees the WS-13 as perfect for future procurement !

The likeable thing about RD-93 is its maintainability and suitable performance, in medium thrust class, it is a good solution by default. Russia has no issues to sell it to Pakistan.

The likeable thing about RD-93 is its maintainability and suitable performance, in medium thrust class, it is a good solution by default. Russia has no issues to sell it to Pakistan.

But it restricts JF-17 to have a decent upgrade like a powerful radar, or having an IRST or having an retractable IFR or having an extra hardpoint or can't sustain the afterburner too long, so JF-17 will always operate at a TWR of 0.80-0.85

Question to Oscar,

i have heard we have put a lot of effort in this radar and are working on more modes of what is possibly an upgrade to the current KLJ-7 inhouse. I know not much can be revealed but is there any truth in this news? I have heard it twice now.

Some how we need to make JF-17 as potent as Grippen or better. Focuss should be on this as per my opinion. But I have not given up for twine power plant neither should PAF.

But khan Sahib if funds would permit the Future Acquisition don't you think we should go for someting like J11B +J10B if things could work out with Russia espcially after Putins up coming visit?

In coming years, no chance we can get Su-27s from Russia, China is a different story.

And personally i won't be favoring twin engine fighters looking at our geography and the potential enemy. Twin engine jets asks more manpower, takes maintenance time much more then what is spent on a single engine aircraft and costly to maintain.

Dont know if relevant to this thread or not..But for those keen on a comparison...can compare in detail this with JF-17

AIR_JAS-39_Gripen_Cutaway_lg.jpg

In coming years, no chance we can get Su-27s from Russia, China is a different story.

And personally i won't be favoring twin engine fighters looking at our geography and the potential enemy. Twin engine jets asks more manpower, takes maintenance time much more then what is spent on a single engine aircraft and costly to maintain.

Then what could be the solution for Rafales and MKI? I have been asking this ever since I joined this forum. I have been to F16.net and tried several different sources to see what comparable options do we have but could not get any satisfactory answer. Just my curiosity.

Another pro factor for the RD-93 is it's ability to adapt in quick situations.
It can respond to more thrust in less time, means a advantage in dog fight over WS-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom