What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly, there is no NATO reporting name for USAF jets, European made jets. Only the Russian jets have NATO reporting names.

F-16 Hud is a refractive HUD and the combiner is made up of a single piece of glass, which the image is projected straight onto. Thus allowing Imagery from sources such as LANTRIN to be laid onto the glass.
It is very likely that the Jf-17 is a Holographic HUD. The combiner actually has two pieces of glass stuck together, this is how the hologram is formed.

The F-16 HUD is also thicker..as it has to be able to withstand the wind pressure if the canopy comes off at high speeds.
The JF has a two piece canopy. so it can lose its rear part in a jettison and still protect the pilot.(although its HUD is still capable of providing some protection to the pilot in case of a birdstrike on the front canopy.

F-16 Hud is a refractive HUD and the combiner is made up of a single piece of glass, which the image is projected straight onto. Thus allowing Imagery from sources such as LANTRIN to be laid onto the glass.
It is very likely that the Jf-17 is a Holographic HUD. The combiner actually has two pieces of glass stuck together, this is how the hologram is formed.

The F-16 HUD is also thicker..as it has to be able to withstand the wind pressure if the canopy comes off at high speeds.
The JF has a two piece canopy. so it can lose its rear part in a jettison and still protect the pilot.(although its HUD is still capable of providing some protection to the pilot in case of a birdstrike on the front canopy.

But in case of a hologram, the focal point is disturbed no?

The vision gets blurred to the far point, so that the HUD can be seen clearly.

I don't if this issue has been raised before or not? Why has NATO not given a code name to JF-17?

Names to identify

In Bosnian War Pilots-Soldiers all Allys were distributed with booklets identifying Soviet-Serb equipment-names small/large of Air and Land assets by US-NATO and UN, I myself have couple of those foe identification booklets.

But in case of a hologram, the focal point is disturbed no?

The vision gets blurred to the far point, so that the HUD can be seen clearly.

Yup there are..
It is also possible that the JF may have a diffractive HUD.. which is free from all these issues.

Yup there are..
It is also possible that the JF may have a diffractive HUD.. which is free from all these issues.

So, any other A/C that has a HUD with 2 layers of glass?

What difference does it make?

Pros and Cons?

Fierce Dragon is best NATO has no time for names now they are looking for fuel and bread all over afghanistan :lol:
Yes! realli they don't have time and energy to look for the name to our JF-17 Thunder...cuz it realli gave them a thunder ......:woot:

Yes! realli they don't have time and energy to look for the name to our JF-17 Thunder...cuz it realli gave them a thunder ......:woot:
I guess U forgot to mention the only most wanted Item by them......Guess what..????
The correct Answer is the "TISSUE PAPER"......
Man they can't do anything without it....They can't even take a Sh*t.......:eek:

Man I feel sorry ...I guess Pakistan sholdn't be so cruel . It can stop anything to them but not the "Tissue Paper"...they shold let it go to them at least....:smokin:

wrong they already learn how to use stones for this job . afghans teach them abut it :rofl:

I did not calculate the numbers - they are given by the Swiss http://www.news.admin.ch/NSBSubscriber/message/attachments/25029.pdf.

Where Does 320m/s come from?

My thinking with the Swiss numbers is: If they gave the Raffy as >250m/s, why would they mislead and and give the EF as >200m/s if it also is also greater than 250m/s?

I could be wrong but ... ...

2a640hv.jpg

Absolutely wrong sir,I never expected such a mistake plus i dont know the credibility of this website.
According to BAE systems the climb rate of Typhoon is 62,000 ft. per minute now when we divide 62,000ft./60s it gives = 1033.33 ft/s which equals 314.8 m/s.The figures shown in this screen shot are absolutely wrong.

Absolutely wrong sir,I never expected such a mistake plus i dont know the credibility of this website.
According to BAE systems the climb rate of Typhoon is 62,000 ft. per minute now when we divide 62,000ft./60s it gives = 1033.33 ft/s which equals 314.8 m/s.The figures shown in this screen shot are absolutely wrong.

You could be right ... ... there is a lot of questions and discussions about the "released"/leaked info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom