What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2my8zl1.jpg

A recent rumor (March 2011) suggested that an improved version with a stealth optimized forward fuselage (diamond-shaped nose cross section?) is being developed. A prototype may have been flying. A further improved version (JF-17A/JF-17 Block 2?) featuring an AESA radar, IRST and IFR probe and a two-seat trainer version (JF-17B?) are thought to has been proposed and likely be under development as well.
- Last Updated 11/27/11

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force[/QUOTE]

I dont understand where is AESA & IRST comes in again n again ...COAF himself has confirmed during dubai air show n afterwards that KLJ-7 (PD) radar with improved capabilites shall be installed on Block II .....
also Block II incorporates the IFR probe but NO IRST is present as of now .....

Based on his numbers on this videos he says "$80m-$90m" and JF-17 costing 1/3 =$26.7m with rounds up to $27m per plane

Cost per hour he say 45,000Euros for other fighters = $60,000 based on today's rate. JF-17 costs $20,000/hr to operate.
Man Thats really Cheap

30633_22816.jpg

f16_full-e1268178026531.jpg

Compare the cockpit of JF-17 Block 1 to F-16 Block 60. Im not saying JFT is better but note some differences. What exactly is that green thing on the F-16 Hud? Will JFT Block 2 have this upgrade?

that green thing on the hud of the f-16 is the same thing as in jft blk 1 except it is more greener

30633_22816.jpg

f16_full-e1268178026531.jpg

Compare the cockpit of JF-17 Block 1 to F-16 Block 60. Im not saying JFT is better but note some differences. What exactly is that green thing on the F-16 Hud? Will JFT Block 2 have this upgrade?
Difference in Pics nothing more jft already has green hud f16 hud is on and thunders is off simple is that:lol:

I dont understand where is AESA & IRST comes in again n again ...COAF himself has confirmed during dubai air show n afterwards that KLJ-7 (PD) radar with improved capabilites shall be installed on Block II .....
also Block II incorporates the IFR probe but NO IRST is present as of now

I guess we will have two versions of JF-17 block II one will incorporate AESA and the other will not .....:smokin:

Difference in Pics nothing more jft already has green hud f16 hud is on and thunders is off simple is that:lol:
its night vision hud u will found it in night even in jf17 its actually off nothing to worry

I don't if this issue has been raised before or not? Why has NATO not given a code name to JF-17?

How about JF-17 Fraction (of a cost)

Good point there PDF Shurtah, what is the NATO name for the JF-17, thunder?

Name should begin with a F and should have 2 syllables.

Maybe

JF-17 Fatwa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom