What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind a agree, only the face of panther is enough.. but why do we have 10-113 serial as black spider and panther?

I kind a agree, only the face of panther is enough.. but why do we have 10-113 serial as black spider and panther?

Its old allotment was to 26 Sqn...now after sending 12 a/c to 26 Sqn, Peshawar this one is allotted to 16 Sqn based at Kamra.

Whats the logic behind so huge size low-viz markings? Griffins/Arrows used to have similar markings along the tail till 90s...but this one is too much larger in size.

Can you post a close up of the tail only.

Whats the logic behind so huge size low-viz markings? Griffins/Arrows used to have similar markings along the tail till 90s...but this one is too much larger in size.

Its new fshion i think, IDAF F16s too have tail markings like these which span whole of the tail. IIRC i have seen a pic of new PAF block 52 f-16 with such a huge marking. I will post it as soon as i find it .

why did they assign this aircraft to an another squadron?
black spiders had a strength of 14 aircrafts, and so that means they decreased it to 13 or maybe 12.....????

A PS pic 99.99%

Just saw 4 JF-17s taking off from the Peshawar Air base and then doing a fly-by over Peshawar.

squadron strength varies from 12 to 18 depending on availability of aircraft

i saw animated images posted by chinese friends, which had several such designs -- some1 pasted one such logo on our jf17

Great news mashAllah!!
Does this 16 Squadron consist of Mirages, as Thunders are supposed to replace them?:unsure:

PAFsNo26SquadronBlackSpiders.jpg

First I don't think it is REAL, it is a PS.
But if it is real then it is simply a remarkable piece of Art.
i am really sick of rounded Sqn. Logos. in early 90's PAF f-16 had such type of large Sqn Marking of Griffins and Arrows.
Pakistan%20Airforce%20Exercise%20-%20April%202010(1).jpg

F-16_griffin_4.jpg

But later painted round like normal Sqn markings.
F-16B_PAF_82604-01.jpg

Recently Jf-17 Sqn. 26 and F-16 block 52 Sqn.5 appeared to have large Sqn Marking ONCE AGAIN.
5252547058_76522bfe76.jpg

getAsset.aspx

Which looks a lot better, modern and stylish then OLD LOOKING ROUNDED MARKINGS.

Guys, a question, is the upper g limit +8 or +8.5? I've read both these numbers consistently throughout JFT's history..

Actually the whole G variable is debatable. Let me try to help you. The computer (FBW) is limiting the pilots moves. You can set at any G parameter but is does not say that, without the restrictions, whether you can pull that as maximum. During wartime these limits are altered so you can override or reset it to higher G's. Most European F16's have 9 G's as peacetime variable. Only Belgian F16's can do 11. The effect of the setting is directly related to maintenance. The more G's you pull the more you need to check and repair. So probably the peace time setting for JF17 is 8.5. Surely it can do more and we do not what is set during wartime. Whether 8.5 is a lot? I do not hear anyone complain about F18's. Same setting. And does it make extremely difference? Well, since the BVR and WVR can go up to 40G's and probably getting better (and with better sensors and HMS) you should focus on that rather then being able to do .5 G's more. And do remember that pulling G's is requiring awful lot of engine power. Something that is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom