What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that in the long term, it pays to “get it right first time”, i.e. be able to use composites from the start. However, time and money being limited and risk management (technical) going with fewer or no composites, and then learn and improve gradually is not a bad strategy.

I also can see why they would what to substitute high stress areas with composites first. These high stress areas will have larger therefore heavier structural members. By replacing a few of these you save a lot of weight and some maintenance costs as these member tend to need more hours during maintenance and replacement. Composites will mean they are lighter and require less replacement intervals.

A lot also depend on what type of composites are available

I wanted to use Carbon fibre/glass fibre in one of my uni projects, when I contacted a teacher he simply said "You have to import it"

A lot also depend on what type of composites are available

I wanted to use Carbon fibre/glass fibre in one of my uni projects, when I contacted a teacher he simply said "You have to import it"

There is a capability to make CF locally.. but is currently imported from China.

There is a capability to make CF locally.. but is currently imported from China.

From China. Where? Plz tell me. (for my project)

Right now Karachi is where these composites arrive so of course they are not from China

Carbon Fibers and Glass fibres are in use for a long long time. But still local production of composites is not near good. (talking about those use in Automotive industry)

Composite is a very interesting industry (lot of students including me want to work in it). But right now in Pakistan I cant see Government or any industrialist interested in it.

Here is a UV detection system being used to detection an RPG launch. Very effective - see how it practically saturates the sensor in some shits.

169189i.jpg

34grred.jpg

]These are the aircrafts from newly built 2 full strength squadrons being built up at peshawa[/B]r.They are to be inducted in PAf in march or April.The total no will go to 42 and next bach will be with western avionics

Abhay nai yaar, some of these Aircrafts were built in China for PAF, and a few of them has been built in Kamra. They don't build Aircraft at Peshawar Airbase but only 2 squadrons to be stationed here.

I'm quite thrilled by seeing these ACs today and I hope these beauties should get some hunting food in the near future - in the form of shooting those bloody drones.

We were to get JF-17s for Second Sqad. by the end of March this year. The pictures may prove it, these are they new crafts. Well done poster.

Abhay nai yaar, some of these Aircrafts were built in China for PAF, and a few of them has been built in Kamra. They don't build Aircraft at Peshawar Airbase but only 2 squadrons to be stationed here.

I'm quite thrilled by seeing these ACs today and I hope these beauties should get some hunting food in the near future - in the form of shooting those bloody drones.

He said squadrons being built up in Peshawar, not aircraft.

well im sorry if this has been posted before but seriously u should look at how biased this is
:devil::devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on need..
Composites arent a magic bullet.. but they are effective at reducing construction costs int the long run..and lighter than the equivalent alloy construction.
I have tried explaining this to our LCA (coming not so soon) fans many years ago.
The use of composite help more in production speed, quality rather than any thing else.

So while the economy of scale tips in the balance of the JF-17 today.. lets say vis-a-vis the LCA.. ten years down the line.. the LCA will be a more cost effective aircraft since it will need less redesign compared to the JF when the composites are introduced into the JF.
I fail to understand your wise words but assuming you are saying TEJA will be in production after 10 years!
OK fine... but TEJA need serious upgrades in its airframe and they learned about their deficiencies from the development of JFT and the final product will be any thing but TEJA... in real world after 10 years TEJA can be only found in museum.
So no need to compare TEJA with JFT ... btw... LCA,MCA,MMRCA is no name it is catagory and it shall only be used when the project is in papers.
From what Ive heard on the grapevine.. Composites are being restricted to the areas taking the most stress..
the wings.. and the Elevators..
With the LERX coming up next.
Well this also depends... on application of composites, but certainly not necessarily restricted to the stress areas.

I have tried explaining this to our LCA (coming not so soon) fans many years ago.
The use of composite help more in production speed, quality rather than any thing else.

I fail to understand your wise words but assuming you are saying TEJA will be in production after 10 years!
OK fine... but TEJA need serious upgrades in its airframe and they learned about their deficiencies from the development of JFT and the final product will be any thing but TEJA... in real world after 10 years TEJA can be only found in museum.
So no need to compare TEJA with JFT ... btw... LCA,MCA,MMRCA is no name it is catagory and it shall only be used when the project is in papers.

Well this also depends... on application of composites, but certainly not necessarily restricted to the stress areas.

Ask the Indians.. they are the ones talking about a Mk2.. If it was upto me.. Id halt the damn thing.. and start on the MCA.. that will be THE jet.
The Tejas will be in service in 2020.. in whatever form. there will be less logistical support needed.. as composites degrade less compared to sheet metal.

Again..the composites arent a magic bullet.. so using them in areas that suffer the most stress(and are most likely in need of refurbish or repair) means reducing the logistical cost. By swamping a jet with composites the costs skyrocket.. and the gain isnt as much as expected.
Unless you started off with composites in the first place.. its best to integrate them when needed.

Ask the Indians.. they are the ones talking about a Mk2.. If it was upto me.. Id halt the damn thing.. and start on the MCA.. that will be THE jet.
The Tejas will be in service in 2020.. in whatever form. there will be less logistical support needed.. as composites degrade less compared to sheet metal.

Again..the composites arent a magic bullet.. so using them in areas that suffer the most stress(and are most likely in need of refurbish or repair) means reducing the logistical cost. By swamping a jet with composites the costs skyrocket.. and the gain isnt as much as expected.
Unless you started off with composites in the first place.. its best to integrate them when needed.
ja

Tejas are already in service.8 LCA's have been inducted into the IAF .FOC will be achieved in 1 year.MK2 will be inducted in 2017.Unit cost of mk2 will be 45 million USD.whereas JFT mk2 will cost only $ 21 million GOOD things cost a lot of money!!:cheers::cheers:

ja

Tejas are already in service.8 LCA's have been inducted into the IAF .FOC will be achieved in 1 year.MK2 will be inducted in 2017.Unit cost of mk2 will be 45 million USD.whereas JFT mk2 will cost only $ 21 million GOOD things cost a lot of money!!:cheers::cheers:

link for the induction of 8? and what is the current production rate/month for TEJA?

What is mk2?

Before jumping out of your skin, tell us how did you assume those standard prices?

It is the only way for the Indians like Shiv to show ht their product is better. I have been frequently reading BRF and honestly it is pretty much filled with crap and nationalism. Being proud is ok but degrading others with racial remarks and posting hardly any facts is the usual way of posting there. Anyone with basic aircraft knowledge will tell you that the the conventional delta is outdated.

JF-17-Thunder-PAF-Base-Minhas-large.jpg

The very first JF-17 Thunder aircraft is shown taking off from PAF Base Minhas, Kamra. JF-17 is a joint production of Pakistan and China. It is an all weather multi-role aircraft. This particular aircraft is painted in special scheme of Pak-China flag to express the great friendship between the both countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom