What's new

JF-17 Thunder as a replacement for Moroccan F-5 & F-1 fleet?

A bit Off Topic, but @Andalusi Knight , may I ask you to introduce PDF to a few more Moroccan brothers? We feel we do not have enough people from Maghreb.

Sure, I will work on inviting my friends and introduce them to PDF by now.. You will have enough of us soon, we spread like fire hehe

Thank you so much akhi Aeronaut for your welcoming, and Eidkum Mubarak as well, with all the good wishes and all success to your Great Nation, and believe me, I'm the most happy for joining this Forum, until now, I learned a lots about you, I've been surfing and going through your Navy and Land Army, and to be honest with you, it's a major loss for the Moroccan Army not to cooperate with you, except Khalid Tanks and the JF-17 in the near future, I assume there's no additional deals were made between Morocco and Pakistan, and we don't doubt at all, if you asks us for our soul we won't think twice about it..

I read once about the F-20 Tigershark, and I was looking for more information about it on Wikipedia, and I wasn't amazed knowing this aircraft never saw light, because I've never heard of it before being used by a country Air Forces..

I can see that the JF-17 would be the best replacement for the granny, especially after attaching the chart, that shows the difference between the best upgrade of F-5 who wasn't produced, and between the JF-17 Block 1, I only hope the RMAF will make a good decision when comes to the best replacement for the F-5, and JF-17 isn't only better, but the best offer we have on table, comparing to the pricing, and to the industrial cooperation that would open us gates, and turn with profits on our Nations both

I truly appreciate your reply, and I only wish if the Geography was fair to us having you next by, because as you can see, Algeria who's beside us can't be trusted, and I wish you nothing but the success and glory..

Dumta fi R'eayati Allah akhi L'ghali :)

Thank you for your kind words. I would look forward to have further debates with you on this forum.

In regards to the F-20, it was a brilliant aircraft that never saw production because the US Air Force desired the F-16 more than the F-20, even though the F-20 did meet the F-16 in many parameters, defeated it in maneuverability and agility (yes defeated the F-16), however the USAF desired the F-16s better and i think it was the right decision at that time. The US politics was the real reason which killed the tigershark because they didn't allow this aircraft to be exported to a few countries which had a detrimental impact on the program.

Sure, I will work on inviting my friends and introduce them to PDF by now.. You will have enough of us soon, we spread like fire hehe

We always favour quality members.

Please introduce yourself to our members by creating a new thread in this section.

Members Introduction

Thank you for your kind words. I would look forward to have further debates with you on this forum.

In regards to the F-20, it was a brilliant aircraft that never saw production because the US Air Force desired the F-16 more than the F-20, even though the F-20 did meet the F-16 in many parameters, defeated it in maneuverability and agility (yes defeated the F-16), however the USAF desired the F-16s better and i think it was the right decision at that time. The US politics was the real reason which killed the tigershark because they didn't allow this aircraft to be exported to a few countries which had a detrimental impact on the program.

We always favour quality members.

Please introduce yourself to our members by creating a new thread in this section.

Members Introduction

You're most welcome, and I'm looking forward having debates with you, with a pleasure !

About the F-20, I'm short when comes to the difference in between, and we all see the reason in the American decision back then, the F-16 has a history, and won't take them efforts to work on it marketing, as the F-16s who're globally the most wanted..

Working on the F-16 was a great deal, because in order to work on the F-20, doesn't matter who defeats the other, they will need to withdraw, somehow, the F-16 from their stocks, in order to have profits and go through the F-20 program, because I don't think it would be wise from them to keep them both, especially if the F-20 defeats the F-16s..

And I promise, I will drive a quality Moroccan members to your forum, I just contacted three groups where I'm subscribed, so it's a matter of time..

And I just created my thread introducing myself to PDF

@Andalusi Knight

It would be a good idea to introduce yourself here: Members Introduction

Sure, I just introduced myself to your community

He's a link to the thread: Salamu Alaykum PDF <3

Guys I am already discussing it on the JF-17 thread. My intention for starting a thread in the Arab Defense Section was to get input from someone from the region. Let us hear from someone from Morrocco.

Sir jee i am not Morocon, but wanna go there to visit does that count.

i'm talking about starter kits..not 29Ks..these aircrafts are warbirds which are proven. the missiles, radars are proven in another aircraft to this aircraft fight. jf17 is not. it says on wiki that jf17 is a derivation from F7 with a cheaper version of the j10 avionics package and same missiles.

the advantages of choosing a basic version of a mig29 or a su30 mkms will be many more compared to jf17 as a matter of fact. if the russians offer them a good deal, they would choose these birds anyday. the whole point here being if and good deal.

why am i saying russian planes ? most of these deals and upgrades and new birds for AF kinda news revolve around replacing the mig21 variants. worldwide. how jf17 came to be.

point is, these guys have dealt with russians and flown their plane. F7 was a mig21 after all. the russians have better chance at retaining the mig21 customers. compared to the chinese.

Proven to be no match for the western aircraft. The only thing Mig-29's have achieved over the years is humiliation and defeat. Why you think a county would consider the Migs despite their extremely poor combat record is just beyond me!

P.S. The Chinese have a much better history of maintaining their version of 'Russian' origin Jets and their industry has grown to the point where all that they are really depended on Russia is generally the Jet Engine. And that will not carry for too long either. In other words, it would be foolish to discount the Chinese and their 'offers'.

our wish list to sell JF is very long , but i know that none of our Arab brother will ever buy this plane .
Why so? The JF-17 is one of the most cost effective planes in the world. For $15 - $20 million, there's plenty of bang for the buck in the Thunder, which translates to cost of 1 x F-35 Lightning = 6 x JF-17 Thunders.

Why so? The JF-17 is one of the most cost effective planes in the world. For $15 - $20 million, there's plenty of bang for the buck in the Thunder, which translates to cost of 1 x F-35 Lightning = 6 x JF-17 Thunders.

Good in a Hi-Lo mix as the Lo part. Good for middle tier air-forces or lower tier air forces who want an edge over rivals.

arabs wants west " Maal " ...

Ahleen fik Akhi, I appreciate your welcoming..

I totally agree with you, in order to strike the Spanish and Algerian threat, it's necessary to have a LR/HA Air Defense System, because what I believe is the French would never give a full option Rafale to Morocco, with it full arming record..

So when comes back to the Air Defense System to counter the Spanish/Algerian superiority, the S-300 is for sure out of the list, because Algeria own it already, and a year ago General Bennani was in China for the second round, to see what about HQ-9, and I since that time, there's no news anymore, the Moroccan Army is so strange when comes to this, full of secrets, so nobody knows if HQ-9 already exists in Morocco or not, and when comes to the Aster-30 SAMP-T, it's used by the Moroccan Royal Navy, if I'm not wrong in a Frigate that was bought from France, but I don't know which one exactly..

So comparing these three, the S-300 is the best of the three, the second is HQ-9 and the 3rd is the Aster-30 SAMP-T, so I assume is there's no S-400, the HQ-9 is a better choice, and I most notice, that the King Mohammed VI will visit Russia soon, and you never know what the meeting will bring us..

Eidek Mubarak Akhi, I appreciate so much my Brother, wishing to you all the best !!

It's a Question how the US see an order of HQ-9 by Morocco, Turkey have shortlistet HQ-9 on the first Place to built up an LR - HA SAM Network but it comes so much Pressure from the US to not an order !

The Frigate Morocco ordered from France is a FREMM Type, it's eqippt with Aster 15 SAM with a Range up to 30 KM ! The moroccan FREMM have only limited AAW Capabillities and it's main duty is ASW ! With Aster 30 and other Radars optimized for AAW Duty Morocco had one Frigate with similar Capabillities like the spanisch Alvaro de Bazan DDG !

About RMAF in General we can talk in this Thread !

Royal Moroccan Armed Forces | Page 16

I don't understand this continuous reference to Spain,Morocco won't ever go to war with them unless it has a suicide wish.

I don't understand this continuous reference to Spain,Morocco won't ever go to war with them unless it has a suicide wish.

It mean not that Morocco should declare War to Spain or should take back enclaves Ceuta and Melilla by using Military Power. Morocco must to be Prepared if some events go out of Control ! In the near of the Canary Island as well in spanish and moroccan Waters Oil and Gas is discovered.

British-Turkish Genel Energy confirmed the presence of Oil in Morocco but has yet to say if it is commercial or Not
By Staff member
In National
Mar 12th, 2014

Photo Credits: Genel Energy

British -Turkish oil exploration company, Genel Energy, “confirmed” the presence of oil at the Juby Maritime 1 license between Tan-Tan and Tarfaya, but has yet to say if the oil discovered is commercial or not.

A statement from the company read:

“We started our first offshore drilling in January 2014. Currently, we are at a depth of 3,100 meters at the well Cap Juby . It remains to be drilled 600 meters to reach our target depth. So far, we have confirmed the presence of oil in this area,”

British-Turkish Genel Energy confirmed the presence of Oil in Morocco but has yet to say if it is commercial or Not - The Moroccan Times

Here moroccan Marketeer try to Cross the Border to Ceuta to sell their goods, but spanish Guardia Civil let them not go in ! In the worst Case such event could go out of Control !

Last edited:
It's a Question how the US see an order of HQ-9 by Morocco, Turkey have shortlistet HQ-9 on the first Place to built up an LR - HA SAM Network but it comes so much Pressure from the US to not an order !

The Frigate Morocco ordered from France is a FREMM Type, it's eqippt with Aster 15 SAM with a Range up to 30 KM ! The moroccan FREMM have only limited AAW Capabillities and it's main duty is ASW ! With Aster 30 and other Radars optimized for AAW Duty Morocco had one Frigate with similar Capabillities like the spanisch Alvaro de Bazan DDG !

About RMAF in General we can talk in this Thread !

Royal Moroccan Armed Forces | Page 16

Ahlen akhi

When comes to the Morocco ordering the HQ-9, US have nothing to say, only if they have a better offer, and they can't put any pressures on Morocco, the quite contrary, Morocco can pressure US to have any weapon desired

I will explain this to you, because as I can see from your replies, you're not missing anything, especially the news which I'm fascinated..

Remember, the King Hassan II protected the Jews of Morocco the time they were exhausted by European Christians, and by the Nazi especially, he did that for a reason, because the Jews are too powerful when comes to finances, he opened them the gates to go and have a life in USA, and that was the secret of the Moroccan progress, whenever something happen, or about to happen, these Moroccan Jews, who owns today the biggest companies, and who supports the Congressman, are simply a Lobby who're loyal to their Origin, so that the secret, why USA dropped the request in the UN, after they wanted to extend the rules and permission of MINURSO, the next day Morocco was absolutely upset, and canceled the coming of US Marines for trainings in Morocco with the Moroccan Royal Army, and the King sent a high quality of businessman to Russia, and before their return to Morocco, Russia offered to Morocco a submarine, next day the US President took the lady who came with the request out of her position and put somebody else, and he apologized to Morocco, so that shows you how the Pressures can be, especially that we have Saudi Arabia and the Golf that support Morocco unconditionally, and Russia who's always giving offers to Morocco, because they want to take the US role in Morocco.. So the whole subject is way bigger then USA itself, as I said, nothing they can do, except putting a better offer on our table..

And when comes to the Frigate, from that side, you must know that the Marines has a big share, because they're renewing everything, somehow it was neglected, due the high expenses, and what made them taking care of the Marines, is the Algerian Marines overwhelming, and Spain as well..

So when comes to the Aster-15, as we all know, there's another product with a higher range, I think it's Aster-30, seriously I don't know why the Aster-15, but maybe it's possible to be modified later, or because if they would ask for another one, with higher range, France wouldn't accept, there's something behind this Frigate as I believe, and even in the Moroccan groups, we can't get to the point, we all expect for surprises as we used to be surprised by them..

Back
Top Bottom