What's new

JF-17 Completes 10,000 Sorties

blk 2 will be more like putting the terms back in balance because when inducted by next year, technically it will be the most advanced PAF fighter till FC-20 comes in.

Nabil,

What are the details on FC-20? Seems like we have lost it in the fuzzy of JF-17 updates recently.

Point me to a link, i don't want to derail this thread here.

It seems that the JF-17 has already mixed it with some of the top notch fighter aircraft, having DACT with F-16s is no surprise but most remarkably, the Thunder has been involved in mock combat with the likes of EF Typhoon, this info disclosed by none other than Alan Warnes. !!

Courtsey: Qasibir

Would love to have more details please!

i agree with u but thunder differs from the falcon beacause F-16 was one of the best air crafts in the world right from the very beginning.it had some new systems like complete FBW flight controls ,unstable design,high thrust to wt ratio,extreme agility etc.thunder on the other hand cant compete with falcon in this aspect.block 2 will be a gud air craft but how it will be compared to latest stealth fighters like raptor,F-35,J-20 n pak fa.

Comeon you are comparing two different generations... F22, J20, F35 and PAK FA are fifth generation aircrafts, how can you compare them with a fourth generation aircraft?.... Brother Windy is explaining the evaluation of a program, precisely a fourth generation platform (F16) that gradually received more and more advancement ... Need not to remind you JFT is a light weight MR aircraft hailing from fourth generation category and same is true for F16.

Not much you can do when your chute doesn't open, or the back up one.

Yes, but those are precisely details I would look for in the investigation, starting from the packing of the chutes to pre-flight custodial checks, and correlated with the attitude information at the time of ejection.

how so ?? No disrespect to the plane, but will appreciate some more thoughts other than jingoistic one liners which dont have any substance?
how can you expect form him, he is not competent enough to talk with facts. I belive he does not have the technical knowledge to understand the ABC of aircrafts.

I don't think JF17 has a reliable ejection seat. After all its Chinese made.

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE'S JF-17 THUNDER COMPLETES 10,000 SORTIES

Pakistan Air Force's Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood has said that airforces around the world are looking to replace their ancient Russian MiG-21s, MiG-23s, American Northrop F-5s and French Mirage-III/V wit forth generation fighter jets and total market is for over 4000 aircraft.

Air Commodore who is the deputy chief project director of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet programme has said, "There is no plane that gives this much capability at this cost."

Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood informed the media that JF-17 Thunder as already completed 10,000 sorties in Pakistani service. He added that two squadrons of JF-17 are fully active with the air force and third is in process of being equipped with the thunder and it will be activated in the coming months.

According to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.

Read more: Pakistan Air Force's JF-17 Thunder Completes 10,000 Sorties ~ Pakistan Military Review

One crash after 10,000 sorties and that too due to a bird strike speaks volumes for Thunder's reliability. :pakistan:

Excellent track record for a new platform. The greatest benefit of JF-17 is the transfer of technology and Pakistan's self reliance in producing its own jets. Accidents will happen at a normal attrition rate.

I can tell you from personal experience and knowledge that almost 90% of accidents are attritibuted to Pilot's error and nothing to do with the aircrafts. This means that the aircrafts are a lot more reliable than people.

The pilot error can be controlled by better supervision and training. The aircraft issues can be resolved with better maintenance.
:cool:

Excellent track record for a new platform. The greatest benefit of JF-17 is the transfer of technology and Pakistan's self reliance in producing its own jets. Accidents will happen at a normal attrition rate.

I can tell you from personal experience and knowledge that almost 90% of accidents are attritibuted to Pilot's error and nothing to do with the aircrafts. This means that the aircrafts are a lot more reliable than people.

The pilot error can be controlled by better supervision and training. The aircraft issues can be resolved with better maintenance.
:cool:

Touch wood, the crash happened over a year ago.....let's hope and prey this year ends incident free for the JFT.

I don't think JF17 has a reliable ejection seat. After all its Chinese made.

Sir, twenty seven years ago owing to a high ejection seat failures of F-6's , Pakistan Air Force decided to replace ejection seats with American " Martin Baker " Ejection Seats on all existing Chinese planes (1974). Since then it has been a standard practice to use only American manufactured "Martin Baker" Ejection Seats on all PAF fighter aircrafts even those coming out of China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom