What's new

JF-17 Completes 10,000 Sorties

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PAKISTAN AIR FORCE'S JF-17 THUNDER COMPLETES 10,000 SORTIES

Pakistan Air Force's Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood has said that airforces around the world are looking to replace their ancient Russian MiG-21s, MiG-23s, American Northrop F-5s and French Mirage-III/V wit forth generation fighter jets and total market is for over 4000 aircraft.

Air Commodore who is the deputy chief project director of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet programme has said, "There is no plane that gives this much capability at this cost."

Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood informed the media that JF-17 Thunder as already completed 10,000 sorties in Pakistani service. He added that two squadrons of JF-17 are fully active with the air force and third is in process of being equipped with the thunder and it will be activated in the coming months.

According to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.

Read more: Pakistan Air Force's JF-17 Thunder Completes 10,000 Sorties ~ Pakistan Military Review

One crash after 10,000 sorties and that too due to a bird strike speaks volumes for Thunder's reliability. :pakistan:

For a new platform, i would say that's a land mark achievement. :)

You always get to the crux of the matter, I salute you sir.
salute.gif

When did that single crash happened????? me surprized to read that??? when and where?

One crash after 10,000 sorties and that too due to a bird strike speaks volumes for Thunder's reliability.
Was that confirmed ? Damn you birdie !

One crash after 10,000 sorties and that too due to a bird strike speaks volumes for Thunder's reliability.[/COLOR][/I] :pakistan:

I was looking at that but was going to hold back on gthe discussion until we get more info ... ... and also a single event is not very reliable to form a statistic.

The info online says the Gripen had done 150,000 hours in March 2011 with 6 airframes lost. That is 25,000 hours per crash.

The 10,000 hours given for the Thunder are for the inservice fleet. I.e. just the 38 or 40 planes in the PAF. That excludes the development hours in China. I would like an estimate of that. Even if we say 2,500 (I don't have a clue), they we have 12,500 hours per crash.

How does that compare with other planes? I need to find out.

Gripen had an early loss at Paris Airshow. How manys hours had it flown by then?

Thanks.

ejection are most reliable martin baker ones..i think reason might have been high velocity and low altitude..

It was suppose to be 10000 sorties without incident-

i heard the plane had a technical problem so it crashed- who said about bird strike?-

Let's wait for the investigation matters and conclusion by official statements later. At this moment, we don't know the whole reasons. The detail report will be available within two months or so.

Parachute not working in this state of the art JF-17, serious?

I don't know the details, but keep in mind that failures of an ejection system are very rare... things like the ejection sequence not going properly, or a parachute not opening. Unfortunately far from rare are ejections initiated outside of a safe envelope. No ejection seat can save you if things like sink rate, airspeed, and attitude, are not within tolerances, within a safe envelope.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom