What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Please leave your hunch in the random box called "wild guesses". Block III is finalised and 2 units are built for testing right now ....
Where are these aircraft? Have you seen any glimpse? Apart from the maiden flight of proto-type, we do not have any evidence.

PAC AMF is currently busy in producing Bs for PAF and As and Bs for other air forces.

All are block 2 version.

Yes, production schedule as stated by PAF top leadership in early 2018 and 2019 that first Block 3s will be inducted in 2020. Almost half of September is already gone and yet no glimpse......

PAF is seeking avionics, EW/ECM package which should be able to counter threats beyond India. (Israel is involving too much)

Entering and sticking to CPEC is one the biggest challenges Pakistan is facing in the current geopolitical scenario.

PAF might have finalized the package in the past but there is a possibility of stoppage of delivery specially if the package contains European products.

So I am justified to share my "hunch". Unless you have "Insider" who had seen the two aircraft hidden in some underground bunker, please do not say to leave my "hunch" in the random box called "wild guesses"

So JF-17 Block III is using Russian EW/ECM suit????

We are talking about MaAWS/RWR. Speaking of EW/ECM, Block-III will be having the most affective package ahead of Block-II that had already proven it's worth. PAF has already decided and in fact, we are moving ahead with other things. A home-grown solution with the help of friend(s), is no less than a surprise. The reason why Professionals are confident with package at hand and by the time, it will enhance the capability. I am certain that those guys at Kamra and other offices, are in real business.

Not great. The Russian optronics industry is severely neglected, like the rest of their aerospace industry. A lack of money lead to a lack of innovation which lead to them having to import things like FCS/ Thermal Sights for their T90's etc

Who said anything being bought? We do have few laboratories to come up with our own product and may be with the help of friendly nation. One thing is clear that PAF is not pursuing all the routes with off the shelf solutions. Most of business is done with self reliance and indigenous planning. Anyone can make the guess. Just that we don't have marketing mentality, public will think that nothing progressed at all. Who on the Earth will ever advertise about production of AESA Radar by PAC. Electronics to ECM and linking language, that's a whole different but untold world. Let the enemies do the hard work and spend themselves with everything to search and know it all. I believe that nothing should ever come out on Internet, making it easier for the rivals to gather information. I also believe in confusion for them and enjoy riots in their ranks.

Cheers

Where are these aircraft? Have you seen any glimpse? Apart from the maiden flight of proto-type, we do not have any evidence.

PAC AMF is currently busy in producing Bs for PAF and As and Bs for other air forces.

All are block 2 version.

Yes, production schedule as stated by PAF top leadership in early 2018 and 2019 that first Block 3s will be inducted in 2020. Almost half of September is already gone and yet no glimpse......

PAF is seeking avionics, EW/ECM package which should be able to counter threats beyond India. (Israel is involving too much)

Entering and sticking to CPEC is one the biggest challenges Pakistan is facing in the current geopolitical scenario.

PAF might have finalized the package in the past but there is a possibility of stoppage of delivery specially if the package contains European products.

So I am justified to share my "hunch". Unless you have "Insider" who had seen the two aircraft hidden in some underground bunker, please do not say to leave my "hunch" in the random box called "wild guesses"
by december 2020 you will have two block 3s ready..this is what the official time table is..
complete induction/serial production wont happen until end of 2021, with plan to produce just 8 during 2021..this means that the serial production will probably start in second half of the year i.e after july 2020.
this also means you might find minor changes in second and third prototype/prebatch production

the above is official time line, i dont see any reason why there would be a delay in above time line, as we have plenty of time and PAF seems to be ahead of ABOVE schedule

2020 is the years of Bs rather then block III
i think alot of work needs to be done in streamline the Bs since it is very much likley that they will replace the FT-7s and become the effective LIFT aircraft for pakistan.

ITAR. Having critical components be ITAR controlled is a terrible idea, they also limit export potential. The JF-17 shines in this because no export controls determine its sale or use.
Very true
We avoided the risk of trade ban and blackmail of the west.
A customised western engine from say GE or P&W might have been good but Russian engine has worked well with JF17
Chinese replacement will take the platform even further

by december 2020 you will have two block 3s ready..this is what the official time table is..
complete induction/serial production wont happen until end of 2021, with plan to produce just 8 during 2021..this means that the serial production will probably start in second half of the year i.e after july 2020.
this also means you might find minor changes in second and third prototype/prebatch production

the above is official time line, i dont see any reason why there would be a delay in above time line, as we have plenty of time and PAF seems to be ahead of ABOVE schedule
I want to assume a positive reason for delay. Which maybe to test and integrate improved subsystems into the third block or awaiting availability of something better say incorporating according to 27Feb 19 experience

Any delay due to unforeseen circumstances is unavoidable but understandable

This is the official timeline for Block-3.

2020: x2
2021: x12
2022: x12
2023: x12
2024: x12

This is the official timeline for Block-3.

2020: x2
2021: x12
2022: x12
2023: x12
2024: x12
I beleive tje number 12 can be ramped up to atleast 16. 12 seems to be a conservative estimate
I want to assume a positive reason for delay. Which maybe to test and integrate improved subsystems into the third block or awaiting availability of something better say incorporating according to 27Feb 19 experience

Any delay due to unforeseen circumstances is unavoidable but understandable
Real question is whether rd93 ma will come into block 3 or not.
Rd93 ma will be a game changer with respect to safety, endurance, dry thrust and range basically its a 15% improvement in all these domains

Back
Top Bottom