What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

With Pak and Turkey both marching on in the field of fighter jet technologies, I hope for more collaboration between the two...specially on TFX if possible.

As for JF17 Block 3...according to one member here, it has had major design modification(the single seat version)...personally I can't wait for a sneak peak.

I think Block III is the starting point of Project Azm

Its design was not mean to match the heavy weight fighter like su-30 or rafale . its a light weight fighter to replace all mirage and F-7 fighter from PAF inventory and give a decent fighter in affordable price . what should we expect in upcoming Block III is having more range,more loitering time better electronics and of course a AESA Radar etc . multiple weapon rack might be a option too for carrying more A2A missile and ground attack munition

You need to do some basic research before posting nonsense. As per the Project Director, who is a former PAF Chief and a million times more credible than you, the Basic design criteria for JF-17 was F-16 and nothing else. Hence a Block-3 JF-17 with AESA Radar would be in the class of F-16 Block 60/70 since these are only F-16s blocks with AESA.
So stop trying to undermine a jet which is battle proven and has literally taken IAF apart.

To honorable Admin/Moderator / sir Rafi .
I am living in north america since 26 years and always prayed to see Pakistan, a powerful safe country. I am member of this forum since 2009 . By nature every Pakistan love peace and hate war.

Following news are great and supportive for every Pakistani (especially in oversease)..
Kindly Make this a new separate Topic and put all new news and progress on these news , as a hope for Pakistan to stay and sustain in the world.

1- sir @Rafi has also said that Paf is much impressed from j 10 performance and they are interested in it.

2- J10C + F16 Block 52s...supplemented with JF17 block III(and possibly upgraded block I and II) should be able to handle Rafale and other fighter jets of the IAF for the foreseeable future. Reportedly China/PAF were trying to pitch J10 to Pak government.

Bhai.
Pak Land cannot keep up with India. The disparity betweeen India and Pakistan is like between a border Collie and a tiger. However, what Pakistan needs to do is make any aggression so expensive as to not be worth the while of the enemy. This has been achieved both with and withput the Nuclear element.
Indo Pak friendship is a non entity and will remain so till you resolve Kashmir. The British did not leave the Kashmir issue unresolved without reason. When you are an agro based country and your water supply passes through the disputed land which you have a claim over, there will always be a risk to your safety and therefore no friendship. I am a pragmatist and I think Kashmir will never become Pakistan. However, the issue needs a resolution prefereably without a war. Musharraf laid down good foundation for a mutually acceptable solution, however the idea was lambasted by the short sighted Indian lobby of Far rights. It tells you the severity of the feelings with regards to that land. For all it is worth India is not serious about solution of the problem and Pak land polity is too busy looting the country and the beauroctacy and military might are too disorganized to take thingz to their logical culmination. It therefore has been decreed that Pak Land will for the forseeable future remain hand and foottied down and on its knees to whosoever wants to buy whatever they want. So the Saudis will buy men and blood, US will demnd blood of our own men to show the world how efficient it has been. The Chinese will come and pillage the natural respurces while dumping the waste. All the bhooki Nangi public can do is live in hope of some saviour descending from the heavens to save it while remaining bhooki Nangi and uneducated and Jahil. There is no national initiative to improve ourselves and we look towards frieds to come in and sort us out which will never happen. This is our reality.
The baniya on the other hand will exploit US, Russia and EU to sell whatever it can and acquire whatever rezourcez it can buy. It will continue to make efforts towards self reliance in weaponry but the likely thing is for the ne t 2 decades it will purchase subsystems and try and marry diverse system to make "made in India" products. However the future for India lies in Trade which the baniyw is good at and we may yet see a financial hub arising in the Indian areas. This is what they are good at and this is what they will achieve.
Enough of this rant nowPakistan needs to wake up and find a purpose for its existence. I5 is not in being democratic or any other "crasy " tyey want to invent. Immulate the West and go down the drain. That is not the reason for your existence. Find the reason find your way and then you will progress with a purpose in mind.
A

I suspect 10 to 12 months from Signing of contract to first prototype coming out. Another 2/3 months before production starts in Kamra. It may be slow for the first year perhaps 6-8 anes in 12 months then will pick up to 16 to 20 per year depending on how finances and infrastructure development allows.
As to insider bhai jan they need to keep their traps shut. There are eyes everywhere and any interest will reflect badly on the insides of the insider bhaijan.
A
A failed statement. In fact, PAF not only matches IAF but better as demonstrated by PAF downing 2 Indian jet including a su-30mki. IAF looks good on paper but in terms of system intergration is an nightmare with system from french, US, Russian and Israel. And all those system looks good on paper but is another story on reality. PAF is able to oust IAF with better system. A big credit need to go towards a single source of supplier of rising China who supply cutting edge system like JF-17 and ZDK-03 AWACS. From radar,EW, datalink and weapon are all from China. Meaning intergration is all smooth without any hitch.

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.
Amazing , by then i will be promoted to lieutenant Wishful thinking :)

Pakistan and India may have to see a war within next couple of years. Can the delivery and training be done within due time?

What makes you say that , War is no joke specially when both countries have stock pile of nuclear arsenals
Look around Pakistan's Economical constrains as well as Indians compare to their size , They are providing same sh*t to lower class that we are providing, "little to nothing".

An Enamel of the teeth is Human Development Index. Next comes Buying Greater Stuff.
I am as nationalist as you are , but its hurts my ears to hear about war is about to come.
War has already begun that is economical.

A failed statement. In fact, PAF not only matches IAF but better as demonstrated by PAF downing 2 Indian jet including a su-30mki. IAF looks good on paper but in terms of system intergration is an nightmare with system from french, US, Russian and Israel. And all those system looks good on paper but is another story on reality. PAF is able to oust IAF with better system. A big credit need to go towards a single source of supplier of rising China who supply cutting edge system like JF-17 and ZDK-03 AWACS. From radar,EW, datalink and weapon are all from China. Meaning intergration is all smooth without any hitch.
You are entitled to your opinion, I stand by mine. You have had one encounter and you draw conclusions based on that not taking into acount all the factors which include financial, buying power, number of forces. I do not doubt PAF has given a very good account of itself but a sustained confrontation is a different kettle of fish. We need to keep our profile low and keep progressing sorting out our morbid economy, international image amongst other things. This is fortunately reflected in the stance of the government.
A

You are entitled to your opinion, I stand by mine. You have had one encounter and you draw conclusions based on that not taking into acount all the factors which include financial, buying power, number of forces. I do not doubt PAF has given a very good account of itself but a sustained confrontation is a different kettle of fish. We need to keep our profile low and keep progressing sorting out our morbid economy, international image amongst other things. This is fortunately reflected in the stance of the government.
A
Yes, I am not forcing opinion on you but fact is IAF is messy and not as powerful as many thought. You are over worry and look down on your own forces. Having more money is not the key. Pakistan despite having lower budget still managed to get the best out of bucks with wise collaboration with a rising China like JF-17 project. People has underestimated Chinese weapon and weapon system, always thinking anything from western is better as Mig-21 with Israel radar and EW suite failed badly against Chinese one. The usual made in China weapon crap rant which hold no basis in 21th century. 2019 LOC air war proves the slayer wrong.

So that's how China Helps!!! :pakistan::china:

Edit: Eva Zheng just deleted her post about 100 PL-15 missiles which are to be arriving in a day or two, Guess it was a mistake by her revealing such strategic information,

Either way, we are getting some masterpieces !!!

But maybe - and IMO more likely - she noticed that it was nothing but a fake!??

Come on, so far we haven't seen any PL-15 under any JF-17, we do not even know if the radar or fighter itself is capable to use this missile. So far only the J-20, the J-16 and J-10C - not even the J-10B - were seen with this missile and IMO it is most unlikely that China will deliver such a game-changer right in the middle of this crisis.

Even more also here the original thread is already closed by a moderator due to invalid source!

Back
Top Bottom