What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Anyone know how many TRM modules are there on the KLJ7 AESA variant?

Hi,

1000--- + - a few
Is the J-10CE radar a scaled up version of this radar or based on a different radar? If it’s different, is it a matter of the cooling mechanism and/or power supplied to the radar? Also how many T/R modules on the J-10? Would 1200-1300 be a fair estimate?

At a 1000 T/R modules and the JF-17’s relatively small size, the Block 3 is shaping up to be a formidable platform in the hands of the skilled pilots of the PAF.

Is the J-10CE radar a scaled up version of this radar or based on a different radar? If it’s different, is it a matter of the cooling mechanism and/or power supplied to the radar? Also how many T/R modules on the J-10? Would 1200-1300 be a fair estimate?

At a 1000 T/R modules and the JF-17’s relatively small size, the Block 3 is shaping up to be a formidable platform in the hands of the skilled pilots of the PAF.
I also wonder how the JF-17 can power suchan AESA radar

Hi,

Closer to 1300 would be a good number---.

If they are different or the same---that is an interesting question that will be answered in time---.

Not that i'm any expert but I think number of T/R modules is not the only measure of how good or advanced an aesa radar is.

Not that i'm any expert but I think number of T/R modules is not the only measure of how good or advanced an aesa radar is.
These radars are assumed to be GaN based, and the number of T/R modules are two metrics.

Which is why I asked what is the cooling method as well as how much electricity is being supplied to the radar.

Another metric that won’t be known is how good the algorithms the radar uses are.

As per PAC, all JF-17 Block-III will have an "In-built self-protection jamming" suite along with provision of carrying external SPJ pods on the new hardpoint under the right intake. Such capability will give it dominating edge against all existing 4th Gen fighters in the region.
FnrIVm-acAANv7i

The BVR missiles here are PL-15s and not SD-10's - so either an incorrect rendering or there is more to come from the JF17 Block III. PAC also did a similar picture - so it does suggest PL-15s are at some point coming ...

The BVR missiles here are PL-15s and not SD-10's - so either an incorrect rendering or there is more to come from the JF17 Block III. PAC also did a similar picture - so it does suggest PL-15s are at some point coming ...
Oh ye to Rafael ka baap hai

Now that the Block 3 is set to be operationalized and hopefully set to go head to head for export orders, I hope they have a new marketing campaign planned.

Perhaps “High Performace and Reliable” or “The Reliable Fighter” or “Thunder; The Unmistakable Roar”

Calling the cheapest or most affordable will kneecap its prospects. A similar pigeonholing was when Tata tried to market its Nano, and its marketing was a big part of its undoing, after it couldn’t stick to its original lower price.

If Nigeria goes for them in large numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the nickname “Shango”

Last edited:
Modern air combat is all about being first, look first, think first, shoot first!! Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) of JF-17C Block-III, provides its pilots with critical information required to make split second decisions in air combat.
FpTlsSraUAEQC5y

That looks like the backseat of the JF17B to me - esp when you look at the lack of a proper HUD in the reflection of the visior - but what appears more like a "HUD Repeater" ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom