What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

That LED sort of a thing has the potential to spot an incoming missile, based on its plume / heat signature, compare it with the onboard threat library, tell the pilot that exactly what type of missile (name) is incoming, takes control of the aircraft to start with dispensing chaffs and flares along with evasive maneuvering .....all simultaneously.
View attachment 806514

An example on an F-16.
Sir you are confusing it with the MAWS sensor prior to Blk III found on the tail. The particular one being refered to here is the one on top of the right intake which has appeared since serial 229 only and on one side only. Thanks.

Well that's amazing
@HRK
I had that in mind that inter 'plumbing' was done already just the probe is missing.. Anyway, I said days job in case the panel is riveted bcz temperature controlled environment is required for assembly, besides removing the riveted panesl. Anyway, probe fitting under 30 minute is awesome. It shows max material homgenity and modern skills for repalcing the panel. More like F1 pit team

Attachments

• 1641578175483.png
    1641578175483.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
@HRK
I had that in mind that inter 'plumbing' was done already just the probe is missing.. Anyway, I said days job in case the panel is riveted bcz temperature controlled environment is required for assembly, besides removing the riveted panesl. Anyway, probe fitting under 30 minute is awesome. It shows max material homgenity and modern skills for repalcing the panel. More like F1 pit team
My question would be....why nit fit them all with probes giving us versatility

My question would be....why nit fit them all with probes giving us versatility
All B3 or JF 17s? I think the later will require much time and is a gradual process. My hunch is it is not permanently installed due to aerodynamics? @JamD
A vortex trail will require continuous FBW correction, consuming power etc. Unless, a mechanical or aerodynamic solution can cater it somehow but will compromise other paramters. P.S. So far I have seen circular probe w/o encapsuled in some airfoil shape.
Edit: Nope, not all are circular. Too early to say what PAF plan is. Perhaps, they wd fit it in all or for some special squardons 😜.

Last edited:
Why can't they just design a quick clip-on refueling probe?
It could have something to do with stresses/vibrations it might face due to air pressure and pulling Gs. And there is the plumbing and attachment all it needs just under a removable panel

Last edited:
That LED sort of a thing has the potential to spot an incoming missile, based on its plume / heat signature, compare it with the onboard threat library, tell the pilot that exactly what type of missile (name) is incoming, takes control of the aircraft to start with dispensing chaffs and flares along with evasive maneuvering .....all simultaneously.
View attachment 806514

An example on an F-16.

It’s amazing how beloved you are in PDF. Like a Godfather how takes care of his children.

All B3 or JF 17s? I think the later will require much time and is a gradual process. My hunch is it is not permanently installed due to aerodynamics? @JamD
A vortex trail will require continuous FBW correction, consuming power etc. Unless, a mechanical or aerodynamic solution can cater it somehow but will compromise other paramters. P.S. So far I have seen circular probe w/o encapsuled in some airfoil shape.
Edit: Nope, not all are circular. Too early to say what PAF plan is. Perhaps, they wd fit it in all or for some special squardons 😜.
The circular plumber style pipe was 1st used as a tech demonstrator but later on was replaced by a more aerodynamic IFR probe just like the ones used on the J-10s

oh plz don't always go to show panic attacks this pic was not showing the difference of size or wider intake theory.

It is only showing certain changes like front MAWS on intakes, change of placement pitot tubes wider and bigger HUD the very basic difference. ONLY FRONTAL VIEW of BLK-II and BLK-III nothing more

to show these changes there was no need to perfectly scale both pic even then I scaled them as much possible, I know both jets were not at the same distance nor the angle match perfectly.

IT JUST SHOW BASIC DIFFERENCES DUE TO NEW ATTACHMENTS ON BLK-III THAT'S IT NOTHING MORE AND THESE PICS ARE NOT "FAKE" but cropped and adjusted to the same height and widths to be attach these in a single pic

There is no need to delete that post

many years old pic and this was the rollout of 100th aircraft from PAC which mean blk-II not blk-III

I don’t want interfere, and I apologise in advance, what @Deino is doing is typically German mentality, and they get these teached in the school also, I have experienced that and see it every day when my working colleague is complaining about me. This culture can be helpful and progressive but not enjoyable for us Pakistanis.

@HRK
I am trying to search that article but not succeed till now ....

BTW if any member have the article of Alan warner abot blk-II plz share ....

Janab the circular pipe looking probe is the old (South African) design found on our Mirages. The JF17s do not have that probe anymore. I have already shown you the one that I am talking about.
With regards to removable probe I can only guess that:
1. You usually know when a mission will require a probe or not before the mission starts. It may even depend on role of the squadron. It's not like PAF has 10s of refuelers flying all the time to refuel any and every jet.
2. The probe almost definitely has a drag and RCS penalty. This may be especially significant for a small jet like the JF17.
3. It probably negatively affects visibility.
4. PAF doesn't use A2A as often and probably plans to use it for very special situations - this is suggested by the removable probes and few tanker aircraft. PAF probably prefers drop tanks and return to base. I think this kind of makes sense because in a shooting war tankers will have little place to hide in Pakistan's thin airspace and would be shot down.

I don’t want interfere, and I apologise in advance, what @Deino is doing is typically German mentality, and they get these teached in the school also, I have experienced that and see it every day when my working colleague is complaining about me. This culture can be helpful and progressive but not enjoyable for us Pakistanis.
genau.

Back
Top Bottom