Wings 550 lbs each so total 1100
Centerline front tank 1100 plus
Middle 2200 liters
Aft tank remaining

Captured from hmd on jf-17 on dcs

Correction from
Manual on Jf17 from
Dcs

Initially single seater had 5130 pounds of fuel internal plos another 3000 liters in tanks with 1x800 and 2x1100 liters tanks max

Pac afm chair is on record that fuel capacity went up how much ? God know
If I put drop tanks on every hard point can I go from Lahore to Chicago?

JF-17B jets can store fuel in vertical stabilizers. People are hoping that block 3 jets may be able to do the same.
Didnt happen..no green tiles
Which suggest either it was not feasible or not useful(lower thrust engine i.e absence of rd93ma)
Can thunder structure stand CTF and perform same
There shouldnt be stutrual issues
Issue is engine thrust overall

You need to balance fuel with payload..engine thrust increase is what will make PAF consider/study this option

Same reason why f16a/b doesnt has CFTs and C/D have
Thrust went up almost 50% from earlier models

What can make JF-17 beat Rafale? Are you guys high? Here it is talking about PL-15 and PL-10 missile which J-20 surely uses but so what. That's like if I say F-5 uses same missile as F-22 must be F-5 in league of F-22? Of course jeff will use the missiles used by PLAAF. In fact PL-15 and PL-10 are coming to 10 years old.

Rafale needs to be matched by more JF-17. A PL-15 and better radar for jeff will help in modern era but luckily IAF is not modern and even Su-30MKI is not a strong fighter in BVR. India is already buying new missiles and with more range. They will have their own new generation missiles too. Rafale is just bonus and already in IAF. To counter rafale, PAF will need to use more numbers. One Rafale can carry 6 Meteors or more with similar range boost as JF-17 with three fuel tank. Every Rafale needs two JF-17 with four PL-15 each.
Very well elaborated.

So is this 8th hardpoint for pod? It can be seen these are not present on block 2. What else could these be?
IMG_20210503_170850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom