What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

QQ__20190616171042.jpg

112722xenl9wl8zn2kiill.jpg

QQ__20190616171556.jpg

That validates some discussions that JF-17 Block-III will incorporate mostly what advance J-10C & J-20 are housing at the moment. Not just that but Block-III will also demonstrate to validate many of future integration into NGF/Azm. I see that as the day passes, PAF/PAC helping China with our input is having fruits by next and the success continues.

It may well prove to be for AZM/ NGF what the j-10C was to the j-20 subsystem wise.

It looks like Block 3 is only a minor iteration with the following enhancements:

1. Updated HUD is obvious.
2. Updated MAWS is obvious.
3. The engine has changed. The obvious giveaway is the dark yellow primer on the engine housing and the chute housing. The exposed metallic cover around the aft section has a dulled color. The old, bright metallic cover would have been a better conductor of heat. Possibly, this section is now covered with thermal insulation, and the new protrusion at the front of the tail section allows more air for cooling. Finally, assuming the pic below shows the aircraft taking off, then it is unusual that the afterburner is not engaged.

View attachment 596300

The aircraft seems to be on dry thrust (compare with the picture of older aircraft taking off). Secondly, a constricted nozzle is used to attain a higher thrust. Block 3 seems to have an open nozzle and no afterburner during take off. This could be wrong analysis, and the aircraft might be landing, but the next picture in dafengcao's twitter post shows the aircraft facing the opposite direction, with the engine still releasing an exhaust plume, and the chute cover is open. So I will hazard a guess that the engine has a much higher power rating in Block 3. High enough, that the trailing flaps are lowered to reduce lift generated. To be honest it sounds unlikely, but the alternative is that the aircraft landed, then performed an about face, and paraded in front of the audience under its own power. Seems unlikely as well.

Given that the B model has been versioned 19-60x, it is likely that 20-30x will have the above enhancements, plus the drop in replacement LKF601E. Also, given what @messiach has already said about different variants of thunder, possibly there will be 40x and 50x soon. One of them should be air superiority with the KLJ-7A AESA radar, and a ground strike version with delta wings. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.

In any case, it is my humble prayer that May Allah the Almighty Guide us towards the right path, and make JF-17 a source of strength for Islam and Muslims in the whole world. Aameen.
its not taking off its landing engine nozzle would never be like this if taking off.

Pilots are going to Love the Block-III. As detected earlier the new wide angle HUD. Its also comes with a improved cockpit design. Easier for pilots and more options For them

the old HUD and its front control

View attachment 596322

And the new one

View attachment 596321
Yeah. Seems like designed to handle more big *** fighters more easily, like the Su 30 with red emblems.

Back
Top Bottom