What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Even with expectations lowered, the mind wasn't ready for missing HMD/HOBS in Jeff blk 3.

That IS quite a let down. (If true)

With that I understand that many on this forum are going to defend even if CAC/PAC merely roles out a newly painted Blk2 as a Blk3.

'The PAF knows what's it's doing'
'It matches the operational requirements'
'HMD/HOBS will chip in later'

Statements like above while being factually true won't help much to relieve disappointments that are a result of false expectations created on the 5000 pages of this thread.

If it has just one more hardpoint and no HMD/S, for me it's just a blk2 with a 3 year delay and much hype.

A few days earlier, a source did reveal that people expecting to see any drastic changes on Block-3 will be disappointed as most of the changes or improvements are internal.....another thing mentioned was that there is supposedly just ONE extra hard point. ??
Well if the current hardpoints are able to bear the weight and dual racks mounted there is no need for extra hardpoints

Even with expectations lowered, the mind wasn't ready for missing HMD/HOBS in Jeff blk 3.

That IS quite a let down. (If true)

With that I understand that many on this forum are going to defend even if CAC/PAC merely roles out a newly painted Blk2 as a Blk3.

'The PAF knows what's it's doing'
'It matches the operational requirements'
'HMD/HOBS will chip in later'

Statements like above while being factually true won't help much to relieve disappointments that are a result of false expectations created on the 5000 pages of this thread.

If it has just one more hardpoint and no HMD/S, for me it's just a blk2 with a 3 year delay and much hype.

I will not rule it out so quickly as Warney also mentioned HMDS in the article. Considering his track record, i would remain hopeful..

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-06-15/jf-17-thunder-lightning-strikes-twice

Simple fact is this. No one knows what is Block III, not even the self professed expert "aeromerix". Who is aeromerix, a keyboard warrior just like the rest of us.

The eventuall unveiling, and time will tell what Block III offer, not made up fantasies by anonymous keyboard warriors! Don't read anything into 'aeromerix' post. It is a non-post as far as facts go.. like most of what has been said by many many posters on this forum.

Simple fact is this. No one knows what is Block III, not even the self professed expert "aeromerix". Who is aeromerix, a keyboard warrior just like the rest of us.

The eventuall unveiling, and time will tell what Block III offer, not made up fantasies by anonymous keyboard warriors! Don't read anything into 'aeromerix' post. It is a non-post as far as facts go.. like most of what has been said by many many posters on this forum.

Unless you know the backgrounds and contact list of each forum member that comes with revelations and new bits, i would not dare make such sweeping statements. The info can be right, or wrong, but most of the time, it is indeed from legit sources.

Not MLU Tape 5. The Jordanian F-16's are Block-15 ADV for sure ... but if they have undergone any MLU then they must have been earlier types.

Jordanian ADFs are the only ones without MLU, but being ADF, they can use AMRAAMS, not so the JHCMS.

Unless you know the backgrounds and contact list of each forum member that comes with revelations and new bits, i would not dare make such sweeping statements. The info can be right, or wrong, but most of the time, it is indeed from legit sources.

Jordanian ADFs are the only ones without MLU, but being ADF, they can use AMRAAMS, not so the JHCMS.
Yep and the general specifications of the Block 3 were publicly laid out years ago. The PAF said, on the record in 2015, that the B3 would have HMD/S, AESA radar, and new AAMs. The issue now is finding out what fell and what got picked up.

Yep and the general specifications of the Block 3 were publicly laid out years ago. The PAF said, on the record in 2015, that the B3 would have HMD/S, AESA radar, and new AAMs. The issue now is finding out what fell and what got picked up.
HMD/S or JHMCS are useful for WVRs only na?

Mlu was mostly avionics
Star [emoji294]️ slep to improve life from 4K to 8k hours and air defense variants ADV had upgrade to radar to handle aim-120

So Jordanians got ADV plus [emoji294]️ still missing other avionics which brings it to block 52 equivalent or close

Jf still think need more hp

View attachment 594800
or simply more fuel to use the current hard points effectively..
ever wonder why JF17 doesn't carry dual racks with 4 SD10s..its fuel limitation

having said more hard points if any(hopefully atleast 1) will only come on the fuselage

I am under illusion that i am a levelheaded person my only expectations from blk iii were good future usable bvr and wvr capabilities now i am being told that the latter is not up to the mark due to lack of jhmcs / hobs aams so i am a bit disappointed.

That somewhat explains the secrecy but not the delay.

Hi

Those items can be upgraded later on availability

No. Not unless we have our own Radar or western or compatible with US Weapon. No OEM will share codes to Chinese Radar and that has been discussed many times.

Brother
Can you please elaborate the "Code Sharing" in detail please and Technical explanation will be greatly appreciated.
I am really curious to understand it.
A link to any Research article will be blessings for me.

Back
Top Bottom