What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Come on Windy, it's a Bravo.

Sorry to step in again, but I don't understand, why - esp. since Block 3 no. 01' flew last week - we are again and again discussing things, that are either clear since months, discussed to death so often or (not in this case) plain ridiculous wishful-thinking.

I can therefore only agree to close this thread until finally images appear and please stop discussing these things to death again.

Best,
Deino

Sorry to step in again, but I don't understand, why - esp. since Block 3 no. 01' flew last week - we are again and again discussing things, that are either clear since months, discussed to death so often or (not in this case) plain ridiculous wishful-thinking.

I can therefore only agree to close this thread until finally images appear and please stop discussing these things to death again.

Best,
Deino
Bad habits die hard

Bad habits die hard

Indeed ... probably it's only my issue and I should better temper my impatience, but IMO it's mots annoying if whenever you see a new post here in the "JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News" tread is posted I'm expecting finally a photo ... but since days all i see is "will it have more hardpoints?" (and endless arguments), "will it be stealthy?", "will it have a more powerful engine", "why is not this and that included?" and so on :hitwall: ... we had all these discussions, it's annoying. :crazy:

Indeed ... probably it's only my issue and I should better temper my impatience, but IMO it's mots annoying if whenever you see a new post here in the "JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News" tread is posted I'm expecting finally a photo ... but since days all i see is "will it have more hardpoints?" (and endless arguments), "will it be stealthy?", "will it have a more powerful engine", "why is not this and that included?" and so on :hitwall: ... we had all these discussions, it's annoying. :crazy:
Bro most people know me here as some who just asses about. Indeed I do. But I ama graduate from cranfield institute of technology with a masters in aircraft design. Worked at DRAe farnborough as a combustion scientist. I have directly worked on stressing the inner wing trailing edge structures of the A320 and the A321 and some work on the A330. I see absolute trash being written here by people who have no understand of engines wanting a new engine. No understanding strictures demanding extra hardpoint. No understanding of composites and saying it's stupid to have an aluminium design. I have given up even attempting to answer anyone so spend my time having fun. I suggest you also ignore most as it's just static noise.

I doubt any new fighter will come between block 3 and NGF. I don't think there is block 4 in the works, I mean what can it bring in addition to block 3? Super cruise maybe?
Agreed.

It is stupid logic that the PAF will acquire no intermediate aircraft between Block 3 and the decades-away Project Azm FGFA - when IAF has already crossed the line in Feb. Dev packages need to have margins for the intermediate aircraft and IA it is just a matter of time now.

Kindly answer these questions one last time.
Bro most people know me here as some who just asses about. Indeed I do. But I ama graduate from cranfield institute of technology with a masters in aircraft design. Worked at DRAe farnborough as a combustion scientist. I have directly worked on stressing the inner wing trailing edge structures of the A320 and the A321 and some work on the A330. I see absolute trash being written here by people who have no understand of engines wanting a new engine. No understanding strictures demanding extra hardpoint. No understanding of composites and saying it's stupid to have an aluminium design. I have given up even attempting to answer anyone so spend my time having fun. I suggest you also ignore most as it's just static noise.

Best,
Deino
I visit forum rarely so I often fail to catch up with pace of discussion on this forum.
Regards.

What a suffering !!!

I doubt any new fighter will come between block 3 and NGF. I don't think there is block 4 in the works, I mean what can it bring in addition to block 3? Super cruise maybe?
Its pure speculation either way that no enhancements will be made to jf17 block 3 or no interim fighter will be acquired. Just like the f16 v72 hot air with almost 200 pages of waffle.
PAF brass have always tweaked their machines to match the environment. There are many things that could be tested in the meantime such as super cruise or thrust vectoring etc. FGFA is indeed the future but as for the next 10 years beyond block 3. No one knows

This...and the PAF coming to terms of not going overseas for a high-end fighter. It'll need to center on the JF-17 until the NGF comes online.

On that note though, I wonder if we'll see major investment in support assets, like EW aircraft (to augment the Falcon DA20 fleet).
We might get more ELINT platforms especially as we recently lost one. That will need replacing plus perhaps a few new ones might be the need of the hour. UNLESS PAC is now looking at doing those in house as well ( pure speculation on my part).
A

Quite possible, since CAC also followed a similar pattern for J-20 and tested/validated some of its tech on j-10B/C
Is this not international norm?
A

A credible source says that the flight was expedited. It didn't even have serial number on it.
I concur. I feel and think that block 3 has actually flown but is undergoing tests. We will therefore see it when we are meant to see it.
A

Last edited:
I think we can probably just take the first sentence as they are just aggregating the information. But the later portion we will leave until we get more details from credible sites.

I think the mention of PL-10 disappointed you. :D You are not the only one hoping for Denel goodies like A-Darter and Raptor-III on JF-17 Block-3. Anyways, this is merely a social media post.

I was wondering if the Chinese will offer a PL-15 export version at this time. The only analogue to the PL-15 I have heard of is AIM-260 (under development).

Plans are in place for EW variant development of Jf17b. The timeline is not known however.

Budget cuts, updation in plans due to non availability of many things which were once available in near past. Sadly the Blk3 has lost few promising things in the process of development. Single piece MFD, voice controls and an 'average' HMD being three primary ones as far as Cockpit is concerned.

Block 3 is not a testbed for NGFA.

Come on Windy, it's a Bravo.

There were planes to acquire French HMD for Block-III. It didn't materialize ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom