What's new

JF-17 at Africa Air Defence 2010 Exhibition

Tempest II

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
From: The SAAF Forum • View topic - AAD 2010 Aircraft , posted by gerard on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Okay guys. It seems that the SAAF and AAD organizers are throwing a veil over everything in the run-up to AAD. It looks like even the people working on the organisation of AAD have been told to keep their mouths shut until opening day. But there are certain (reliable) leaks that I have heard about, and so I will do the following: I am going to make a list here of aircaft that might be seen at AAD. This list will be from info I get from my sources, but I make it clear - The organizers have not confirmed any of this as yet.

And Dean - I do this only with your permission - if you don't like the idea, please remove or drop me a PM.

SAAF:
Agusta A109
Lynx
Oryx
Silver Falcons
C47
C130
Caravan
PC-12
King Air
Gripen C
Gripen D
Hawks
MirageIIICZ / Mirage F1

International:
USAF C-130J
USAF C-5 (This might not be on display, but used to transport certain types to CTIA)
USAF C-17
USAF F-16 (4)
USAF Black Hawk
USAF AH-64D Apache
Spartan
Brazilian R-99
A400M (this is still a big maybe apparently)
Pakistan AF Fighters (No idea which here)
Russian Types (Unclear which)
Chinese Types (Again unclear which)

Other maybes:
A380
A340
Loads of Bizjets
Other civvie teams
Bell 429
Phenom 100
Phenom 300
Legacy 650
Global 5000
Global Express
Execujet Jets

lets hope we're actually participating there and eventually win orders for JF-17s in Africa and elsewhere....

Tempset can you tell what countries we should target for JFT sales in Africa ?

ok those guyz at farnborough air show, said that thunder will attend 2-3 airshow this year......so this is one of them, i believe..

Maybe Zimbabwe can show interest in JF-17. I hope they do some flying.

They are interested in JFT since 2004 and they even placed orders for it !

Tempset can you tell what countries we should target for JFT sales in Africa ?

I would think Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia (although they are just inducting the F-7NGs). Tanzania maybe, but rumours say they got 6 x MiG-29s about 2 years ago. Equatorial Guinea should be a potential too. I think its too late for Kenya as they got those ex-Jordanian F-5 which they sent for upgrades.

Botswana is likely to get Gripens or F-16s.

I would think Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia (although they are just inducting the F-7NGs). Tanzania maybe, but rumours say they got 6 x MiG-29s about 2 years ago. Equatorial Guinea should be a potential too. I think its too late for Kenya as they got those ex-Jordanian F-5 which they sent for upgrades.

Botswana is likely to get Gripens or F-16s.

...i think u mean Nigeria!:cheers:

Hopefully PAF will be there with Super Mushak, K-8s & JF-17s. And may be we will be able to convince some African as well as Asian & south American customers there......

34xgswi.jpg

Farnborough&

They are interested in JFT since 2004 and they even placed orders for it !

Yea, we still don't have confirmation for the numbers and how to produce them. Plus the type of engines that it might use.

Banner.jpg

AAD 2010 Exhibitors list confirms that :pakistan: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex is participating in AFRICA AEROSPACE AND DEFENCE 2010

VENUE: Air Force Base Ysterplaat, Cape Town, South Africa

DATE: 21 - 25 September 2010

AFRICA AEROSPACE AND DEFENCE 2010

Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) is a premier event on the international aviation and defence calendar. As a showcase for civil and military aviation, maritime and land-based defence technologies, AAD is the largest exhibition of its kind in Africa. With the world-class infrastructure of South Africa, AAD is uniquely positioned for exhibiting companies to market their products and services to the entire continent and beyond.

Introduction to Africa Aerospace and Defence 2010 (AAD2010)
Following on the successful hosting of the show in Cape Town, AAD2010 returns to Air Force Base Ysterplaat from 21 to 25 September 2010. As always, AAD2010 runs over three trade days followed by two days open to the general public.

This allows for networking opportunities and face-to-face business interaction. AAD2010 affords exhibitors ample access to official delegations and decision makers.

Moreover, AAD2010 in Cape Town provides the ideal hub from which to pursue a range of interests, including sporting activities and visits to South Africa´s renowned tourist attractions.

Exhibition Profile
Covering the full spectrum of leading edge aviation products and defence-related technologies, AAD2010 will highlight contemporary developments in these areas.

Niche sectors incorporated into AAD2010 cover commercial and general aviation, homeland security (aviation, maritime and land-based), humanitarian relief and disaster management, freight and forwarding services, as well as search and rescue.

Visitor Profile
Building on the success of previous exhibitions, AAD2010 is set to attract significant numbers of participants. Almost 80 officially invited foreign delegations attended AAD2008, including 20 defence ministers, many from African countries.

Some 13000 trade visitors provided the 400 exhibitors from 35 countries with the opportunity to market their products to the African continent. AAD2010 is expected to attract even greater numbers of diplomats, entrepreneurs and representatives of local and national governments who seek potential trade opportunities and future business collaboration.

Demonstrations
A comprehensive flying programme, with slots for demonstration flights, enables aerospace companies to demonstrate their products to potential clients. A dynamic vehicle track allows for the demonstration of land-based products, while the close proximity of the Cape Town harbour and the V&A Waterfront offer berthing of ships and other maritime exhibits.

Government Support
The South African government considers Africa Aerospace & Defence a national asset which it fully supports through the national departments of Trade and Industry, Defence, Transport and Science and Technology.

Back
Top Bottom