What's new

JF-17 and Israel.

I admire the Israelis because they know how to safeguard their national interests. They never wipe all the options off the table and that is exactly why against all odds and in such a hostile neighbourhood, they have not only been able to survive but flourish! We could probably learn a thing or two from them. Our ethnic and linguistic differences are menial when as compared to their's but their national integration and cohesion is praiseworthy because they take pride in their national identity. The reason for which is that they keep the memory of their suffering fresh, we like sheep love to be lead to our own slaughters. In Israel a single rocket is enough to solicit an invasion, here we have nearly 60,000 killed in a conflict that has ravaged this nation and shaken it to the very core of it's foundations and our brightest minds are still arguing if it is indeed our war.
To some it up, the Jericho ICBMs are for whoever asks for them because the Israelis don't leave much to chance.

And i am quoting you.

Jericho ICBMs are for whoever asks for them because the Israelis don't leave much to chance

We could probably learn a thing or two from them.

And i rest my case.

Except Dahir n porus which are non muslims? hell so what ? they are the real heroes our ancestors... egyptians,turks,iranians all are muslim and yet they claim their history n their heroes.. so what stops us?

Porus is fine, but Dahir? He is remembered for the protection he extended to pirates. Not a good reference. Plus it would be better to remember people who actually won their wars, or (in case of Porus) put up heroic resistance and kept their head high despite defeat. Since the establishment of Sultanate of Delhi by Slave dynasty, there were no war heroes as such in what is Pakistan now. Only person I can recall is the incomparable Sher Shah Suri. Now there is an idea.

Do not be upset by a comment by @Yzd Khalifah, I am sure he did not mean to rattle your feelings. In any case it is our prerogative to name our weapon systems however we see fit. Seeing that Khalid bin Walid (R.A.) was the master of mobility and strike at a time & place of own choosing, the naming of Al-Khalid tank is very apt, especially since it does well in desert terrain.

If we ever develop our own missile system for our combat aircraft, I would name it after Sultan Rahi. He never lost a fight in a movie.... :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Except Dahir n porus which are non muslims? hell so what ? they are the real heroes our ancestors... egyptians,turks,iranians all are muslim and yet they claim their history n their heroes.. so what stops us?

I appreciate you!!!!

No one is saying that Israel is going to buy JF-17!!
All the stuff like, IAF have far better equipment, and they have open European Market, Or they are master of Avionics them self or that they already have a far superior airforce come into play only then.
The clear and simple point was that IAF might have shown some interest and are researching on JF-17.
Reason: JFT may well end up in there neighborhood and they are interested in knowing about what it is made of.. Simple!!

Get a life guys!! Quite all your anti-Pakistan bashing and trolling. There in no point here to take on to.. Sit tight and wait for your option!

Porus is fine, but Dahir? He is remembered for the protection he extended to pirates. Not a good reference. Plus it would be better to remember people who actually won their wars, or (in case of Porus) put up heroic resistance and kept their head high despite defeat. Since the establishment of Sultanate of Delhi by Slave dynasty, there were no war heroes as such in what is Pakistan now. Only person I can recall is the incomparable Sher Shah Suri. Now there is an idea.

Do not be upset by a comment by @Yzd Khalifah, I am sure he did not mean to rattle your feelings. In any case it is our prerogative to name our weapon systems however we see fit. Seeing that Khalid bin Walid (R.A.) was the master of mobility and strike at a time & place of own choosing, the naming of Al-Khalid tank is very apt, especially since it does well in desert terrain.

If we ever develop our own missile system for our combat aircraft, I would name it after Sultan Rahi. He never lost a fight in a movie.... :-)

Dahir was the son of soil... qasim was a plunderer... as for the rest... sir im only sayin tht we neglect our own heroes or ancestors just coz of our non muslim past?

A little observation in relation to your post. Whosever has moved away from Islam has erected effigies from the past and declared them as heroes. This is a way of digressing away from your real identity as a muslimand that is what is wrong with Porus,or Dahir.
As far as Cyrus the great is concerned I will respect him and not say anything against him as he may well be the Zulqarnain that Allah mentions in Surah Al Kahf. The rest who are non muslims should NEVER be a source of Pride for Muslimsand should not be praised at all. Historical facts aside they should play no role in being role models for us. My 2 Paisas worth. My favourite is And forever will be Mohammad RasoolAllah (SAW) and he should be the role model of every Muslim not SOME idol worshipping Tom Dick Or Hari.
ARAZ

Dahir was the son of soil... qasim was a plunderer... as for the rest... sir im only sayin tht we neglect our own heroes or ancestors just coz of our non muslim past?

Please explain how Dahir was a hero? He was at best a goof who failed at both, diplomacy and warfare. Moreover Muhammad Bin Qasim brought only a little army, and managed to defeat Dahir's army which was a great deal bigger. I am not a nationalist freak who must support 'son of the soil' at all costs especially when it is manifest that the said hero was not really a hero at all.

Be wary of any one with a simple narrative. History is seldom that easy and straight forward. If a small army could dislodge an established ruler of kingdom that stretched from Arabian Sea to Multan (presumably), then there was a lot more going on than just a raider getting the better of a local hero. I am sorry, but to me a hero would be someone who made Alexander pay a price high enough that he had to quit India / Pakistan. If ever I knew the name of the person who organized the resistance to the Greeks in plains of Punjab and Sindh, that person would be my hero. Greeks never had it so tough from Thrace onwards.

If I had to pick a hero, it would be Sher Shah Suri, a true son of the soil of Pakistan who made a bid for power based on his capability, confidence, and smarts and made a difference within his short four year rule. He won and contributed.

If I had to pick a hero, it would be Mahabat Khan, or Tipu Sultan, or Jhansi ki Rani, or any of a number of those who stood up knowing that they would fall, but did the right thing regardless.

Lastly, what is the relevance of your continuing posts about names with JF-17 thread? Why make a fuss at all?

@araz & @DESERT FIGHTER,

Lets take this hero thing some place else. This is JF-17 thread, not a hero history thread.

I am tempted to address Araz, but I shall refrain simply because we are massively OFF TOPIC.

Please explain how Dahir was a hero? He was at best a goof who failed at both, diplomacy and warfare. Moreover Muhammad Bin Qasim brought only a little army, and managed to defeat Dahir's army which was a great deal bigger. I am not a nationalist freak who must support 'son of the soil' at all costs especially when it is manifest that the said hero was not really a hero at all.

Be wary of any one with a simple narrative. History is seldom that easy and straight forward. If a small army could dislodge an established ruler of kingdom that stretched from Arabian Sea to Multan (presumably), then there was a lot more going on than just a raider getting the better of a local hero. I am sorry, but to me a hero would be someone who made Alexander pay a price high enough that he had to quit India / Pakistan. If ever I knew the name of the person who organized the resistance to the Greeks in plains of Punjab and Sindh, that person would be my hero. Greeks never had it so tough from Thrace onwards.

And you think only tht small army fought him? what abt the arabs in makran and the local enemies tht joined qasim? or perhaps the first encounter where his forces were defeated by dahir? As for sher shah sure.. as for supporting pirates... why would a King of a prosperous country support piracy?arab conquests of different countries were they also hunting pirates in samarkand n bukhara or morocco?Also Dahir "died" defending his country... u should read Shah Latif Bhittais opinion of love for the soil where he says the son who fights n dies for his country is much better than the one tht runs off.. or smthin like tht.

If I had to pick a hero, it would be Sher Shah Suri, a true son of the soil of Pakistan who made a bid for power based on his capability, confidence, and smarts and made a difference within his short four year rule. He won and contributed.

You can say he was "one of the heroes"... not the only one.
If I had to pick a hero, it would be Mahabat Khan, or Tipu Sultan, or Jhansi ki Rani, or any of a number of those who stood up knowing that they would fall, but did the right thing regardless.

Only if they belonged to modern day Pakistan or they had any cultural or ethnic similiarities to us...

Lastly, what is the relevance of your continuing posts about names with JF-17 thread? Why make a fuss at all?

Read the last page or pages...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom