What's new

JF-17 and Israel.

#

1. Yes and No, there were funds available simply because there was the chance of commission involved for the parties. However, the price was too steep and some well rounded souls in the PAF stood their neck out and said nothing doing; especially when it only gives us superficial advantages in electronics. Weaponry was the wish, substitutes for which were foind.

2. Yes, to an extent...but by that time the decision to stick with the Chinese systems had been made.

3. NO.

But Oscar, It was French who suspended the Deal, Not Paksitan !

But Oscar, It was French who suspended the Deal, Not Paksitan !

Yes, but the PAF had already given up on it with the developing atmosphere and conditions.

Simply, they knew three months or so back this may not go through so they gave up then. There were still particular interests, such as those on 10% fame who had earlier experience with milking such deals.

Something similar to this
The problem for Sweden, says Sweden’s Dagens Industri in an April 10/13 article, is that the original purchase was funded by a 2006 credit arrangement of SEK 7.4 billion from the Swedish Export Credit and Export Credits Guarantee Board. Now they’ll have to add SEK 1+ billion to cover this, all to a country that isn’t viewed as a terrific credit risk. Our Swedish source says that Dagen Industri is about to break a follow-on story involving “questionable commissions” related to the sale. No, we’re not shocked, either. But Sweden has laws that will be enforced, even if Pakistan’s aren’t.

:) Deception is a weapon in today's warfare and it is working just fine with you guys i guess!!

Moreover there is really nothing for you to worry about JF-17 really. After all it is your LCA that might be claiming more aircraft losses of IAF then any plane in PAF inventory, just like the Mig's

See, I am an innocent guy and I only meant that Pakistan is a peace-loving country and Israel has nothing to worry about its JF-17 airplane....I mean fighter jet!! :ashamed: But you picked up the "other" meaning!! :cray:

:D

However, JF-17 is a more potent jet than all the fighters it is replacing in Pakistan's inventory; that's certainly an increase in PAF's limited capability, and it is quite possible that Israel may want to understand the bird better for any eventuality. :coffee:

And LCA never met with any accident during its long trial, it's a potent weapon; since we have many other options available with us, we are taking time with this bird and making it even better.

See, I am an innocent guy and I only meant that Pakistan is a peace-loving country and Israel has nothing to worry about its JF-17 airplane....I mean fighter jet!! :ashamed: But you picked up the "other" meaning!! :cray:

:D
so we are friends now!! I mean, even better friends :D

However, JF-17 is a more potent jet than all the fighters it is replacing in Pakistan's inventory; that's certainly an increase in PAF's limited capability, and it is quite possible that Israel may want to understand the bird better for any eventuality. :coffee:
Exactly, Also the fact that JF-17 may well be coming in colors other than that of PAF and may well be in neighbourhood of Israel so there interest in it is simple!

And LCA never met with any accident during its long trial, it's a potent weapon; since we have many other options available with us, we are taking time with this bird and making it even better
It need to get of ground to face an accident :P
(Please now don't start posting dates of first flight tests and other stuff. I am well aware of these. I hope you can understand my comment in lighter sense)

regards!

with all due respect, Care that you are a Think Tank.
You too believe that LCA and JF-17 can be compared ? ( I sincerely expect a reply without any Intelligent negative Sarcasms )
What make you say that these cant be or shouldn't be apart from the fact that one is operational at Squadron level and the other is still under ADVANCE evaluation phase despite years of working. (33 years to be precise). LCA is nothing but an early eighties design which HAL is trying to keep up-to-date, not sorting out the already existing problems.

I think we are all doing nothing but derailing the thread. The discussion here was quite simple, Israel showing interest in learning more about JF-17. Despite the numerous reasons that have been presented here for which Israel we have been dragged to trolling against PAF and JF-17! That is what you get then.

Also i don't feel that there is anymore need this tread with the interest of Israel in JF-17 explained for those who want to understand this.
@ @Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
well the Israelis will only worry about JF-17 if it makes part of some Arab country inventery..other wise i dont see any reason..
smart countries even worry about a pistol carried by their opponenets even if they have tanks..so its nothing to do with JFT capabilities but rather would it make part of Egypt, iraq, syria, jordan, Libya etc any time in the future

What make you say that these cant be or shouldn't be apart from the fact that one is operational at Squadron level and the other is still under ADVANCE evaluation phase despite years of working. (33 years to be precise). LCA is nothing but an early eighties design which HAL is trying to keep up-to-date, not sorting out the already existing problems.

I think we are all doing nothing but derailing the thread. The discussion here was quite simple, Israel showing interest in learning more about JF-17. Despite the numerous reasons that have been presented here for which Israel we have been dragged to trolling against PAF and JF-17! That is what you get then.

Also i don't feel that there is anymore need this tread with the interest of Israel in JF-17 explained for those who want to understand this.
@ @Oscar

IMHO, LCA cant be compared to JF 17 At All !
there is NO POINT to compare - Provided you THINK !

PS : You Must be aware that its ot hard to compare even B1 with LCA for that matter but then i may NOT necessarily be using my grey cells.

Not true at all from my knowledge.

@Arsalan our think tank thanked the post ? :blink:

:D Oh Come on!!
When will we start taking things a little lightly and in good sense?? It was a pun and i liked it. :)

HOWEVER, US - Saudia ties are a fact just likt US - Israel are...

smelling some more conspiracy?? :lol:

PLEASEE :)

why are we operating this anymore?
the reasons for Israel's interest have been mentioned and are quite logical, anyone intrested in the title have got the answers now. Now this is nothing but a comparison thread that will be on fire soon. People trying to make a laugh stock out of nothing, comparisons and guys like me making conspiracy theories! Please take the request to close this into consideration.

@Oscar @Aeronaut

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom