What's new

JF-17 and Israel.

1) It may be just a rumour.
2) They may see it as a potential choice for their Arab adversaries and would thus like to know of it's capabilities.
3) They may want to offer tech for the platform to Pakistan and any subsequent buyers.

I think these are the most plausible theories.

3), the liklihood of Israel wanting to partner with Pakistan on a military project is pretty remote- wouldn't you say?

I'm sorry sir, I can't remebe where I read this. I could be way off he mark but the last I heard the PAF were quite dissatisfied with the radar on the Thunder.

Actually, officially at least, PAF was satisfied with the radar - per the sources I have come across.

Good call @Oscar.

Last edited by a moderator:
3), the liklihood of Israel wanting to partner with Pakistan on a military project is pretty remote- wouldn't you say?

Back channel deals. There are more going on than many would care to know......

I am So SORRY to say this appears as Joke of the Day!!

Yahudis are more concerned for GOVT in Misr than this Hyper Technology God Created Viman.....which still doesnt have even a PESA radar..OPs

The absence of which sounds like a sound business opportunity, thus there is a remote possibility that there could be a hint of truth to this story.

I'm sorry sir, I can't remebe where I read this. I could be way off he mark but the last I heard the PAF were quite dissatisfied with the radar on the Thunder.

You are very much off the mark, the PAF are VERY satisfied with the KLJ-7. It has the Air-to-air performance of the APG-68. They are also quite satisfied with the ECM suite. Just as they are very satisfied with the SD-10. There is no account of PAF mentioning that they are dissatisfied anywhere.

Partnership is different from Purchase. The likelihood of Pakistan ending up purchasing tech from Israel(via a dealer) has been a 100% during the 90's and is still very high now.

Partnership is different from Purchase. The likelihood of Pakistan ending up purchasing tech from Israel(via a dealer) has been a 100% during the 90's and is still very high now.

Sir, I knew you'd say something along these lines ;) ;)!! But this method means only very trivial items and not "headline grabbing" products are going to find their way to the Thunder ie no HMDS, no EW suite, no Radar etc sme sub components maybe.

Surely Pakistan would be wise to open up official channels wih Israel both militarily and diplomatically? I'm aware of supposed internal pressures not to do so but it would be a win-win situation for Pakistan.

Just my 2 cents.

You are very much off the mark, the PAF are VERY satisfied with the KLJ-7. It has the Air-to-air performance of the APG-68. They are also quite satisfied with the ECM suite. Just as they are very satisfied with the SD-10. There is no account of PAF mentioning that they are dissatisfied anywhere.
Well in that case I stand corrected! Maybe it is just the fanboys on the web who have voiced their disgruntlement with the radar and asked for an AESA and other jingoistic remarks.

Well in that case I stand corrected! Maybe it is just the fanboys on the web who have voiced their disgruntlement with the radar and asked for an AESA and other jingoistic remarks.

The issue with the AESA for the Thunder is simple. Cooling and cooling alone..and it is not a power issue. It is a space issue. There is not enough space in the nose to house the Radar(with a respectable size dish) and its associated cooling. There are alternatives to it but at this point the PAF is satisfied with the KLJ-7's performance to hold off AESA till the third batch.

Hey bro,

I worked for the SANG last semester, and I saw them conducting tests on them :), I believe they had recieved a bunch of Al-Khalid few years ago.

And I quote

As for the JF-17, There had been some speculations that since KSA upgraded its National Saudi Guard from a presidency to a ministry, the SANG may build its own Airforce bro, which means there is a HUGE room to host the JF-17s.

Thanks for the poor attitude bro
!

never intended that way....just more realistic

Nothing, just wanted to share it with you as both of them have an Arabic name!

Quite an incorrect analogy to share it on. The Al-Khalid is named After Khalid bin-Waleed due to his esteem among the companions of the Prophet. Yes he was an Arab, but that is not the reason for the naming.

Quite an incorrect analogy to share it on. The Al-Khalid is named After Khalid bin-Waleed due to his esteem among the companions of the Prophet. Yes he was an Arab, but that is not the reason for the naming.

I'm actually well-aware of the origin of the tank naming, but still, both are Arabic names, therefore, there is a pattern.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom