What's new

JF-17 AESA Radar vs present mechanical Radar(lets test AESA)Jet will reduce 4m 30 million$ to 20 M$

Jhon Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
Earlier I wrote a thread on new AESA radar and gave caution to JF-17 to be very careful before going for AESA absolutely. ASES radar will reduce the price tag of JF-17 from present 30 miliion $ to 10 million $ . Because AESA radar TEC is very cheap and more durable.

16762629922_7973410c69.jpg

IMEC_RADARevolution_79GHz_20161.jpg

I thought it would be better to contrast and compare the tubes vs. solid-state debate for new AESA radar.
I'd readily concede that solid-state/transistor components are, watt for watt, cheaper, more reliable, cooler running, smaller and lighter in weight. But if solid-state is so terrific why haven't tubes become extinct in the half century since transistors came onto the scene?

AESA Radar is based on pure solid state therefore they are very very cheap compare to present Mechanical JF-17 Radars.
ASEA radar have many properties those including, easy to construct , easy to cool down and very light in weight! But these same can be ACHIEVED FOR MECHANICAL RADAR TOO HOWEVER IT WILL COST MORE EFFORT AND MAY MONEY TOO. THEREFORE WEST R SWITCHING FOR AESA RADARS TO REDUCE COST
Here I used some video examples for folk irrespective if have science background or not to demonstrate my point that present mechanical radar is superior than to AESA!!

Watch out videos and used analogy to conclude if AESA or Mechanical Radar!

Agile Beams: Active Electronically Scanned Array Radars

AESAs aim their "beam" by broadcasting radio energy that interfere constructively at certain angles in front of the antenna. They improve on the older passive electronically scanned radars by spreading their broadcasts out across a band of frequencies, which makes it very difficult to detect over background noise. AESAs allow ships and aircraft to broadcast powerful radar signals while still remaining stealthy. Above is AESA on F22

The AN/APG-80 system is described as "agile beam", and can perform air-to-air, search-and-track, air-to-ground targeting and aircraft terrain-following functions simultaneously and for multiple targets. As a SAR system utilizing NG's fourth-generation transmitter/receiver technologies, it has a higher reliability and twice the range of older, mechanically-scanned AN/APG-68 radar systems. Above is F-16 APG-80 Radar

Now read that report too!! Report of the Defense Science Board Task Force on FUTURE DoD AIRBORNE HIGH-FREQUENCY RADAR NEEDS/RESOURCES

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dsb/reports/ADA391893.pdf

Last edited:
And another thing, from that Transistor-Tube technology debate came in that RADAR stuff?

Earlier I wrote a thread on new AESA radar and gave caution to JF-17 to be very careful before going for AESA absolutely. ASES radar will reduce the price tag of JF-17 from present 30 miliion $ to 10 million $ . Because AESA radar TEC is very cheap and more durable.

16762629922_7973410c69.jpg

IMEC_RADARevolution_79GHz_20161.jpg

I thought it would be better to contrast and compare the tubes vs. solid-state debate for new AESA radar.
I'd readily concede that solid-state/transistor components are, watt for watt, cheaper, more reliable, cooler running, smaller and lighter in weight. But if solid-state is so terrific why haven't tubes become extinct in the half century since transistors came onto the scene?

AESA Radar is based on pure solid state therefore they are very very cheap compare to present Mechanical JF-17 Radars.
ASEA radar have many properties those including, easy to construct , easy to cool down and very light in weight! But these same can be ACHIEVED FOR MECHANICAL RADAR TOO HOWEVER IT WILL COST MORE EFFORT AND MAY MONEY TOO. THEREFORE WEST R SWITCHING FOR AESA RADARS TO REDUCE COST
Here I used some video examples for folk irrespective if have science background or not to demonstrate my point that present mechanical radar is superior than to AESA!!

Watch out videos and used analogy to conclude if AESA or Mechanical Radar!

Agile Beams: Active Electronically Scanned Array Radars

AESAs aim their "beam" by broadcasting radio energy that interfere constructively at certain angles in front of the antenna. They improve on the older passive electronically scanned radars by spreading their broadcasts out across a band of frequencies, which makes it very difficult to detect over background noise. AESAs allow ships and aircraft to broadcast powerful radar signals while still remaining stealthy. Above is AESA on F22

The AN/APG-80 system is described as "agile beam", and can perform air-to-air, search-and-track, air-to-ground targeting and aircraft terrain-following functions simultaneously and for multiple targets. As a SAR system utilizing NG's fourth-generation transmitter/receiver technologies, it has a higher reliability and twice the range of older, mechanically-scanned AN/APG-68 radar systems. Above is F-16 APG-80 Radar

Now read that report too!! Report of the Defense Science Board Task Force on FUTURE DoD AIRBORNE HIGH-FREQUENCY RADAR NEEDS/RESOURCES

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dsb/reports/ADA391893.pdf

What about AESA radar software ? If hardware is cheap what about software. As it is latest state of art, difficult to write and valuable. Currently JF-17 thunder price tag is 25 million dollar that will be raised to 32 million dollars with AESA in block 3.

Going off topic here bcuz this thread will be closed anyways...

There is a video of Lindsey Stirling playing Violin in this "argument" that OP is trying to present. :o:

Also this supposed "Jhon Smith" guy has American Flags and yet can't write in English properly and doesn't know that "John" is spelled as J O H N.

Can anyone explain to me what this guy's deal is?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom